All member reviews for Gossip Girl

Over-the-top teen soap mixes backstabbing with drugs, sex.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybodly November 30, 2009

I'm sorry, but this website is beginning to bother me a little. I feel REALLY bad for the kids whose parents make these reviews.Seriously, you don't think your kids already know about drugs and sex? Really? Okay, I wouldn't have anybody under 14 watching this, but beyond that, they SHOULD have enough morals to know that certain thi ngs aren't right, but it is good to expose them a little to the rest of the world beyond Mommy's doorstep. Lots of people with sheltered lives resent their parents for it and later go completely wild...so maybe "everything in moderation" IS good.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTaylor U.E.S. July 2, 2009

It's Up To You Parents

I loovvveee Gossip Girl and its even cooler for my friends & I because they shoot in our neighborhood (which is actually kind of annoying if ure trying to find a cab at 8am) and in our schools sometimes. But, some aspects of the show are pretty unrealistic like the amount of freedom the characters have, like i have a credit card but if I go over my set budget it gets taken away, oh yea and in the show they wear boots and high heels to school...i wish it was like that in real life but their not allowed at most private schools :( but kids are that abrasive in real life prep school. Anyway if u let your kid watch this show you should remind them its sort of unrealistic and that only a selected few get to live like that yadayadayada.. but over all the show is super entertaining and has a really big influence on kids, remember that. Its not like u can really control if your kids watch it due to internet and monday nights when your not there so you should make sure your kids understand the difference between Gossip Girl and real life, you could even show them other reviews of kids saying how the show isn't very realistic if they are not processing what you tell them.

Adult Written byangelfire87 January 10, 2011

No Redeeming Qualities

There really aren't any redeeming qualities to this show. It's a show glamorizing teenage sex with multiple partners, drug use, under age drinking, backstabbing, and gossip.

Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bytwoboys9899 April 9, 2008

As an adult - I was entertained

This was decent entertainment for an adult. I would be horrified if my teenager watched this. The show is young beautiful hight school students with unlimited funds, no curfew and little parental involvement. It reminds me of the movie Cruel Intentions (which I loved). You forget you are watching high school students.

Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008

kids drink and drug and have sex with designer labels

Do we need this? I know people are saying this is a guilty pleasure but what is so pleasurable about watching kids who, if they were ours, we would be weeping over? Is there one parent on earth who wants to have such shallow, ill behaved selfish kids? yuck. It's another question entirely why we as an audience like to watch this stuff.

Teen, 15 years old Written byLanvin December 4, 2010

Not for kids

This a good show, but I would only reccomend it for teenagers who have a sense of who they are and can easily seperate right from wrong. I would reccomend it for 15 years and over. I began watching when I was about to turn 16, and there were no new concepts for me. The sex scenes aren't really sex scenes as such, usually just what I would consider making out. I've seen worse at underage nightclubs.
Overall, it needs a mature viewer and it should only be watched by people who are 15s and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byjennyhumphery October 13, 2009

I started watching Gossip Girl at 10 yrs. old

When I was in the 5th grade Gossip Girl aired . At the time I didn't know about sex or condoms but once I started watching I learned so much. Once at school I got behavior clinic for talking about it . Parents I love it but I highly recommend it for teens not young ones . Don't let them find out about sex to early or their teacher will probably do what they did to me!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byAceJournalist May 21, 2011

My favorite show!

Okay, so this isn't something that's going to teach kids. Teens can watch this because even pg-13 movies now are a bit iffy and the crime shows are just bad (but I love them anyway).
I think Blair Waldorf is a great role model- she goes after what she wants, she has amazing style, and for a little bit she balanced an editor-and-chief position and schoolwork as a full-time Columbia student.

Adult Written bycadiomals August 15, 2011

Know your kids

The best thing to do when it comes to this show is: know your kids. If they are easily influenced by media images, this is definitely not for them. However, if they are old enough and mature enough to know that there's some bad stuff to be found in this show and not to follow it, it could just be harmless fun for them.

