All parent member reviews for Taylor Hicks

Not yet rated
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Do Not Miss! Awesome Idol Music!!! Fun!

Excellent Music, fun, upbeat, and really awesome sound. Man is a role model! Manners and Music! Wow!

Adult Written bytwinmiracles27 April 9, 2008

My Twin Girls

My girls at the time he was on American Idol were 3 1/2 and they absolutely fell in love with him right away and they still love him. They have been to 4 of his concerts and we are going to see him on Broadway. We got to meet him once at the Warner Theater and he is absolutely an awesome guy he is very nice and has a great personality I would recommend his music to anyone he is very inspiring!!!!!!!!!

Adult Written bybamagal April 9, 2008

WOW music has returned!!!!

Taylor Hicks brings back "music" to music. Alot of the "music" on the radio today has no music. Taylor's CD is full of heart and soul. His original works are masterpieces and personify what "good" music is. Taylor is a great artist and you can tell by listening to his album that he feels the music in his soul.

Adult Written bychloisie April 9, 2008

Finally! Real Music

At last, we have an artist who doesn't use sex, glorification of drugs/alcohol, and anti-social behavior to try to sell his music. Taylor is not perfect, but he does posess a sense of moral responsibility and a very strong work ethic. And the music is great!

Adult Written byFay April 9, 2008

The more I listen to the songs....

There is a lot of music out there that sounds really good at first but get old fast.
One neat thing about this cd is that the more I listen to the songs, the more I like them.
The first single Just To Feel That Way was released last month and getting a lot of attention.
Give it a try - I bet the more you listen, the more you will love it too.

Adult Written bymrsoleksy April 9, 2008

Easy to Listen, Easy to Share

There should be no problem with parents playing this CD with their kids. Very upbeat, danceable. Just fun music.

Adult Written byrjcharris April 9, 2008

A role model

Taylor Hicks is a good example of someone that works hard and never gives up on their dreams. He is a gentleman and a wonderful musician, singer and songwriter. His album is a mix of soulful blues and rocking good fun.

Adult Written bypattyr April 9, 2008

Awesome

Taylor Hicks provides a wholesome,fun CD that my son and I sing out loud to everytime we're in the car!
I even had to buy my 9 year old his own copy. Money well spent!!

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Adult Written bytbelfonti April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybrowneyes April 9, 2008

Adult Written byg8r April 9, 2008

(I cried! I laughed!)

IT SUCKED SO BAD I CRIED AND LAUGH. WHATEVER YOU DO DON NOT BUY THIS ALBUM!!! CHRIS DAUGHTRY AND TAYLOR McPHEE ARE DEFININTLEY ON!

Adult Written bypenney1115 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byjesseclev April 9, 2008

Listened, Loved it

Taylor Hicks's character is reflected in the respect he shows for people as well as the music he loves.

Adult Written byPat P April 9, 2008

Adult Written byazee April 9, 2008

Finally! An artist that can be enjoyed by all ages!

Taylor Hicks' cd is one that does not embarrass me to to have playing with kids around! The lyrics are all acceptable and about feeling true feelings. Ialso love the fact that you can understand the lyrics, and there is no slang used throughout the whole cd!
Definately a thumbs up :)

Adult Written byoldiebutgoodie April 9, 2008

Staying True to Himself

Taylor's CD stays true to the performer himself. He has openly said that he did
not give up control of this CD to total
strangers. He has also maintained his
own originality through the addition of
three of his own songs as cuts on the album--and in my opinion they by themselves are some of the best ones.
The subject matter is traditional--no
violence or gang related stuff--no drugs
mentioned--just love and doing whatever
it takes to maintain relationships or
commenting on traditional problems in
relationships--example--"what kind of man do you consider me when I work from
five to five? When I come home I put my
time in girl just to keep our love
alive. See I try so hard to please
ya 'cause I know how much I need ya--
and right now my soul is cryin' out
cause you mean so much to me". (2nd
verse of "Heaven Knows") Great stuff-
buy it!! Great example of music
education--old soul modernized aand "Taylorized"!!

Adult Written bylakota April 9, 2008

Adult Written byChrispydivine April 9, 2008

I still can't get enough of it

Taylor Hicks American Idol Season 5 winner realease an album that truly speaks to his core audience. Anyone who was a fan of Taylor Hicks during AI took the time to research him and find out that American Idol was just another notch on his musical carrer. Releasing two indie albums and doing countless club shows starting years and years before Idol was even thought of. These fans were treated to the music that was Taylor Hicks. So now that it was decided that he was the Champion of Season 5 what can we expect from his first big label album. Well for starts the album has everything you would want in a Hicks album. Funk, soul , rock and R & B. Stopping at nothing to deliver a positive message and stories of all kinds of everday situations. Along with new material we also get some revamped versions of Taylor Hicks classics such as Soul Thing and The deal. I dont think this review is going to be super helpful. But please just buy the album and take a look see. I promise it to deliever.

Adult Written bybrighteyes April 9, 2008