All member reviews for Doug

Low-key '90s cartoon has good lessons for grade-schoolers.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMillyMolly September 5, 2011

Funny funny

I used to love this so much :)

Kid, 12 years old Written byapoloto October 2, 2011

Fairly good.

I think it's pretty good. Thought it's not as fast paced as most cartoons today, if kids give it a chance they will probably be entertained. I would have to say, though, that some times it can get pretty weird, but nothing compared to OTHER shows...*coughcoughfanboyandchumchumcoughcough* Ther also are some pretty good messages throughout, and sometimes it even is pretty funny!

Kid, 12 years old Written bySam M. October 3, 2011

Doug's Review Is No Funnie Business

Not a very good Nick show, but one of the loudest and proudest classics. It used to be my favorite show for at least a week's worth of time, then all the bad came in and my original thoughts of it fizzled away. Kids may not be concerned for its common silly surnames (Funnie, Mayonnaise, Klotz), but it's also taking time to reference shows and such at will. Maybe this should be accepted while still being a little half-baked.

Parent of a 5, 6, 7, 10, 10, and 17 year old Written byCharlie The Cat December 17, 2011

Parent Written byKeikoMamma10 November 18, 2011

Loved as a kid, Adore as an adult.

I love Doug. It is easy to relate to Doug's character. Doug is in middle school, so younger children may not be able to relate to Doug as well as older children. It may be a little boring to anyone under 7. Still, the show is entertaining and cute.

Adult Written byChuck Reid March 16, 2012

This show rocked!

Doug was an AWESOME show! It is funny and edacational.I don't know why the heck they canceled it.BUT,there are reruns on a block on TeenNick called The 90s Are All That.So watch today!

Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2012

not the best 90's show

nickelodeon in the 90's was number 1 ot of all networks

Adult Written byAl Jackson April 14, 2012

I love this show!

This is one of the best shows on Nickelodeon.Its really funny AND edecational.Just like "Hey Arnold".I love that show too.

Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 18, 2012

This was a great show.

THIS SHOW WAS AWESOME! The jokes were funny and it even teaches kids lessons!

Teen, 17 years old Written byibarncat April 9, 2012

"Low-key" Well no wonder I think this show is bad

I cannot believe that nostalgics like this show so much. It is boring and totally pointless. It is about a regular kid with a very, very, very, very, VERY bland appearance who does very bland things. He is so bland that he is the only white-skinned person in a world where apparently every single race has a wildly different colour. This show was basically about nothing. It could have worked, but the writing was too much out of key. The pacing was wrong, the character attributes were wrong, the animation is worse than anything from its era except Rugrats, the entire show is wrong. There might be a low relatability factor that I'm missing, but considering that I'm a guy who loves As Told By Ginger, something clearly went very wrong with this show even if that was the case.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySockyChibi<3 August 11, 2012

Very on for kids

I think this show has some teachable moments, especially during the time periods where something in Doug's life happens. Like, when Doug finds out that Skeeter is "moving", and when Doug moves to Bluffington and writes in his journal. Very safe for kids. I definitely recommend it:)

Parent Written byTheEvaluator August 28, 2013

Visually bland?

Hardly. Maybe if your idea of "not bland" is drawings on a mathematical grid and garish digital paint. Doug's hand-painted settings have an ambiance that is unmatched.

The show can be watched by all ages, but it works better for kids in the "tween" age group, as that's the demo most of the subject matter would be most likely to appeal to (as well as adults, in a Wonder Years retrospective sense). One half-episode deals with Doug getting annoyed with a 2nd grader following him around, until he blows up at him. Doug's in 6th grade and oftentimes acts more like a high schooler.

Teen, 17 years old Written byCarlTheCritic June 9, 2013

It was funny.

Awesome 90s Nicktoon. It was funny and had awesome lessons for grade-schoolers. I recommend Doug to anyone.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 11, 2013

:D LOL.

Doug is about a kid named Doug Funnie who feel uncomfortable in his new town (Bluffington) until he makes a new friend named Skeeter. Doug also has a dog named Porkchop. There is also a love interest (Patty Mayonaise) and a bully (Roger Klotz). This was a funny, enjoyable cartoon from the 90s.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperSonicSteve896 April 24, 2013

Great classic for kids and everyone else.

This review is going to be 2 salutes. Let's get started: This TV series is about a kid named Doug who hangs out with his blue best friend Skeeter. He has a crush on Patty Mayonaise. Doug also has a dog named Porkchop. Doug meets lots of people. Sadly, he is always bullied by Roger. I thought this was an excellent nicktoon from the 90s. It was funny and has great lessons for little kids. The thing that sickens me is that kids today are being introduced to idiotic crap like Barney, Dinosaur Train, Teletubbies and other crappy shows. Like I said before, anyone can watch this cartoon. It was kind of like Hey Arnold. I block all the shows I hate and watch the ones I love, such as Doug. This show gets 5 stars. SALUTE 2: I remember watching this show on Snick (an old block that I LOVED). Doug is about a kid named Doug Funnie who lives in a town named Bluffington. He befreinds another kid named Skeeter Valentine. Doug also has a dog named Porkchop. Of course, there is a love interest (Patty Mayonaise) and a bully (Roger Klotz). I think this cartoon was awesome. Kids these days are being exposed to idiotic crap like Dinosaur Train, Teletubbies, Barney, and other bad shows. Doug is perfect for EVERYONE. Anyways, I'd like to reward this show with 5 stars.

Teen, 15 years old Written byGateswing_Guy March 12, 2013

Great for kids and everyone else!

I grew up watching this show. Did you know it was the first Nicktoon EVER? I loved Doug so much! It had funny jokes, interesting characters, ect. PERFECT NICKTOON!

Written byAnonymous November 29, 2012

This show wins for kids.

Tell your 6+ too watch this show.

Kid, 12 years old Written bySamuel M. September 12, 2012

Doug: Great to laugh and learn

Not only is Doug funny for its stereotypical "school" scenario, but it also has very important messages you should apply in life. Valuing friendships, relying on family, and wanting something big but being happy with something small, etc. And it's also pretty dang funny, too; it's got lots of cheesy slapstick (applied with those timeless self-made sound effects), and it's also got the heroism of Doug's comic stars like Quailman & Quaildog, The Chameleon, etc. Who can say no to that? In the end, Doug scores gold on what matters most: the laughs, the excitements, and the messages.