Skip to main content
Our 10 Beliefs
- We believe in media sanity, not censorship.
- We believe that media has become "the other parent" in our kids' lives, powerfully affecting their social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development.
- We believe in teaching our kids to be savvy, respectful, and responsible media users. We can’t cover their eyes, but we can teach them to see.
- We believe parents should have a choice and a voice about the media our kids consume and create. Every family is different, but we all need to make informed choices.
- We believe that the price of free and open media is a bit of work for families. Parents need to know about the media their kids use and need to teach responsible behavior as well as manage overall media use.
- We believe that through informed decision-making, we can improve the media landscape one decision at a time.
- We believe appropriate regulations about right time, right place, and right manner exist. They need to be upheld by our elected and appointed leaders.
- We believe in age-appropriate media and that the media industry needs to act responsibly as it creates and markets content for each audience.
- We believe ratings systems should be independent and transparent for all media.
- We believe in diversity of programming and media ownership.