All parent member reviews for Barney & Friends

Parent of a 9, 13, and 16 year old Written byesams June 5, 2010

preschoolers show

i love barney my sdaughter loves it but my 2 sons hate barney my youngest hates barney the most and dosent want barney on there he whishes theyre wasent a show called barney and its educational and has positive messages and good role models and will be for kids 3 and up and is a purple dinosaur with manners besides my youngest son prefers TV-Y7-VL
second youngest TV-PG-L and oldest TV-14-SVL and great for preschoolers barney has been on for 18 years now and has 14 seasons and my son olny wanted 1 season with 1 episode but my daughter wanted 30 seasons for 40 years i let all my kids watch it but 2 out of the 3 dont want to now bye

Parent of a 12 year old Written byHedgieguy11 January 10, 2011

Scary dinos!!!

Dinosaur=scary. Period

Parent of a 2 year old Written bysnack January 18, 2009

Talks down to the kiddies

Kid's are smart. So, why do we allow them to watch dumb shows like Barney? They love it, but they also love cookies and ice cream - doesn't mean it's good for them! This is the "junk food" of educational kid's shows. Sesame Sreet showed that you can teach kids without talking down to them - which is all that Barney does. Should you keep your kid's away from it - no! But, at least let them see other quality shows, like Sesame Street for education and The Upside Down Show for REAL imagination.

Adult Written bySoCaveWrencher September 23, 2011

Bad

Don't bother. Barney swears a lot and does drugs. You don't want your kid watching this garbage

Parent of a 4 year old Written byLoving_Parent762 December 3, 2009

Keep your kids away from this show.

This show teaches kids to always be followers and never to be sad. If there is a problem, you can solve it with magic and singing etc. Barney has no educational value and dozen't even try to teach. All the show is are bright colors and loud sounds to keep kids watching. The show also promotes kids to constantly eat cookies, cake and ice cream to be happy. The show also presents no reality such as no conflict or bullying, because of this, kids won't know how to deal with real world issues. Do your kid a favor and don't allow them to watch Barney, all they will want are Barney tapes and toys.

Parent of a 2 year old Written byLINDSEY76 April 18, 2009

TONY MASON WROTE A SONG CALLED BARNEYS ON FIRE

Parent of a 17 year old Written bykrypto fan August 15, 2009

barney fan

i love barney's happy shoe's and his tap shoe's

Adult Written bybebeyarb April 9, 2008

Parent of a 3 year old Written bylutheranmommy November 2, 2010

I have a 3 year old - she loves the show - but I have to point out (since I am 30 - not like the tennage reviewers and notice more things) Barney sends conflicting messages(why I said not good role model- only somtimes though). We have a DVD and Barney sings about important of indoor voices(which is awesome) but then the next song he talks about getting excited and using it indoors for a party - which is it Barney -are you going to teach them to use indoor voie or scream - it doesn't go both ways. Little things like that in a lot of the episodes - they contradict each other. I would recommend avoiding Barney and watching other shows on PBS that are both more educational, fun for adults to watch, and your toddler will love even more than Barney. Highly recommnd Dinosaur Train, Sid the Science Kid and Super Why - all are great, extremely educational and will hold the attention of even most 2 year old - I love all of those myself because they are fun and easy on the nerves.

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bymommy of 3 October 8, 2009

Not worth my children's time

His shows do not assist children in learning to deal with negative feelings and emotions. As one commentator puts it, the real danger from Barney is denial: the refusal to recognize the existence of unpleasant realities. For along with his steady diet of giggles and unconditional love, Barney offers our children a one-dimensional world where everyone must be happy and everything must be resolved right away

Parent Written byCallofDuty5000 November 2, 2012

You don't want your kids watching this garbage!

Horrible.Barney swears a lot,does drugs and has enjoyment in homocide.You don't want your kids watching this garbage.

Adult Written byAl Jackson April 18, 2012

WE NEED TO KILL THIS DINOSAUR!!!!!!!!!

First of all,this show is not that edecational.I mean,the PARENTS need to supervise the kids.Not a PURPLE DINOSAUR! Also,the dinosaur is just creepy.I mean,a dinosaur that has purple skin,and a green stomach?! I know Santa Claus and the tooth fairy are real.But purple dinosaur?! No.Just,no! The worst part is that horrible song at the end that I can't stand! It is terribly sad and makes me want to throw him overboard if I were a boat driver.So please parents,for your own good,make your kids avoid this dinosaur,like the flu! Have your kids watch Maisy or any kid show with no breaking the fourth wall and no stupid songs!

Parent of a 3 year old Written byrainbowatnight October 20, 2010

Fun For Kids of all Ages

I used to watch this show when I was younger and now I let my younger siblings watch it. I learn so much from this show and it is still teaching kids of all ages how to act and how not to act.

Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 27, 2009

godd for little ones

i dont like barney but little kids definetly will. It is a great show for little kids to watch.

Adult Written bysjhj1222 April 9, 2008

Good values

Barney, like him or not, helps to teach kids good social values and manners. Two things that seems to be lacking today. He also teaches about good hygeine and using your imagination. Young children seem to respond well to him.

Adult Written byMovieBuff 900 April 9, 2008

OMG!

This is definitely not a show that I want my kids watching! Show them a show like Blues Clues. It's a lot less violent.

Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 19, 2012

One of the worst little kid shows i've seen in my entire life.

I wish this dinosaur got killed.It's one of the worst little kid shows (Dora The Explorer being the #1 worst).The song "I Love You" makes my ears wanna bleed! The acting is horrible,the graphics are pretty bad,and the music SUCKS.Parents,don't let your kids watch this! Introduce them to Sesame Street or Blue's Clues instead!

Parent Written byResponsibleParentOf2 September 14, 2012

Barney is WAY too scary!

He's a dinosaur for crying out loud! Do we want our children to be freaked out and think that dinosaurs are still alive?!?! AND HE TALKS!!!! Imagine if a big purple dinosaur came up to you and started talking!! I'M SUING TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Parent Written byorangepuff August 5, 2012

BLOODY AND GROSS

BARNEY WILL KILL YOU HE WILL EAT U AND

Parent Written byImSpidey2 June 7, 2012

Dumb as heck.

This show is unwatchable. To little kids, Barney's a loving and caring father-like figure to young children. But to older kids like me, Barney's a greedy purple devil who wants nothing more but to corrupt children's brains and get paid for it.