All member reviews for Hoodwinked

Red Riding Hood redo; bland with a bit of fun.

Parent of a 5 and 5 year old Written bymdpack September 30, 2010

Good family fun with catchy songs

There is a lot of mention of coffee, and at the end the squirrel even drinks a whole cup and gets a coffee high. This may be an issue for you if you don't drink coffee in your house or you don't want young kids to think it's cool.

Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byfierceshopper March 25, 2011

My boys and I loved it from age 6 on up (to 11 and counting).

I think the way CS describes the cheating, violence etc is way off base. I just loved this movie, and my sons did too. They are now 8 & 11, but have seen it a few times over the last several years, so I'd say it's fine for age 5 and up. The writing is smart, funny and quick and we all enjoyed the way the Roshomon-like storytelling comes together at the end. Really clever and fun.

Teen, 16 years old Written bypiebloxxerpie June 25, 2011

AWESOME

Funny movie, still watch it.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicjesusfreak January 8, 2011

Laugh out loud funny, great for everyone. A must see.

Alright, Common Sense (unlike normal) just didn't get it with this one this one. There is one questionably violent scene of Red falling out of a cable car, but she lands on the ground unscathed. Other violence includes some (big bad stupid) people getting beat up, an avalanche, snowballs, and some dynamite blowing up. Also, on a (rather wild) train ride, the train track (which we later learn was blown up by the dynamite), suddenly stops, and the mining car flies off it, but everyone is O.K. (Trust me on this one. If I told you what happened, I would spoil two of the biggest laughs in the movie). On that, "Hoodwinked" Is one of the funniest, smartest, and all around best movies I have ever seen. It is especially funny, (like, fall out of your chair, laugh out loud funny), and is a must see for all families. Adults will enjoy it just as much as kids, so if you are planning a family movie night soon, make this the movie. If you aren't, plan one and watch this movie. Enjoy!

Kid, 11 years old Written byMiranda Cosgrov... April 29, 2011

Too Violent, 2nd hoodwinked is better.

This one is very violent but it is pretty interesting, but boring. The 2nd one is better!

Teen, 14 years old Written byHannahBanana01 July 23, 2010

I LOVED IT! i remember when it first came out i wound just watchi it over and over again in my room, its really funny in my opinion for anyone, my grandparents whatched it and loved it!!!

Adult Written bycissykay April 9, 2008

Funny twist on a classic fairy tale!

This film explores different perspectives of the same story by showing showing what REALLY happens to each character. My 4 year old was a little scared on some of the more harrowing scenes on our first viewing. This has since become his favorite movie and laughs in all the right places. This film is a great way to look at the concept of perspective and point of view. This kind of reminds me of "The True Story of the Three Little Pigs" by Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny June 5, 2011

Classic fairy tale twist...

Ignore CommonSense's review, this was a great movie! First of all, I know the animation may have been lacking and, overall, wasn't the greatest. Yeah, it might've needed some tweaking, but to tell you the truth, the graphics and animation don't really matter, as long as the movie has a unique story and keeps you in your seat. I have to say, the story was just awesome. It starts out with Red Riding Hood riding to grandma's house, which is basically the same beginning of the original story. However, it takes a twist and each of the characters (Wolf, Granny, and the others) are interviewed by police officers, in order to hear each side of the story. If not a memorable movie, it still had memorable songs. This was really worth the watch.

Kid, 12 years old Written byuhya November 24, 2010

if you have little kids, they're gonna love this

Kid, 10 years old Written byjdog200 July 13, 2010

Perfect for all ages

I really don't care what other people think about this movie....IT WAS THE BEST!!!!! every thing really fits in like when the track was broken when red (the little girl) was on it and they flew in the air and the grandma was really abouve her when she said use the coat .... if you haden't seen the movie you probably and you are reading this, you probably have no clue of what i'm talking about ... BUT It'S STILL THE BEST MOVE THERE IS (right after dispicable me cuz that movie was the number 1)

Adult Written byWonderfulTonight September 5, 2009

very clever

Very fun and funny movie!

Kid, 11 years old Written bySamuel M. October 31, 2011

hoodwinked rocks in a good--and bad way

One of my favorite fairy-tale-remaking movies I've ever seen since the Shrek series. It may be an action-packed comedy, but it's a heartfelt one at its core. Kids may not be likely to appeal to the sight of being trapped in a brake-less and dynamite-filled cable car, or an explosion or old-schooled martial arts movie fighting, including the Matrix bicycle kick. It's also a very funny one with lots of addicting songs, such as "Great Big Wood" (my personal favorite), "Red Is Blue" (the sad song), and "Be Prepared". A movie I suggest that you see although it does crack up with blandness at times, and one I feel sorry that it got a terrible sequel.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJaydaBanana September 4, 2011

Good, but there were some annoying parts

I liked it and the story was fine, but no one seems to think Red overreacted a little when she found out her granny's real identity? Like, really. You are a little girl! You are not going to get out of the woods on your own! Stop being so sensitive and wait until you can handle yourself.

Kid, 12 years old Written byFluttershy-23 December 1, 2011

I loved this movie

The common sense review was not at all true. This movie and great and deserves a 5-star, not a 2-star. A lot of times Common Sense Media gives bad reviews and make movies sound bad like on Kirby Right Back At Ya. The reviews give out more helpful information. :)

Teen, 14 years old Written byCodemaster August 29, 2011

An awesome movie!

A great movie, even for a person my age! Combines Mystery with Action in this movie that is a bit childish, but still just as fun! Has a few good morals (good triumphs over evil, never trust a bunny, Dynamite isn't pronounced DEE-Nah-Mee-teh, etc.) Overall, a great movie!

Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 April 12, 2011

Funny

It wasn't hilarious, but it was funny. It's a retelling of Red Riding Hood, but it's not like story except for the characters' name. The violence is only comical.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymyself April 9, 2008

UUGH

That was the worst movie ever! I thought i was going to die! I was so bored and just when it finally started coming together IT WAS OVER!!!!! I would disuade anybody who was thinking about wasting their money on this show at all.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAuboisAcadiaStudios September 5, 2011

twist on a fairy tale

i loved this movie since it came out. it's a little violent, but it's a twist on a fairy tale and kids will love it

Teen, 14 years old Written byMerlinFan August 28, 2011

Adorable Family Film! <3

This movie was adorable! I saw it when I was about 12, and I thought it was so cute! The characters are witty and fun. It's a great kids movie for the whole family to enjoy, and you WILL enjoy it!

Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne April 30, 2011

My mom hated it, I, on the other hand, liked it.

It was so much better than I was expecting. She bought it for me one day (she knows how immature I am), but I didn't pick it up until 2 years later when I was bored enough to check it out. At first, I found the animation to be a bit annoying, but you get used to it towards the middle of the movie.

All I have to say is that it is very unique and weird. Wouldn't recommend watching it if you don't like crazy comedy.

They're making a second one? ...Oh my gosh.