All member reviews for BrainPop

Videos and activities are fun, accurate, and valuable.

Learning(i)

Teen, 14 years old Written byHeretohelp26 January 15, 2013

Great site

I think it's a great learning site but sometimes they say the word "sex"

Kid, 12 years old Written bymrbright January 14, 2013

BrainPop!

I didn't know about BrainPop until I went to middle school. I instantly loved it. It's a really good website for learning. I don't have to pay for membership because my school has a login username and password which I can use anytime, anywhere. All my teachers use it everyday and it's fun. Tim and Moby are entertaining and even though Moby doesn't speak English, you can tell what he's saying because of Tim. There's a joke at the end of each video (but sometimes corny). There's a 9/11 video, but you get a warning that it contains harsh topics before you watch the actual video and you can choose not to. Everything Tim and Moby teach is very educational. There's also a gaming section, where users can play educational games. They're pretty fun. I recommend Argument Wars. It's really fun. Overall, this website is really fun and educational. You should definitely get a membership.

Kid, 12 years old Written bysilvonadux January 15, 2013

silvonadux

I used to homeschool with my mom and we found brainpop! This is a totally safe website that explanes ways to do math,(division, fractions, geometry, algebra, etc.) more stuff for school, (world studies, art, music, culture, science, computers, etc.) and even things in our everyday life! (bullying, internet safety, hobbies, puberty, health, athsma/ allergies,cyberbullying, etc. etc. etc.) some schools use them for examples sometimes! And they have little quizes and activities and even some humor in most of their videos. To make a long review short, I'd say that THIS IS THE ONLY SCHOOL THAT'S FUN!!!

Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2013

LEARNING

OK but the people just want money

Its THE best website for kids but the one problem is you need to pay about $12 for a WEEK of membership but overall its perfect for leaarning for your child

Kid, 9 years old January 16, 2013

LEARNING

Nice, but should be free for everyone

This website is awesome, but you have to buy a membership to unlock everything. However, you can play games for free, watch some videos, or get a 5 day free trial. 5 stars!

Educator Written byMsGage January 15, 2013

Great Website!

I love BrainPOP! It is fun and interactive and very informative, even for high schoolers. I highly recommend it!

Kid, 10 years old February 8, 2013

Thanks,Tim!

This site has everything.Its aimed towards 4th grade and up,so I think you should use brainpop jr if you have younger kids.I use the app and the games on the website all the time!(the app is $0.99)

Kid, 9 years old January 17, 2013

LEARNING

awesome ∞ ←→ (infinity) times!!!!!!!!

this is great for people who are homeschooled. math, health ,social studies,reading,science, language arts,and every day life

***brainpop jr+brainpop+brainpop esl***

Parent of a 9 year old Written bysinglemomofdom March 3, 2013

My 9 year old son loves brain pop

We discovered Brain Pop only in the last month. My 9 year old will watch videos for Language arts,math,science,history, and PE. He loves it and it makes even those most boring language fun. He only watches videos when scheduled for a certain area he is working on through virtual/homeschooling. It helps him learn, but he watches it more for the fun characters.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBluesky123 March 21, 2013

Great for Learning!

This website is great for learning! The videos are very helpful. The way Tim explains stuff is easy for kids and teens to understand. It isn't complicated. Plus the end of each video usually includes some humor, so that will draw kids in. I recommend this for ages 8 and up.

Kid, 9 years old October 13, 2013

Fun But Needs Fee For Full Access

Brainpop is really fun for a learning website. There is a brainpop jr for smaller kids and focuses on different stuff. but for full access you need to pay i think (but i can not remember exactly) 6.99 in US dollars. there are different subjects (math,health,reading,etc.) some videos are serious like the 9/11 video but before the video plays it shows a warning messege to watch with a adult and talk about it. there is also an app for it. other cool stuff like quizzes,other facts etc. in all a cool website but you need to pay real money for all videos. =)

Teen, 15 years old Written byBionic Reviewer March 10, 2014

Helpful Educational Video Site

Brainpop is a learning resource meant for students. It has videos on most subjects (math, science, technology, history, etc). These videos are short and cute animations, lasting 4-10 minutes with an optional page of information on the topic.

Violence/Scariness: History is full of this, and so Brainpop fulfills its duty to go over them. However, these are still cartoonish animations, not live action, and real imagery is never used. That said, it does cover topics such as WWII, 9/11, the Civil War, and various other violent tragedies. Like I said, though, this is of no fault of Brainpop itself. If your kid wants to watch a video on topics such as that, make sure he/she is mature enough that you would feel comfortable explaining the matter yourself.

Sexy Stuff: As Commonsense said, they do cover puberty and reproductive organs. However, there is no graphic content (obviously). If you feel comfortable letting your child learn about this topic, watch it with them and go over it if you feel the need.

Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: Some episodes cover addiction and drugs, and go over the effects of alcohol and such on people.

Conclusion: Like any website, some parents will want to stay with their children as they use it. It is a learning tool, so don't classify it as inappropriate as Commonsense seems to have. It's a great tool, and might encourage reluctant students to learn.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySW209 February 26, 2014

This is a great website

Parent of a 9 year old Written bybronster February 11, 2014

LEARNING

Just be careful when you subscribe

While I think that this is a great educational tool, I would like to warn parents that this website has several portals which can be confusing when you log on. We had a lot of trouble logging in until we found out that we were somehow trying to log in to the educator site vs. the student site. Not sure how this happened, but it was frustrating.
BrainPop is also not very accommodating. We had not used the site for 3 months because I did not know that my daughter was having trouble logging in. They were not willing to give us any additional time on our subscription...and I am sure that they could see on their end that we had not been on the site.
Anyway, all in all, it is a good website. Just wanted to make sure that others did not have the same trouble that we did.

Adult Written byGoldenElephant February 10, 2014

LEARNING

Looks old, content is fresh

I honestly logged on looking for an animation to explain some of the presidents to my kid, but the content was very hard to find. Once I did, most of it was unavailable since I don't have a subscription, which is frustrating. I think if there's going to be a subscription fee for a service it should at least be easy to find the content you're looking for.

Parent of a 2, 8, and 10 year old Written byhomeofplay October 15, 2013

Fun and educational

My daughters love Brainpop. They love Tim and Moby and the jokes at the end of each video. My older girls in fifth grade and third grade use this in school.

Teen, 17 years old Written byDoritos-6 September 7, 2013