All member reviews for Naruto

Popular anime series has lots of fights, strong characters.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysportgamer April 9, 2008

This show is Perfectly Appropriate

First of all, I am a complete expert on everything on this show and I think people are completely exagerating on their reviews. It's is appropriate as long as the child has a brain. Nobody on this show says a bad word even once(trust me. I've seen every single episode). Sure there is blood, but very little. Only a couple drops of it at most. When Naruto transforms into the girl, you see NO NUDITY AT ALL!It is completely appropriate. There is a lot of violence, I'll admit that,but I don't see why that would be inaproppriate. As for the kiss Sasuke and Naruto share: it was an accident. One kid pushed naruto and he falls over. Besides they don't show the kiss. You just hear a smooch noise. One thing that is innapropriate is that Jiraiya, Naruto's later sensei, is a total pervert(he is proud of it,too). He constantly searches for young woman and goes crazy one he sees any. He also isn't shy to expose Naruto to it. He is also the author of an adult book that Naruto's first sensei always reads.But they never expose the readings of the book. It has a very insperational theme. The story is about a boy who had no friends or family and that was a no talent and who turned nothing into something. he is always improving, implying you can do anything if you try hard. For kids, this show is awesome. It's entertaining,sad,funny,action-filled, and it's full of suspense. Everyone should see watch this show.

Teen, 14 years old Written byGaara-Kazekage May 1, 2011

Well, I think it's clear that 'I' like the show..

Honestly, I just picked back up on watching it, (a few years back I watched it- and Gaara was 'still' my favorite character). The character development is pretty strong, they have complex emotions and some have very horrible back stories. For younger kids, the fights and the way some characters look might be a little scary- hense it being PG. A few people die here and there- blood is shown, and fights take forever at times- and believe me I hate long fight scenes. There is language at times, and the 'sexy jutsu' -(Naruto turns into a naked woman) made me almost loose my lunch. Even though these things are in the negetive lighting- and will stay there- there are so many good things about the show that I'm willing to dismiss those. The friendship/respect and loyalty the characters have for eachother is insperational. Bad characters change heart due to understanding, (like Gaara changed due to Naruto understanding him), before that, Gaara was a killing machine, keeping to his motto 'love only yourself'. Even, he is willing to kill his siblings if they stay in his way. Naruto made him see the light- those kind of transformations are something you don't always see in shows.
I agree with AnimeFreak200, though. A very overrated show.

Teen, 14 years old Written byturyalkhan September 29, 2011

Naruto Mostly Ok

Everything in the series is mostly ok.But at certain time times Naruto becomes a nude lady which is quite disturbing for the young viewers and there is a lot of violence as well.But,on the other hand it teaches teamwork and believing in yourself.

Kid, 11 years old Written byKonatabangbang May 28, 2010

I. Absolutely love this show. It tells me, that anything is possible if I put my mind into it. I watched this when I was very young, and it has influenced me ever since. The fighting may be an issue for younger kids, but, if everyone in the world would take time to watch this, it could changed the world. This anime, is about a boy with a monster trapped inside him. Everyone shunned him, but he found someone that acknowledged him, and he was top ninja. This anime is a true classic, and there will never be an anime that will be as life changing as this. There are many kids that are in the position of being "hated" and this, will change their life. Please take time to watch this, and don't judge it by the first few episodes. This show has absolutely brought me to tears.

Kid, 10 years old Written byLord Zuko April 14, 2010

Great show, a couple of faults

Hello I'm new. to common sense.I love Naruto. I've watched it since I was seven. The animation is great and the fight scenes are epics and exciting. There are couple of things to look out for though. First DO NOT watch episode 140 if you are under age 13. Second, the episodes tend to have to have large amount of blood in all the fights so be careful. Third, they never cuss in Naruto until they get around episode 190 where they use minor bad words but it is still unnecessary. And lastly, there is a character named Jiraya who is a pervert and does it repeatedly so watch out for that too. Overall, Naruto is a great show and I highly recommend it.

Kid, 11 years old Written byWC34ME April 9, 2008

this show rox

this is mi 3rd favorite show. so wat there blood its still PG i mean mi friend is 5 and hes watches it every time!!!

Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byVeryProudParent June 6, 2011

A great anime.

My 8-year-old son and I watch this every Saturday when it airs on Disney XD. I used to watch this with my 13-year-old son, but he doesn't watch it anymore (he instead watches Kekkaishi and others).

Adult Written byNeyer November 15, 2010

This show is great for older children.

Positives include role models who help Naruto and his classmates believe in themselves and work extra hard to become stronger, faster and smart. There are good messages in the show including the occasional attempt of the main characters to try and convert an evil enemy to a good ally.
Ultimately the show is very violent and, in the end, violence is the only answer this show gives to solve problems. The majority of this violence ends in ultimate sacrifices while characters try and protect their friends and families and, unlike Dragonball Z, there is no way to bring them back. It shows mourning for lost shinobi and when someone particularly close to Naruto dies it shows the steps he takes to overcome his sorrow and keep moving forward.
In the unedited version there are copious amounts of blood, smoking and alcohol, the latter two occur rather frequently just before the end of this series and the beginning of Shippuden. The versions shown on tv have the majority of this edited out.
There are some sexual areas in the series. Early on the majority of this type of behavior comes from Naruto and his Sexy Jutsu (in which he becomes a naked, well-endowed female) and his target's perverse reactions to the jutsu (usually excessive nosebleeding which indicates dirty thoughts). Sakura also has her fair share of flirty moments in the beginning during her constant vies for Sasuke's attention. She stares at him dreamily and daydreams about him and how cute he is. Both of these things fade into the background as the show progresses and becomes more plot-oriented.

