All member reviews for The Terminator

Terrific sci-fi action, but too violent for some.

Teen, 17 years old Written byJosh Lambert October 3, 2010

This is the Real, Truthful Review

Great Movie but definitely a high R movie..........there is one seen where breasts are fully vissible. Violence is gory, and language is pervasive. Recommended rating

R: For Bloody Sequences of Action Violence, a scene of sexuality/nudity, and pervasive language, and a scene of drug content

not very noticeable but the Terminator takes weed

Parent of a 10 year old Written bybgbio September 28, 2010

Parents must judge whether or not their child's behavior will be effected by this movie, it is really a judgment call because the movie is very good but probably suited more for young adults.

Kid, 12 years old Written byPYEsinc September 11, 2010

Awesome.

Great movie, but there are some things to be worried about (extremely graphic explosions, the terminator is shown ripping his false eye out and cutting open his false arm to reveal his robotic parts, nudity, and the strong language).

Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2011

no kids under 9

i love the movie but may be inappropriate for some kids and it is rated R and that is for a reasen

Kid, 12 years old Written byMEGAFLASH500 May 14, 2011

schwartzenegger have big guns

violent movie with lots of guns and shooting. uses of f**k throughout. a scene of two characters having sex, though the scene is filmed in shadow, so you dont see the ACTUAL scene

Teen, 16 years old Written bylizzie3276 January 9, 2011

AMAZING!!!

I'm 14 and I absolutely love the first Terminator. I've probably seen it fifteen times. It keeps you hooked and it has action, suspense, a little romance, and it's actually more thought-provoking than it has the reputation of being.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 October 26, 2010

Pretty okay, lots of teenagers and adults will enjoy it!!!

This movie shows buttocks, breasts, and it shows the penis while in the shadow once, lots of graphic violence which is fine. Also, plenty of coarse language. Teenagers will enjoy watching it forever and ever!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byjackRH07 January 6, 2011

"Come with me, if you want to live"

I loved this move. Great story, characters, etc. Some sceanes between Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor, and about 15 f-words. Kyle is a good role model, going out of his way to save Sarah. The T-800 is one of the greatest villians of all time. But if you don't like violence, don't see it. NO ONE UNDER 13 should see it though.

Kid, 12 years old Written bymowrotom2222 January 6, 2011

it was awesome even though the guy died.
the cyborg was very hard to kill

Teen, 13 years old Written bylizzyjm16 April 10, 2011

mature kids who can take the action

i love this movie. the only thing that should be a concern is the violence and one scean where there is partial nudity

Teen, 15 years old Written byhansolo5150 May 1, 2011

An amazing, yet cheesy, 80's Sci-Fi flick. NOT for younger kids!

I just recently finished The Terminator. It was my first "Terminator" movie, so no comparisons to any of the sequels. This one is a bit of a mixed bag. Even for a movie from 1984, this one is cheesy. I guess I shouldn't have expected different however, considering the plot. Despite that, it is still a very dark, very tense, and very good movie. I absolutely loved it. :) Violence: Wow, where do I begin? To start off, over 30 people are seen killed in this film, and a soldier sent to the past speaks of almost everyone dying, and himself and a few others being kept alive to man the body dumping units, which he says "ran day and night". The 30+ people killed were all victims of the "Terminator", almost all of which were killed using various types of guns, while the very first victim had his heart ripped out onscreen (yes, you read right). One other victim was killed when "Terminator" ran him over with a car, while the man was still sitting at his office desk (still reading correctly). Scattered throughout the movie are flashs to the future that the "Terminator" was sent from, a horrific, war-torn future. Skulls litter the ground, and at one point, a female soldier is shot with a laser gun-armed machine, and is blown to pieces, literally. Sexual Content: At the very beginning of the movie, when the "Terminator" appears, he is completely nude, and his buttocks are clearly visible. Immediately following this, Kyle Reese, a soldier from the future, appears, also nude, though nothing sensitive is seen. Closer to the end of the movie, Kyle Reese and Sarah Conner have sex, and her breasts are shown. Language: Several uses of f*** scattered thoughout the movie, including one from "Terminator" which surprised me, seeing as it is a machine. Also a few uses of s***, a**hole, and lesser words. No product placement that I noticed, though I don't usually care about that. No noticeable drinking or drug use, though there is one comical scene where a police chief asks for a cigarette while he is already holding one. That about covers it. Enjoy!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 30, 2011

One of the best James Cameron films ever.

My rating: PG-13 [borderline with R] for intense sequences of sci-fi action/violence, some nudity, sexual content and language.

Adult Written bybun39 September 24, 2011

Terminator is alright

The terminator is a good movie, with all sorts of action and fighting. There is quite some language, and a couple of scenes where Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese have sex. But my mom covered my eyes and fast forwarded that scene. Other than that, it's a good movie.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byJustJulia09 May 4, 2011

Excellent movie, but not for my 10yr old

The only alcohol use was in a bar. No drunkards or abusing. The ONLY 2 reasons I don't recommend it to anyone under 17, are the 2 small sexual explicit scenes. Sarah's roommate, Ginger & boyfriend then Sarah Connor & Reese who end up conceiving John.

Teen, 13 years old Written byuhya March 19, 2011

THIS IS A GREAT BUT VIOLENT MOVIE.

this movie is an amazing classic, but is very violent, includes sex and infrequent strong language.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPatricks Reviews April 27, 2011

Not as Gory as Robocop

Alot of people compare this to Robocop but the two movies are nothing alike (story wise and gory wise). I saw this movie on AMC (as I did with Predator) and it was TV-14. Now I bought the movie because I liked it alot and there was quit a bit cut out to put it on TV. There is one scene were "The Terminator" is in a hotel and a man outside the door asks... "Is there a dead animal in there or something?" and Arnold's response was "F**k you A**hole," that was one of the part cut out. Another was the Sex scene between Sarah and Kyle. On TV there is no visible nudity however on DVD you can see a glimpse at Linda Hamilton breasts. The only other nudity in the movie is when Arnold comes in at the begging of the movie and you see a clear shot at his buttocks. The violence isn't to high leveled but is still pretty intense.

Kid, 12 years old Written byjasonlall9 August 31, 2010

Oy, James Cameron showed his knack of making explicit movies for today back in only 1984. Excellent movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written bywiipony10 November 20, 2011

EPIK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

very good movie there is some blood but not mutch

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn October 12, 2011

Ultra-violent action classic is full of blood and gore

The Terminator is one of the best sci-fi movies...ever. Really, if you haven't yet seen this movie, then you probably aren't old enough to be allowed to do so. Well, despite it's reputation of starting Arnold Schwarzenegger's career after Conan the Barbarian, make no mistake, this is gritty, violent and occasionally gruesome material that will quiet probably be too much for most children and tween's Now, there are many intense scenes of the two main characters running and fleeing from the Terminator, who also shoots many people, including easily over twenty people in one particularly violent police shootout scene, half-way into the movie, but does not end there, with another particularly grisly scene of the Terminator practically dissecting himself and cutting into his arm, eye and more. Also, there is some male nudity during the beginning, and a slightly graphic sex scene near the end. Finally, there is frequent strong profanity in the face of danger and during intense situations. Well, that's it, but if you are a big science fiction fan and can handle the brutal violence of this movie, than you will love it. Seriously, check it out if you haven't already done so.

Adult Written byHaloFreak123 April 9, 2008

Extremly brutal. Adults Only.