All member reviews for Dawson's Creek

Mature, talky teens ponder life's complexities.

Teen, 17 years old Written byDylan.wilson June 28, 2011

Dawsons Creek

I think the show has very good messages and shows the life of close knit friends as they take the journey of adolecense to adulthood and I agree there are very sexual themes in the show but it shows issues that many teens deal with like finding there sexual identity when one of the characters becomes openly gay and drinking which it shows the bad effects it can have, but there is also alot of death in the show which can make some episodes upsetting. But it truley is a show that defined a generation and this is all coming from a 14 year old.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byshertoo May 7, 2011

Teen, 16 years old Written bymryellowplaid May 20, 2010

Perfection.

My favourite show ever. Have it all on DVD, even before the box-set came out.
You laugh, you cry, you feel their pain. Best show ever.

Adult Written byfr0stedshad0w April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bytaylorswift2122 July 17, 2011

f

this show is ok for mature teens , not to much kissng

Parent of a 11 year old Written byCapeside Fan January 25, 2011

Dawson's Creek is one of a kind

This is an amazing show for kids and adults who never fit in, for those of us whose like and concerns varied and perhaps set us apart from the stereotypes we wonder if we wouldn't have been more comfortable and well-accepted to emulate. The show can laugh at itself, often lampooning the idea of an angst driven, post-modern Bleak House, or Our Town set to top-40 pop. This is an important fact to remember when you consider the choices of the characters, which really represent the choices of the writers, and of creator Kevin Williamson, who really tried to fuse recognizable late-90s Americana with a pre-911/pre-speculative bubble hopefulness and progressive hope. I loved this show, for years. It's sad to say, but for the inner James Taylors in all of us, who find ourselves facing "lonely times, when we (sic) could not find a friend," the Capeside crew provides a slightly sad but satisfying fake friendship presence for those days when we pretend to stay home sick, just to look out of the window and wonder about life. I must recommend one not watch too many episodes in a row, as it can be like watching a magicians trick over and over, the worst could happen and the underlying formula could get revealed.
It is a superior teen show, but I prefer to think of it as a unique look at a family of people we all wish we knew, or perhaps wish we were...so, therefore, literature at its cultural best.

- A fan

Teen, 16 years old Written bygilmored6 May 28, 2009

Great coming of age show!!!

To be completely honest i started watching this show when i was quite young like ten and i didn't really get all of the sex references however i really wouldn't say 14 and older. i would say 12 and older because it is not that bad and the show itself is really good

Teen, 14 years old Written byIvoryNeptune December 21, 2012

Pretty Good

It is a good show. I'd recommend a parent stay around for kids under 16. Be warned sex is often a topic of conversation amongst the teens.