All member reviews for World's Strictest Parents

Unruly teens get an eye-opening reality check.

Kid, 12 years old Written byxBVBxARMYx December 11, 2010

Good

This show-I have only seen it once- is very good. I have not seen it since, but I think it is a good message about respect toward adult figures in your life. I would have teens 13+ watch it. At about this age- but maybe a little younger- teens start to dissrespect their parents a little more. This show will show you how easily a family can get ripped apart by disrespect. But it also shows how hard it is to you've started. Whether it is just dissobaying common rules or bigger acts of dissrespect. Overall a good show.
-katherine

Kid, 11 years old Written bykaytopian July 23, 2009

ok for tweens

I do think that it has some iffy stuff such as lanuage but it really does teach kids that its wrong to drink, smoke, do drugs and give in to peer pressure. if i was a parent i probably wouldnt let my 10 year old watch it but if they were older and more mature then why not?

Parent of an infant, 10, and 15 year old Written byygonzalez May 9, 2009

A little too much

I believe there's too much drama to actually believe these kids are taking it serious, I don't believe phycological issues and drug problems can be solved in 1 week..where are the parents during these sessions? if these issues started at home shouldn't the parents also be accountable for their kids and involved in this whole experience, do they really think sending their kids off to live total strangers for a week especially not being professional phycologist or therapist will solve their issues at home? Another thing that bothered me was that these so called strict parents (some not all) talk negatively about the biological parents, I don't know about those parents but that would really set me off, how will that help these kids? who do these people think they are to make themselves look like their teaching lessons and then they are speaking negatively about the kids parents.

Parent of a 14 year old Written byPhyles November 14, 2009

Finally, a show unlike the Supernanny show which doesn't show good role models from early on. I think this show is very good, because despite the fact that I have three daughters, one has been doing more than her share at times, the other has some limitations due to mild disability and always helped out until lately when her sister (middle child) set HORRIBLE example, is lazy, disrespectful, rude, not willing to keep house rules, and expects life to hand her everything on a silver platter, she's become a gold digger and equates love with money. I have done my level best to provide nice things for her, basic things and beyond that to ensure her happiness. She breaks promises (ex. for years said she wanted a dog and would do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING for it, but now does less than 1% for the dog because "she has a life and is busy"....soon I will put dog up for adoption if she continues doing nothing for it). I seriously would like to have her on the show, but she is 18, and not sure if it's too late, but I'm so drained, like a sponge that is saturated with her, cannot take anymore of her backtalk, laziness, freshness, etc. I get whiplash with her moodiness. I seriously want her to come to terms with how much hurt she has inflicted on her family for so many years. This show has definitely made me realize that parents have to become stricter. I do try to set rules and give chores, but need more consequences when they aren't done. I'm tired of confrontations, trying to get her counseling was a horrible experience as she freaked out on my daughter and I bigtime. She's impossible and I have become so distraught with what to do with her. Can't stand her under my own roof anymore. I loved her so much, but now, I don't know what I feel, except alot of anger towards her for all the damage that she has done and continues to do. Any suggestions would surely be appreciated.

Adult Written byRikkiAustin December 27, 2010

Good for all ages

I think this is a great show for both parents, teens and even little ones. Parents can see what works for the Strict family vs. what they may not be doing and can learn from it. Teens can see that although they think discipline is pointless or "stupid", it is very constructive for them... you can tell that teens actually crave discipline and structure. They are always happy and satisfied after their "punishments", they strive to do better. Little ones could watch with their parents and see/discuss what happens if they choose to be bad, to avoid that form of behavior from the get go.
I'm 23 and I think it's a great show to watch by myself or with my family. I'm very grateful my mother raised me the proper way. She could be on the show!
I'd like to see some "later on" episodes of the teenagers; if they changed at home and the difference since their experience. Or if they went back to their old ways. I'm curious to see how they're doing.
Overall, World's Strictest Parents isn't just an enlightening television program, it's a great learning experience for everyone, for both the families and the viewers at home.

