All member reviews for Dora the Explorer

Preschoolers will love Dora's ongoing adventures.

Kid, 8 years old September 18, 2010

Once kids are 6, they will start to hate Dora, but perfect for 2-5 year olds! Nice animation for babies, but sometimes Swiper steals stuff, which is innapropriate. Second, going on an adventure without asking mom? Wow...Should have been canceled after the 2nd episode.

Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written byshamrockgrl74 April 9, 2008

I will not let my 3 year old watch this show. There are much better educational shows on TV. Dora has horrible manners - Yelling, telling others what to do. SHe knows of Dora thru all the items in the stores. You can't get away from it, but she has never seen a show.

Kid, 11 years old Written bytvfreak101 October 15, 2010

boring

snoresville usa population dora

Parent Written byjolson123 November 26, 2010

i hate it because this show is too annoying,too much educational and childish themes,my kid does not watch it

Teen, 15 years old Written bysquishy723 April 9, 2008

DORA IS AWESOME

EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH DORA!!!! AHHH ITS SO AWESOME!

Teen, 17 years old Written bymattballew April 9, 2008

I lost six brain cells watching this!

This show is really annoying, and when reading the review about it, i see what they mean! I have a 5 year old at home, just turned 5, And she LOVES dora, She is constantly Repeating her self. More than any usual 5 year old. Its momma, momma, momma, MOMMA!!! (because dora tells you to "YELL LOUDER") Also not a good show, because my dad is a 3rd shifter and dora not only encourages you to yell louder but to stand up and jump up and down, This is in the Daily Programming!

Teen, 13 years old Written byGeodeGem March 17, 2010

Dora Excellente'!

I think its cute, for instance, my little brother that had cancer loved it, so now, I feel I must defend the show. The things that do bother me is, she constantly asks the kids to look around for Swiper or something, when she can easily move her head and look herself! She reminds me of Tom Soyer sometimes, cuz making people do the work for her sometimes. . . I use to watch the show as a kid, and I pretty much loved it. . . pretty much.. not 100% I think its a good learning show for kids, sometimes I do question why little kids always need to learn something- example Spanish, then again, the world seems to need to speak English just to trade with us. . . so. . . yeah.

Kid, 12 years old Written byMovie Lover 4Ever January 8, 2011

I think dora is a great show for kids ages 3-7. Now that I'm twelve she bores me to death, but little kids will love her. When I was little, she was all I'd ever talk about. But make sure your kids realize not all the Dora products have to be bought.

Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 15, 2011

Oh please guys, grow up.

Grow up guys! The only reason you hate this is because you grew out of it! This show is very educational. I mean, I understand if you hate this, but don't make things up. It's just stupid and pointless.

Kid, 12 years old Written byeagledawn April 9, 2008

My IQ dropped

Dora is very annoying. She yells at the kids and drops random Spanish phrases. She's rude and talks to strangers and goes on adventures alone. Dora is also very commercialized and has a whole marketing empire.

Kid, 10 years old Written byTKDTaylor97 April 9, 2008

Ugh....

Dora is not helpful, and does n ot help younger children learn. Ok, a talking monkey who wears boots? Thats not helping... A blue buffalo named benny, a green iguana who speaks spanish and a fox named swiper who steals Dora's dumb stuff. Yeah, that sure helps kids learn.

Kid, 12 years old Written bylove78peace December 30, 2008

Pure garbage.

Dora shows kids talking animals, freaky trolls and monsters, bears, ect. Good thinking introducing witchcraft and monsters to little kids. And Dora doesnt teach spanish by saying something in Spanish and then not saying what it means. Show is not funny and gets old after two episodes. So, if you want your kids to watch an educational show, laugh a little and learn some spanish, your answer IS HANDY MANNY. That teaches Spanish and is GOOD for kids.

Kid, 11 years old Written byJoeJonasGurl4ever April 9, 2008

Bad Show!

Here are reasons you shoudent let ur children watch this show-
1. Dora screams at people, and tells people what to do. Exact opposite of what you want a young child to be learning.
2.Dora is not educational in any way what so ever! She cant teach spanish by saying 'bien!' or 'hola!' They include talking stars and animals, and rainclouds! Thats not right!
3. Dora likes to scare young viewers. My little cousin doesnt like this show because it includes an evil troll who tells dora 'im gonna get ya! Im gonna get ya!'
4. Last, but NOT least, they include stealing in every episode. From swiper the swiping fox, and from dora, who steals something from an enemy.

So parents, face it. Is this what you want your young children watching and learnig? Yelling, Screaming, being bossy,talking earth, scary trolls and thunder and bulls, and stealing? If your letting your kid watch this, go the other way, and watch Blues Clues!

Kid, 1 years old November 12, 2011

There is more examples about thieves then the four or five Spanish words she may teach your childre

Whereas. I enjoy the introduction to the Latin American culture as well as some basic spanish I do this this very limited and the shows other problems make o e that is not worth the time. It is very repetitive and there is little to display of good mora.l judgement by the car actors in the show. It is also disturbing that. One of the leading characters in show is named "Swiper" because he move the story along by stealing something. Any multilingual benefits that could be gained are done so. After watching five or less shows and there are certainly better avenues available in other media that would a much better job.

Bootom line all the stealing and swindling thrown ino the storyline are enough for my kids to have no interest in the program or any of the hundreds of product that her team. Have put her face on. She also yells stamps and jumps for what she was and encourages young children to do the same,

Adult Written bycraftymom April 9, 2008

over-commercialized junk

this show stinks. the barrage of products that follows it baffle me, as the show has horribly lame stories (even for the youngest ages), and my 3-yr-old finds it boring. The talking-at-the-screen doesn't make my child respond, and the random espanol-dropping doesn't make this bad lip-synch animation educational--it is simply aimed to trick parents into believing it is. don't waste your "two hours or less per day" of viewing time on this unimaginative and boring show. Watch something with creativity, imagination, and great music, like the Backyardigans.

Adult Written byouarda April 9, 2008

In the Final Analysis -- A Winner!

My only objections to this show are that it is loud and sometimes repetitive. But the good outweighs the bad by a landslide.

My daughters, age 5 and 3, adore Dora, not to mention her sidekick, Boots the monkey. She is a true female hero, but the show is equally appealing to boys.
Dora is super bright, very kind, and her bilingualism is done in a manner that shows respect for the fact that not everybody speaks the same language. At a very young age, the Spanish/English dialogue exposes children to another language as well as the Spanish culture. Her manners are impeccable and she always finds a way to solve every problem. All the characters on this show are lovable. The video game format is fine for the computer age in which we live.

An excellent show!

Kid, 10 years old Written byLyra_and_Pan April 9, 2008

Kid, 9 years old August 30, 2011

Educational, but new episodes are boring.

It is so boring. My sister AGREES! Don't watch this show, well, i prefer the 90's episodes. After about 2004 (when Face the Nick Jr. mascot left) it got extremely boring (even Blue's Clues got boring!). They should take this off, and they should re-run the 1998-2004 episodes.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 October 5, 2010

Educational show about Spanish and Problem Solving

Because of my age, my review probably doesn't really help since the show's aimed at toddlers. But I do think it's good how they try to teach kids stuff like. I do find Dora annoying at times, but that doesn't give anyone a reason to lie and say that Dora is innapropriate. Same thing with Barney.

Kid, 10 years old Written byEricaKnowsBest:) August 10, 2011

Its ok... A bit over - reacted.

It is a bit over the top educational... the time I watched this untill I was 4 I just got annoyed of her voice .. but it is still a good show just a bit you know, wanna get babies to REALLYYYY go to college u know what im sayin lol..