Parent reviews for Wizards of Waverly Place

Wizards of Waverly Place Poster Image

TV-Y7

This show is pretty good. This show includes sexual stuff like kisses and flirting between boys and girls. The violence includes mild peril and occasional wizard battles.

1 person found this helpful.

Typical Disney - lots of crushes, teen romance, jokes at the parents expense.

The writing and acting on this show are better than average for Disney TV. This makes all of the offensive content somewhat palatable for an audience capable of understanding that they shouldn't necessarily emulate the behavior that gets laughs on the show.

1 person found this helpful.

I loved it as a kid

I grew up watching wiazards, suite life, Hannah Montana and Lizzie McGuire and I loved all of them almost equally. I must’ve been around 9 when it first came out and I loved all the characters and the show. Sure alex is lazy and a bit mischievous but at the end of the day she ends up doing the right thing (usually). she’s not a bad person as some other reviewers have said. People are complex and multifaceted. Though I loved her character I never once strived to imitate or be like her. I think what’s important is that you teach your kids that these shows are fantasy and that they should never try to be like anyone else. I’ve always gotten great grades in school despite loving Alex’s character on the show. I suppose while some kids are easily influenced not all are. Teach your kid what’s important and know them well enough to see if watching this show will be good for them or not.

It's funny

Out of all the TV shows my son makes me watch, this is the most enjoyable. It's actually very funny and I like magical aspects. It's all very innocent and I would definitely recommend it for any kids, tweens and teens.

Great Show

This is a good show better than some other things ( Hannah Montana )

This show is BRILLIANT

Selena Gomez makes this show with her portrayed character Alex. She is snarky and believable, but not in an inappropriate or nasty way. She does things she shouldn't and faces consequences for her choices. This is a great way for kids to learn what not to do without doing it themselves, which is the argument Socrates had against Plato for the value of theater. This is a perfect example of that brought down to an appropriate level for children. Art, fantasy, and imagination are explored with the fantasy magical theme. Moral is at the essence of every show. There is no obvious political agenda. I would have changed out some of the actors and actresses for this one. Not the protagonists, but some of the secondary characters rills were not matched with talent they should have set a higher standard for. Felt a littke like nepostism, or laziness. Cutting corners. Other than that, I would reccomend this show to anyone.

OK for kids

Obvious Harry Potter/Bewitched copy, and they even acknowledge it. Series finale was a bit disappointing, but the Harry Potter spoofs are the best I've ever seen. A little corny, but sweet.