All parent member reviews for "Gangnam Style" (CD Single)

Adult Written byJEDI micah December 5, 2012

GOOD KOREAN FUN!!!

I don't care if anyone can't understand what Psy is saying (duh, it's in Korean!), but who really cares?! The beat makes you wanna dance, the Korean rapping is unique, and the whole song is just super catchy! Who would've thought that Psy could become an international sensation all because of his silly yet fun dance moves and rapping?! LONG LIVE PSY!!!

Educator Written byunikkorns March 13, 2013

Too sexy is right

I'll admit that it's cute when the kids in my program do the Gangnam Style dance to other songs, but I draw the line when they say "Sexy." That word should not be coming out of the mouth of an elementary-aged kid.

As far as the message goes, kids below a certain age cannot understand satire. They take things at face value, so with this song that is a problem since it's referencing sex, opulence, greed, etc and they could take it the wrong way. Until they have the mental capacity to understand parody and satire, this song and video is not for them. The least offensive thing about the fad would be parts of the dance (galloping horse). And it can be danced to pretty much anything. The kids in my program dance Gangnam Style to Nyan Cat.

Educator and Parent of a 6, 7, 10, and 10 year old Written byPatzeheheh May 12, 2013

Fine 9+

Parents, you are sort of on the safe side, The lyrics are in Korean, so kids will not likely understand the lyrics and think of flirting and PSY hitting on girls, so they don't see what the song really means, and the song means some weird stuff iffy for 9 and lower. There is one use of "sexy", but if you remind your kid not to repeat and tell him how sometimes it could be rude and inappropriate in school, they might not use it and they might ignore the word. There are clean versions avaliable which take out "sexy", but I don't see the problem. They will love seeing PSY rock to 1 billion and copy his "dance moves". The dance moves actually mean something hidden, if you know what I mean, so tell your kid 8 and under not to dance like PSY does. In some cases, the music video has people dancing on top of people squatting up and down, which is very inappropriate, so it looks "wrong" and I agree, I just would let 10+ see the music video, 8+ listen to it. The main points are just one word and the music vid. Otherwise, it's PSY's catchy tunes.

Parent of a 7 and 15 year old Written byParentReviewz January 23, 2013

One of the WORST Songs of all time.

If you think this is good music then there must be something wrong with you. WAAAY Over-played and I don't understand why it would be inappropriate since most kids who listen to this song won't understand the lyrics so why even bother. If you let your kid listen to this song, fine. Just don't let them play it out loud or you'll be sorry.

Parent of a 11 year old Written bygalaxyop December 27, 2012

Good Song, Pretty Clean

Great song! Has the word "sexy" in it but no swear words. Very catchy, I'd let anyone 8+ listen to it and anyone 12+ watch the music video (which is kinda iffy).

Parent Written bytreat02 January 12, 2013

Funny, but the music video is what the fuss is about

Well, other than "sexy lady" the SONG isn't bad. If you have a younger kid, (8 or 9) it's okay as long as they don't see the music video. The music video is very funny (in my opinion) but isn't for kids. I think this is why CSM is saying it's not as appropriate. Plus, everything is in Korean. (Except for some little parts in English). The lyrics in Korean aren't very bad, to tell the truth. I think 8+ can probably LISTEN to this song, but just not see the video for it. :D

Parent Written byMom_of_5 December 27, 2012

Okay for kids 10+

It is a very catchy and popular song. There is a little sexy stuff in the music video, and I think kids 12+ should be able to watch the video (even though most young kids have seen it). There is also the word "sexy" in it, but if kids know about sex, and what sexy means, they should be fine with it.

Parent Written byhey3323 March 14, 2013