All parent member reviews for Abbey Road

Adult Written byAlphaZK93 March 19, 2011

A few sketchy songs

I am only going to talk about the ones I feel are a tad sketchy, because the rest are AWESOME (especially Here Comes The Sun and Oh, Darling!)

COME TOGETHER- The entire song is about drugs, and it's about a guy asking his friends to help him get high. Some lyrics are "Shoot me [with a needle, presumably]", "Toejam Football (jamming a needle into your toe so the cops won't know you got high)", "Monkey Finger (same as the previous, but in your finger)", and more. This would be a five-circle drug song. MAXWELL'S SILVER HAMMER- The song is about a psychotic murderer who murders a girlfriend, doctor, and judge with a hammer. The song is actually very funny. The Beatles themselves said it was "a happy song about murder". POLYTHENE PAM- Some trans-sexuality is mentioned "she looks so good, but she looks like a man" The song was inspired by a girl who ate saran wrap and when people would "do it" with polythene wrapped around them (said by The Beatles themselves in a biography). MEAN MR. MUSTARD-Well, this song is actually pretty funny. It's about a grumpy guy that lives in the road with money up his nose and who curses at the queen. It's not a song I'd let a little kid listen to, but it's fine otherwise. "Mean Mr. Mustard sleeps in the park, shaves in the dark, trying to save paper. Sleeps in a hole in the road. Keeps a ten-bob note up his nose. Savin' up to buy him some clothes. Such a dirty old man." XD ALL IN ALL!!!! Great for older kids, but please, listen to the songs and DO REASEARCH. :D *****THE BEATLES ARE AMAZING******

Adult Written bypizza31 May 2, 2010

Best Beatles album

In the song The End, Paul sings: "Oh yeah!! All right!! Are you gonna be in my dreams tonight?" Which means... you know. Plus, Maxwell's Silver Hammer is about this little weird guy who goes around and kills people with a hammer. Paul is holding a cigarette on the cover, but none of the songs are about smoking at all. Other than that, it's fine.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byhead shot July 12, 2010

Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bygheinrich September 17, 2009

My Dad was a big Beatles fan, I am a Beatles fan, and this summer my two boys, 7 and 10, fell in love with them as well. They tend to prefer the pre-Revolver music, but Octopus's Garden and Here Comes the Sun from Abbey Road are favorites. Cautions: Maxwell's Silver Hammer is about a guy who kills people, and the cover art depicts Paul McCartney smoking.

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 6, 2012

abbey road

Families can talk about how The Beatles' music transcends generations and how, through games like Rock Band, the songs can be enjoyed by the whole family.

Families can talk about how music comes from so many easily accessed venues now and why it's important to choose songs without degrading lyrics, preview new artists in advance, and not download illegally.

Parent of a 14 and 19 year old Written byLeowolf77 October 8, 2009