Parent reviews for Independence Day

Independence Day Poster Image

Silly popcorn fun

This is a SciFi movie that is very low on the "Sci." Don't think too hard about the realism factor. It's a mix of one-liners and the calculated emotional rollercoaster of the pending end of humanity. My tween and teen sons thought it was fun. My husband and I suffered through it for the sake of family movie night. As a '90s pic, you'll notice that female characters are sparsely written, and there's an obligatory scantily clad woman dancing at a strip club (no nudity though). Swearing and lots of death by explosions depicted.
2 people found this helpful.

A bit creepy

Great movie, but the aliens are a bit creepy and scary for under 13 yo kids

Great movie!

Great movie! if youre kids have seen the second one they should be able to watch this

This summer...

Good old fashioned scifi movie not to be missed for 90's loving teens. Of course a lot of explosions, and some jump scares. The big landmarks is the consumerism part. Good for a watch on a long boring day.

It is one of the best movie of all time.

"We're all in this together boys!"

Pearl Harbor meets Men In Black. Bill Pullman's oh-so-earnest President is a bit much, but this is a great homage to those old WWII buddy movies, celebrating patriotism, brotherhood, and benign stereotypes: Jews are good with computers and wisecracks, blacks are kickass action heroes, women are stoically supportive, (but don't do much) and WASPs can deliver inspiring speeches in moments of crisis. USA!!

Nice.

This movie is fun to watch.Great music,nice artwork,and everything.I'd recommend Independence Day if you love alien movies.