All member reviews for Rescue Me

Complex, mature show isn't meant for younger viewers.

Adult Written byThatKrazyGuy March 29, 2010

FX Strikes Gold Again!

Rescue Me is rated TV-MA for strong crude language, strong sexual content including nudity, and some violence.

Kid, 12 years old Written byEvil_Kenny April 9, 2008

Adult Written byRickyLoyola April 25, 2010

Could be a promising parent child conversation starter

I wish there was an easy way to rate this but there isnt... I am a twenty one year old college student who began watching this show with my parents from the moment it came on the air. My family unlike many others is brutally honest and open (that is what you get for being half italian half redneck). My father was a fireman and i obviously idolized the man i was named for, so watching this show gave me a way to be closer to him. The language in the show is often crass and rude but is used most often to either deliver the message or to gain a laugh. Despite the shows graphic sex scenes (graphic for standard cable) and violent moment, it offers something most TV shows are too afraid to deliver, REALISM. This show covers everything from discovering sexuality (the probie's homosexual experimentation), respecting sexuality (the captain's son being openly gay), alcoholism (Tommy), adultery (Tommy), loss (every cast member), and so on.
This show can be an amazing talking point IF, and I mean IF parents are willing to sit down and talk to their children about the show. The topics are virtually limitless and present the parents an easy opening to possibly difficult conversations to have.
My recommendation is that parents take the time to consider this as a show to watch with their children at around age 14+. Especially because this is the age at about when most kids will be personally introduced to most if not all of these topics in the real world, if they havent been already.

Kid, 9 years old Written bycritic07 April 30, 2009

rescue me review by critic07

It's a creepy show it's really bad. It's O.K., i think if you like really brutal show's you'd love it!

Adult Written byjoplincat April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old Written byScream June 19, 2009

Interesting.

Nothing really bad in this show. Some Cursing, but not constant. Discussion of sex.

Adult Written byJRCrews20 June 21, 2012

Great show, not for kids

Despite the inappropriate content for most kids, the show has probably the best storyline of any modern TV show I have seen. Dennis Leary did a fantastic job portraying a firefighter with a troubled life.

Adult Written byRavenFilmsAndReviews November 26, 2012

Appropriate for older teens or adults

Parents should know that the firefighters in this show are very human and the situations they face are ones that can affect everyone. Although the are unflinching in their word choices and their dependence on alcohol and drugs and sex they are a team who are devoted to each other. They tend to have very frank discussions regarding their sex lifes and frequent arguements erupt between the characters. They all seem to suffer from PTSD as a result of 9/11. Tommy, the main character, seems to have the most issues and several times over the series he is faced with an unimaginable tragedy. He relies on alcohol throughout most of it and very rarely deals with his issues and showing emotion. There are many adult themes that the show deals with including, but not limited to suicide, alcholism, drug addictions, depression, adultery, divorce, murder etc.

These things along with the characters reactions to their personal issues, especially 9/11, can be discussed with kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJoshTheFifthBeatle November 26, 2012

Amazing show, utterly realistic.

Despite popular opinion, this show is full of positive messages and role-models! The consequences of Tommy's drinking, cheating, and everything in between is showed off at full-force and allows viewers to see repercussions for their actions. Mickey, Lou, most certainly Franco, and even Tommy are positive role models whom are human, whom just make mistakes. The violence is all out, no one is sparred; fights, guns, and of course fires. Sex is dealt in an abundant supply and is necessary to show what people really think about, it's just sex, our bodies were made for it! Swearing may raise flags for some, but this is how people talk, get over yourselves. This is the most realistic dialogue I've ever heard in film or television. Drinking, smoking, and drugs play a big part in the show, most notably drinking because it's Tommy's vice. He's a recovering-sometimes relapsing-alcoholic and this is what helps him through the many, many heart-ships he faces through-out the series. One of the greatest shows to be produced.