Teen, 15 years old Written byballetcorbyn May 21, 2011

Gossip Girl do make alot of things look glamorous, unprotected sex, drinking and alot of things. the viewers should be able to tell right from wrong. Besides it is mostly about fashion and this group of friends and someone called Gossip Girl. If your having mixed feelings watch it for yourself and go from there

Teen, 16 years old Written byCourtney_Bass October 2, 2009

greeaaattt

the best tv show out there. the cw did good when they made this show. yeah, there is alot of sex, drugs, and drinking but what show now-a-days doesn't have that? gossip girl is awsome. i love chuck bass(:

Adult Written bykcande April 9, 2008

just a bunch of lost kids

Parent of a 2 year old Written bylynzie2106 September 21, 2009

I think its fine for children 16+, yes it has some sexual tention.refrences to drugs, ect. but what 16 year old doesnt know about these things.
Its not promoting anything of the sort though, it shows kids who are rich and live certain life styles and what the consequences are. Some of the charcters are bratty and backstab each other over rumors, ect, again something thats not a good message, its entertainment, i suggest 16+ with parent supervision as well as a talk after the shows about what happened. I think this show is a chance to get close with your teen and have them trust you.

Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2011

NOT for kids, this show shouldent even be alive.

Too much bad stuff. I would recommend this stupid show for adults, but NOT to kids. Seriously, CW?!?! *turns on seinfeld*

Teen, 15 years old Written bytori_dawson May 14, 2011

Questionable for anybody under age 14

Ehhh....the show's promos are a lot worse than the show itself.

i've been watching it For all the seasons its been on and honestly the show is stupid. I hate it with a passion BUT it comes on after 90210 and I can't help but watch it because it's so stupid it's good.

Plot lines are awful, the acting is decent but the show is way too unrealistic.

And seriously...WHAT IS THE POINT OF GOSSIP GIRL? They are no longer in High school and are like 20 by now. Time to grow up and stop watching some stalker's post about your everyday lives

Teen, 17 years old Written bycullengirl88 July 5, 2009

Great TV show full of drama, romance, and friendship.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymegan094eva June 27, 2009

First series amazing, second one not so.

Love this series, it rocks!
I think that it is entirely suitable for 15 and above, although unless a mature 14 year old I wouldn't recommend it. The first series is really good although it implies sex, shows people making out, shows people cheating on one an other, shows people smoking and drinking.

Teen, 16 years old Written byveils July 10, 2011

GG

Honestly I started watching this show when I was 12 and I think it's one's own decision to decide what to watch. At the time I felt like I was mature enough to understand the themes and know that what the characters are doing is completely wrong and unrealistic. People have to understand that the show is good for ENTERTAINMENT and the show is not meaningful, deep, intense, etc. Of course it's not for kids but if they already know about sex, drinking, and all that then let them watch. You can't hold them back from the world. The first two seasons were really good and then the story line got boring, predictable and for college students they're idiotic. One thing that ticks me off is the acceptance rate in the show. Serena (Lively) gets into an Yale, Columbia, etc but she got kicked out of school, never did any extracurriculars. It just disgusts me that in the real world people work their butts off to get there.

Parent Written bywaterboom June 30, 2011

62% say they noticed product placement
59% say violence is an issue
waterboom waterboomgajahmungkur

Teen, 15 years old Written bybeachbabe0224 June 27, 2011

Great Show, but is very unrealistic

I just started watching gossip girl after reading many of the books and I think the show is as good as the books!!! I am absolutely addicted to this show and it is a great series to watch. The only thing is that the characters live in an over-privledged worlds, and it is easy to get caught up in all the luxeries and designer clothes they have. After watching the show I felt myself wishing I could live a life like that, but then I realized it is fiction and no matter how good their lives look, they are really not that great. I plan to keep watching this show and learning that live is not always like how they portray it on the show.