Parent reviews for Boy Meets World

Boy Meets World Poster Image

Great sitcom for the older kids!

I really like this show. I used to watch it a little bit as a child, but understand the context a lot better now as an adult. However, it's a great show for young teens. It is a comedy, but it is more on the serious side. It has a lot of great and deep messages about school, friendship, family and doing the right thing. The teacher Mr Feeny is a great example of that, since he's always trying to lead Cory in the right direction. And I like how the adults aren't "busting" Cory immediately when he have done something wrong, instead they give him time to figure it out himself and do what is right. That definitely make this show stand out. Just be prepared that the storylines will get even more serious and adult in the later seasons. If you want a sitcom that is a little bit more serious, but still enjoyable, I highly recommend it.

Good life lessons , but way too much about Sex

The show has a lot of sexual innuendo and some episodes focus on sex. I am not sure why 6th or 7 th graders would be focused on this or why the show feels the need to focus on this premature subject. I think it is inappropriate at this age and some episodes should be avoided due to this. Most episodes are ok, but parents beware. Its ashamed that the show feels the need to push this agenda so early.

1 person found this helpful.

Boy meets world is relatable though has to much sexy stuff

This tv show is a great show for pretend and teenagers. Educational Value 30/100 This show focuses more on messages than education, but the characters attend school, and facts are sometimes said, primarily in history. Positive Messages 73/100 Nearly every episode has a positive message. As the seasons progress the messages change and become more mature. In early episodes it is more kid friendly messages like admitting that your guilty. But as season 3 approaches the messages become more mature. For instance in season 3 a message is about how sometimes you have to move on in a relationship, and in very late seasons the episodes are very mature. For instance one episode is about having a safe sex life. Positive Role Models 60/100 The characters are mostly positive role models, though sometimes they have iffy behavior. Mr. Feeny is a great role model and teaches Corey and his friends tons of life lessons. When the characters do something wrong they usually face consequences. Violence 15/100 There is no gore or blood though fights and arguments occur. Many of the fights are resolved or have consequences. Shawn and Corey get in an argument and throw water at each other. Corey and Topanga have an argument in that same episode. In a laterepisode in the series Corey and his friends go into the school, only to find grafetti vandalism. In an episode it is revealed that Corey fell in an animal pen at the zoo. The flashback shows Corey screaming as he is saved by Shawn. This took place when Corey was a little kid. Sex/Nudity 55/100 There is no full frontal nudity or sex, but there's a lot of other stuff. Corey and Topanga are in a relationship, and as their relationship progresses the content becomes more mature. Topanga presses her bare bottom across a glass elevator in a later episode. Topanga pretends to have sex with someone in an episode to prank Corey. They go under the covers and make sexual sounds. Topanga takes a magazine test and one of the questions is, "Is your partner good in the bed?". Corey tells her that he is though Topanga puts no. There are also content in earlier years of the show. When Corey and Topanga break up in season 3 Corey sees Topanga making out with a man in a restraunt. Corey then gets jealous and rants about it in the episode. Besides Corey and Topangas relationship there are other sexual content. In an episode in season 2 Corey learns about ovaries in class. In season 7 Corey says to a man, "It must be nice to be a virgin". In a Christmas themed episode Corey tells Eric that he can't run around the house naked because Topamga was coming over. The list of references is long. There's not to many sexual references, but there scattered (especially in the later episodes). Language 30/100 Nothing is said that can't be said on public TV. There are no bad words in the first couple of seasons. Then there are occasional uses of hell and damn. B***h is said rarely. Jack says the word jacka**. Corey says the word sl**. Consumerism 0/100 None. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking 15/100 Corey gets drunk in a mid season episode. He regrets his actions though. Quality 80/100 Boy Meets World is a great TV show for growing children. It has tons of positive messages that are displayed in a fun way.

Postive messages

This show is comical with a little romance and drama but also leave you with a great message at the end of the show the principal mr. Feeny give the kids a lot of Hope and confidence to go out into the world this is a must-see for anyone 10 and up

Sex obsessed!

I watched this as a kid. Watching as a parent and adult, I’m shocked by how sex-obsessed this show is! The only thing on anyone’s minds is sex and dating. Even the parents are constantly making suggestive innuendos. It’s no wonder I grew up boy crazy with crap like this influencing me. I’m fine with some romantic focus, but give them something else to care about too please. I disagree with the 10+ rating on this show. If you’re going to show it to your kids (I won’t), at least wait until they’re teenagers. Don’t force them into hyper-focusing on sex and dating.

Too Much Information

I watched this show growing up and it shows a lot of nude like how Shawn and Cory put a poster of Rachel in a nude with something to cover up with,and Cory and Topanga in a bed when they are married that Eric hook them up with. They ruined the show by a lot of nude and those stupid writers put on their script naked multiple times,I wouldn't recommend this show for kids of any age up to age of 10 still the writers think this is for Disney but is not.

It’s great but a bit sexy

This show is very great. This show does have a lot of things that I don’t think little kids should be watching it has a lot of episodes where they talk about sex and Cory Matthews seems to be a bit obsessed with it there’s also an episode where Cory and Shawn sneak alchohol from there father there is also an episode completely dedicated to there honeymoon where they do have sex nothing is shown just them under the blanket for about one or two seconds there’s some light swearing such as damn and hell but otherwise it’s a great show with great meanings

Season 1 is kid-friendly. After that, it gets very adult very quickly

I do love this show. I watched it when it was new, and just watched it again with my nine-year-old daughter. It gave us the opportunity to have a lot of conversations about sex, because the show deals with the topic more than most people remember. In the later seasons, Cory really pressures Topanga to have sex. She does not relent, and waits until they marry. (Yay!) Several other boys try to pressure girls into sex too. At the end of most episodes, I'd turn the show off and talk with my daughter about sex, relationships, and boys. It led to our first real sex talk (i.e. insert Tab A into Slot B). By the end of the seventh season, I feel like she was much better prepared for the challenges that would come with puberty. But would I let her watch it alone? Oh, HECK, no! Except the first season. The first season is no problem. The characters do some really stupid things, but they generally learn a lesson by the end of the show. It's redeeming in that sense. Do I recommend the show? Yes. But it's not for kids. At least not without serious Parental Guidance.

AMAZING FOR KIDS

I think the show is great and I love that they made another show a follow-up show called girl meets world where cory and Topanga's daughter meet the world

First season is great for 9+

The first season was super wholesome and charming! Love it. Couldn’t keep watching with my sixth grader after that because the second season became ALL about sex! The protagonist is supposed to be a 7th grader, and in the first few episodes, he kisses about four different girls. Very weird. I kept waiting for the plot to change, but it’s like sex was their only main idea for the show. Lots of objectifying women, too. I was disappointed because the first season was so sweet.