All member reviews for 10 Things I Hate About You

High school-set comedy raises important issues for teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byhannahns94 August 18, 2009

Great Teen Show

Kat isn't afraid to be herself, no matter what others say.

Teen, 14 years old Written byjustLoviNickJonas October 18, 2009

A funny teen show!

This is a fun show for teens 13 and up.
Bianca is a social butterfly and will do anything to be popular. Kat, her older and strongminded older sister is very different. She has very strong opinions, and is strong minded. The show features some swears, b----,a--,crap,sucks but the language is better in the show than the movie. Also, some kissing, but most of the content is high school humor and sexually. They also talk about sex. The girls father is very overprotective which can be good or bad.
Overall, 10 things I hate about you is a funny show for teens 13-14 and up.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymanda17 July 23, 2009

Maybe not for your child

There are some things that may be inappropriate, but of course, your kids probably have heard everything used before if they're 12. It's much more appropriate than the movie, but has crude humor.

Kid, 11 years old Written byJbobsession11 July 30, 2009

Tween show

I do agree with some people that somethings they say are a little bad but a child about 9 has probably heard things in school already so it's not a big deal if they were to watch the show cuz their not making a big deal about it in the show.It's high school stuff.And when children get older they will hear this kind of stuff.

Kid, 11 years old Written byBluePanda October 13, 2009

Good for tweens and up, not for younger childeren

I think I've seen a clip of it where Kat was drunk, I don't think that's very good, the sexual stuff seems ok, girls get pregnant, (it was their choice to do that), and people kiss all the time.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byravereviews August 3, 2010

good for teens, not for kids!

Not a bad show, but it is definitely not for young kids! Only kids over the age of 14 should be allowed to watch for sexual references and other thematic elements.
It is based off the Heath Ledger movie with the same name, which is an adaptation of shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew.
It is humorous, and can be used to teach teens about how to make good/bad decisions about dating/parties/drinking, etc.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byYus The Bus August 12, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written bynadiasexiibaby123 August 12, 2009

I love it!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byAliie.marie_96 November 25, 2009

amazing showw, teaches teens what they need to know.

by 13 which i am your child most likely knows what everything is . and you cant blame tv. their friends are some what the blame. in my opinion this show just teaches you how to deal with it. im 13 a teen i need to know what to do when im not ready for a relationship and what to tell a guy when im not trying to hurt him. or how to talk to my parents about things. by the way ever heard of pg13 . yes well this hsow is basically pg13 and i think teens starting at 13 should be allowed to whatch it . by the way my mother whatches it with me . every new episodee . she loves it!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byheymondayfan July 13, 2009

love the movie, love the show!

this show is hilarious! i love that they used people who can actually ACT for once. im going to high school soon and i think it shows the social structure, but the cheesy thing is how the head cheerleader is the most popular girl in school which isn't always the case. its a classic stereotype. i like how bianca shows her insecurities, a problem for incoming freshmen, and how kat stands her ground. the only problems anyone would have is cussing which isnt that bad. and the part where the teacher gives in to chastity's bickering is pathetic too. but other than that it is a fantastic show!

Kid, 10 years old Written bybeccster49 July 15, 2009

love the show!

Kid, 12 years old Written bymanooo_manooo August 12, 2009

great Show!

i love this show!
But their are some bad stuff sexual reference etc.
But it still rocks!

Teen, 13 years old Written bygreenactress July 9, 2009

Anyone could see this!

If this was a movie it would be PG-13, which pretty much every 10 year old would still go see, and sense it's on T.V. they will. And no one will stop them most likely, but luckily this show is fine and you are in no danger with your kids. It has some inappropriate content here and there but it's subtle and not a big deal at all. It's mostly comedy and for some stupid laughs, i like it, it's not amazing but it's not bad in anyway or form, i've also seen the movie, and the movie is way worse than this show, this might actually be PG if it was a movie, so calm down, let your kids watch it,there is nothing on this show that they wouldn't see or hear anywhere else in their daily lifes.

Kid, 10 years old Written byBarbiPiXi July 30, 2009

For mature tweens and teens

I am 10 years old and I love this show! Yes, there are some sexual references and drinking but that's what kids that age do! And for once it's real, unlike High School Musical which is so cheesy and stupid!

Parent of a 14 and 16 year old Written bydadoftwo May 20, 2010

Used to watch it, but just gave it up May 2010

My family with a 16 year old boy and 14 year old girl watched this show regularly. It was a little edgy sometimes, but we decided that it would provide a positive opportunity to discuss the bad choices that some characters were making. But the episode we just watched actually had one of the main characters going to a clinic with her soon to be partner to test for STDs before they had sex. They discussed the number of partners they had already had, and made it seem like the more the better. While they end up arguing just before consummating the relationship, it was still shocking to see them planning this up to the point of laying in the back of a van half dressed. In the same episode, they have a boy announce that he is gay.

Teen, 16 years old Written bytaymomsenfan April 7, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written byiluvmyipod July 23, 2009

Great show

I love this show. Kat is a great role model who shows that you don't have to be popular in high school to be happy. When you watch this show it just makes you smile no matter what. I totally admire it

Kid, 12 years old Written bydasiygirl18 August 24, 2009

Depends.

I like the show. They do have somethings that aren't okay for younger kids to hear but that depeneds on the kids watching the show and how they can handle it. They do show how to handle some problems well and how growing up really is now a days.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymichelle1999 April 24, 2012

AMAZING!

it is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!
no sex scenes are shown as such but discussions about it do tend to pop up

Teen, 15 years old Written bysnowtree10 February 24, 2012

Good for teens

I really like this show! There are some inappropriate scenes and references but nothing that a 14 year old probably doesn't know about already. I wouldn't recommend this for younger kids because I think they should learn about everything in an educational environment not a show that makes everything look amazing. This is a really funny show with funny characters. I recommend this for teens : )