Adult Written bylobokoa June 9, 2009

Not in a week

My wife and I have been foster parents for 20+ years and we have even found one week to be enough time to turn teens the way this show does. We have always used the same positive techniques but it takes months to years to make a behavioral change like that. I do feel that the show is a positive step forward for most viewers. We take in teens that have been sexually, physical, emotionally abused for years, I would like to see your view on those teens.

Kid, 12 years old Written byPinkgirl13 May 26, 2009

Personally I like this show. It deals with important issues that teenage america is exposed to on a daily basis!

Teen, 13 years old Written byJessy girl November 23, 2009

My opinon

I think its good because it shows and tells our kids what can happen when they get older

Teen, 15 years old Written byacarigua1 October 27, 2009

me molesta q no sean justos

mi pregunta es porque si los padres son tan estrictos acerca de un pirsin porque su hija si puede tenerlos en la oreja y la muchacha q es su hija por la semana no?

Adult Written byparententhusiast November 5, 2009

Good show, great website!

I saw World's Strictest Parents for the first time a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty good. I thought the show had some valuable insight and tools for parents who may be struggling in their relationships with their teenage kids. Upon furthur research, I discovered their website, www.cmtworldsstrictestparents.com. I think it's a wonderful source for parents and teens alike, as it light-hearted and fun, but also a great resource for parenting tips and advice. And as a bonus: you can take a poll on the website and you're automatically entered into a cash prize sweepstakes!

Adult Written byPPAMom July 2, 2009

Great show for parents

It's a good show for parents to watch, not really for kids. I would like to see how these kids are doing a month or two after the fact. It really needs to be a show for parents of the kids rather than the kids. It's all in the parenting people!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byink January 24, 2010
Adult Written byhumanforsale October 12, 2009

After watching one episode where the kids are made to cut grass in the rain, paint a utility shed in the rain. It is sad that a parent would put their children let alone someone elses child in a situaltion that is dangerious, or idiotic situations.

Who paints in the rain? plus it is dangerous to cut grass in the rain. I will not watch this show again because i dont believe it is a quality show that exemplifies the qualities of a good parent. It seem that this particular parent was more of a slave driver or master or the plantation.

Aside form the matter or religion, forcing a person to attend church is violation of their religious views.

Adult Written bypuddysgirl June 7, 2009

A little over the top

I have no kids. But one episode reminded me of a new manager we just got at work. She was on our case immediately. and it didn't work. Like my manager these parents were on these kids case from the word go. " Hi, we are the parents, you are problem kids and if you back talk, I will take away your make-up". I too would have back talked, gone against their rules simply because they sounded "so tough" it was laughable. Yes these kids needed boundries. Yes they needed rules. But, one episode....Your hair isn't pulled back...when you are eating...". Come on, pick your battles. That was a joke. No smoking in the house or property, fine. These parents were controlling. They are running a military base. They were pretending they were doing the strictness for the kids when in all reality they were doing it for themselves. You could see it in their eyes. Defy me and that's it..... you are in trouble.

Adult Written byLoving Nanni February 17, 2010

Every aga can benefit!

I love this show! It's actually given me the courage to be a parent and not a friend! I believe my children will benefit as a result of me watching this show. I see that children DO want boundaries and a close relationship with their parents.

Teen, 15 years old Written by6018189105 July 6, 2009

not for under 15

love it

Parent of a 6, 7, 9, 9, 11, and 16 year old Written byteresa74 October 17, 2009

i like it but it still did not help my 16 year old to behave i need her to get on it

Parent of a 3, 5, 8, 10, and 11 year old Written bysamhighley June 12, 2010

off 1+ iffy 3+ on 6+

Kids need to see the real world, not the world modified into rainbows, or the way you show it to them.

Parent Written bytonibarone1 October 15, 2011

just my opinion

i think it is a very good show and shows kids there really is consequenses for everything you do,and if we can get help for them while they are little it may save them from getting worse when they are older.

Teen, 13 years old Written byvsquadcheer July 24, 2009

very good messages at the end of show

its very thought provoking, so i think it would be very good for kids to watch. especially ones who dont behave or are rowdy etc... it shows that, though they may not change once home, that they may think more about their actions and how it affects others