Kid, 12 years old Written bydestinyisme July 16, 2010

Cool Show

Don't know why everyone hates it. I think its really cool and funny.. some of the morals are stupid, but I still think its awesome. ^.^

Kid, 11 years old Written bySasuke_Sakura May 14, 2011

I like it cant you tell

if you cant tell i love this show, the fighting is wicked and their is a lot of blood. there is little sexuality other than sexy jutsu and pervy sage.

Adult Written bygood father who... May 3, 2010

Naruto, the truth behind the facts

Okay, I am a huge fan of Naruto, and have seen every episode, in Japanese and English, in Japan it's up to a part 2 after a time skip of 3 years and everyone is 3 years older, nonetheless, the review:

As the show is aired on Cartoon Network I'd give it 10+, but the fact is it is extremely edited from the original Japanese version, the Japanese version used words such as "shit" "damn" "bastard" an awful lot, and the violence was much bloodier, that is why there are Naruto Uncut box sets, which many collector's and kids probably want, be careful, the English version of these is fine, with cursing such as "crap" or "damn", but the violence raises it to Viz's T+ rating (16+), and part 2 of naruto is being released in a year, and that is after the time skip, which is much bloodier, sexual, and using more cursing then many shows on adult swim, Part 2 is planned to be aired on adult swim as TV-14 for a reason, it's scary as well, as the akatsuki members consist of a Grim Reaper, a man made of dead bodies sewn together, a man who turned himself into a living puppet along with thousands of others by removing their organs, etc. Be careful

But it is a great anime, great plot, America did some terrible dubs, I recommend the Japanese version for the more mature kids, I've seen the uncut in Japanese and every episode, and I believe it's a terrific anime, thumbs up

Teen, 13 years old Written byMiwa-Sempai June 13, 2009

A Great Anime That Gradually Gets More Mature

Let's get one thing straight. The main character, Naruto, is stupid. It's the secondary characters that keep me hooked.
I give it a 12+ rating. The English version has a lot of censors. There is MILD blood. Almost NO LANGUAGE. The only innapropriate things are the sexual themes. Naruto's mentor frequently spies on women, earning him the nickname "Pervy Sage". Sometimes those women are naked (though it doesn't show) or bikini-clad. Plus, Naruto himself is somewhat perverted. He invents a technique called the "Sexy Jutsu" that allows him to turn into a naked woman. (It's all covered up by clouds.) Sometimes he hangs all over men in naked woman form.
The second season of Naruto called "Shippuden" is a LOT more violent and touches really deep themes of revenge, hatred, war, pain, and loss. This season hasn't been aired in America yet but can be watched with subtitles (it's in Japanese) on the Naruto website. Plus, these episodes are uncut, meaning that all the blood and gore is left in, most of the sexual themes (worse than the censored version), and some swearing (not all, because in the Japanese version the f-word is used A LOT, and they cut this out even in the uncut). Plus, in Shippuden there is an immortal man who worships a fictatious god and makes sacrifices to him (while cursing a lot and taking his own god's name in vain every three seconds). In conclusion, the regular, censored Naruto that airs on television is fine, but keep anyone under twelve away from the second series.
Naruto is very popular, but a lot of it is fan hype. I love it, but it's not my favorite anime. Some of the plot twists are downright ridiculous. But still, five stars! :P

Kid, 11 years old Written bywildninjagoman June 22, 2011

Naruto-good or bad

Well if you like ninjas this is your show. Some episodes on season 1 can be innapropriate like episode 2 and a couple more. But if you want to watch the fights and stuff like that but dont want to watch the iffy stuff and your young start at episode 4 and skip episode 52 and so on. Then start at 60 or 59 i cant remember also dont watch episode 140. You can thats your choice but i recomend it.

Teen, 15 years old Written by££££ September 17, 2009

Japanese for teens america for tweens

The English TV version is RUBBISH in my opinion. The Japanese version is a lot better but not briliant. The manga however is brilliant. Back to the English anime Naruto - it's child friendly since it's been edited by the 4kids entertainment company and it has friendly characters who unite to fight the common enemy. Watch it if you are 10 or up. Now for the Japanese subed version - it still has friendly characters but has some swearing, a lot more violence and blood which makes it alot more real. Watch it if your 13 and up. The manga is the best of them all as it's a bit more mature than the anime and should be read by all.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne February 27, 2011

Er, no thanks...

I tried it... didn't care for it. Being a fan of magical girl anime, I found the animation to be very disturbing at times and the episode space to be wasted on dramatic looks and overly long fight scenes.

Kid, 8 years old March 28, 2010

Show's fine

The show is fine, it also teaches karate skills.

Adult Written byjoshuaryung January 11, 2009

This is a very good kid show but if u want a more adult show watch naruto shippuden

Adult Written byHyperX December 1, 2008

Appropriate for Preteens

This show has just about no bad language, and the only thing I'm not sure I like is all the violence. However, in comparison to the Japanese version, this show is really toned down. It's really suitable for anyone above 10.

Teen, 15 years old Written byEddie_m April 2, 2010

best show EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Teen, 13 years old Written byGerald Stepp February 26, 2012

My Review is in the link

Click