All member reviews for "Radioactive" (CD Single)

Hard-hitting rock anthem is angsty but clean.

Teen, 15 years old Written bydoodlebuggy(: August 25, 2013

WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE of IMAGINE DRAGONS

It's a FANTASTIC song! I'm not a fan of dubstep or rock, but this is MY FAVORITE song! Honestly, forget about the weird music video or analyzing the lyrics. If you find the song catchy, just listen to it! Overall the song is great, upbeat, and makes you feel good. ā™„Imagine Dragonsā™„

Teen, 14 years old Written byRadioactiveā¤ July 3, 2013

Positive message in the lyrics

Look. I say ditch the weird video; those rarely ever have anything to do with the song.

Guys... Alot of you have it wrong. It's not a meaningless, apocolyptic song. It does have very good message. See
Radioactive elements are constantly changing. So, he's saying that he can constantly change, and constantly adapt to the heck life can be sometimes. Life can be horrible, enough to 'make your systems blow' especially sometimes. In the begining

I'm waking up, to ash and dust
A wipe my brow and sweat my rust
I'm breathing in the chemicals
I'm breaking in, shaping up, checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocolypse
He's saying he woke upto metaphorical ash and dust, both stuff that can choke you, but next he's saying he tries to shake it off and get away. Next he realises you can't run away from you problems, they are like chemicals in the air. Next, he's preparing for the challenge, but still a bit hesitant and upset. Then he's saying how he feels like it could be the end, the apocolypse of him.

I'm waking up,
I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
He's awakening, truely excepting the tough spot in life he was meant to have. He can tell from now on things will not be easy, and it would be enough to 'make his systems blow,' per say, that it's so hard.

welcome to the new age, to the new age(x2)
I'm RADIOACTIVE, RADIOACTIVE(x2)
He's now welcoming himself the changes or hardships(the new age), because now he know he can do it. He's radioactive because he knows he is strong enough to withstand it, to adapt, to survive.

I wave my flags,
I don my clothes,
it's a revolution I suppose
We're painted red,
To fit right in
I'm breaking in, shaping up, checking out on the prison bus,
This is it, the apocolypse
He's trying to conform to the changes, relolutionizing his thoughts to how they have to be now to survive the new challenges. But the world keeps 'painting him red to fit right in.' this means all the people doubting him, trying to ignore struggle, and so it makes him rethink things and his hope is thus torn down for awhile, and once again he feels it could be 'the apocolypse' of him or happiness.

[chorus]
same meaning as before

All systems go, sun hasn't died
Deep in my bones, straight from inside
He's realising that he really can live on, adapt, and survive(all systems are still working). The sun hasn't died; by this he means through all this, his hope and hapiness has lasted through the struggles so far. Deep in the bones/straight from inside; he's feeling more and more confident that he has it in him to continue through the harsh realities he has been faced with, and he's building up to explain the chorus once more, but with more strenghth.

[chorus]
same as before, but now he's saying that he WILL make it through, not could.

Kid, 9 years old August 13, 2013

Awesomeness

reminds me of the hunger games (awesome) it is fine!

Teen, 14 years old Written byHaitham Bayazeed April 28, 2013

wow

Amazing and really great song, without profanity

Teen, 14 years old Written byNLRicci April 26, 2013

Forceful rock song is clean and serious.

This popular song from the band "Imagine Dragons" is about an apocalypse is clean, but very rough, and charged. There is no mature content, except for a line about "breathing in the chemicals". The message is unclear, but the lack of profanity, sexual content, and substance references makes it fine for most teens.

Kid, 10 years old June 11, 2013

Video Is Pretty Weird;Scary For Some Kids Like Me

Radioactive Is A Ok Song By Imagine Dragons.I Don't Really Understand This Song,Or The Video But This Song Is Pretty Catchy And Has No Objectable Content,Except Some Violent Lyrics(About Apocalypses)And A Very Scary(To Me).It Shows Puppets Fighting In A Violent Way.(Puppets Doing Evil Things Scare Me...)The Big One Rips Up Another Puppet.But Then,A Bear Beats The Big Puppet.This Song May Be Hard To Understand,And The video Is Hard To Understand,But,It Is Pretty Catchy.

Kid, 10 years old April 20, 2013

One of Imagine Dragon's best songs!

This song is really catchy. Since I like dubstep and rock, I loved this song!

Kid, 11 years old May 13, 2013

Uplifting song

Great song! Never noticed anything bad in it.

Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2013

Catchy

This song isn't for everyone,but I like rock,so I like it. And it's very catchy!

Teen, 13 years old Written byC.M.B April 16, 2013

Nice!

Sure the song has a bit of a rebellious theme, but it's nothing much to worry about really. The song is used in trailers for videogames and stuff hence consumerism. Otherwise VERY well done song, especially the chorus!

Kid, 9 years old July 26, 2013

Cool Song

It contains some violence, but is very catchy and clean. It got stuck in my head after hearing the pentatonix cover. It's well written, but the video did not match the meaning of the song at all, so if a kid wants to hear this song, they should go for something with only the audio. I think it's a cool song, though, nevertheless.

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus March 26, 2013

Teen, 16 years old Written bycinnagurl March 21, 2014

Radioactive

This is a great song. One of my faves from Imagine Dragons. However i do notice that the review says its Dubstep influenced. I dont think so. People these days do not know what dubstep is

Kid, 10 years old February 18, 2014

Good song for kids, but it's parodies are super-teenager-ish.

The song is very clean, just a bit more anthem-ish. There are parodies that I also think should be reviewed. There is one named "Really Inactive" which involves a horrible role model, and one by Y-Titty involving revenge. Minecraft loves this song, so you might hear a MC parody that is OK. Instalok made a parody for LoL, a 12+ game, even though the parody is more 10+ lyric-wise. JustParodiezMan, a deviantARTer, made a parody called "Transfor-a-mation" involving a HORRIBLE role model who kills and rapes people as a reaction to losing a shirt, some guy named Joshua turning into a Flygon bloodily (I took this PERSONAL since my first name is Joshua and Flygon is my 3rd fave pokemon) and even going into a forest full of wild pokemon with no caution. So yea, this song is OK. Just no parodies.

Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2014

The music video is HULARIOUS

I was not expecting teddy bears. That's right, theres teddy bears fighting each other in this video. It's hilarious and I can't stop watching it. Great job on that. Anyway, the song is pretty good overall, but "Demons" is better. AGE IS BASED OFF VIDEO!

Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 January 2, 2014

Very unique and cool

This song is pretty cool and head banging. I don't understand what they're saying, exactly, but I really like the music. As CSM mentioned, there's no inappropriate content to speak of, so this is perfect for all ages (though I doubt youngsters will understand the lyrics).

Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2013

so catchy

I love this song

Kid, 11 years old October 14, 2013

Best Song EVer

I think this song means a lot about changing who you are and your actions. Though the video is a little weird. This is my favorite song at the moment and i love it. I am 11 and have asked my music teacher to teach my class this song. He said he will have to check the lyrics if it is appropriate for my age.