All of us deserve the right to privacy online and the opportunity to make informed choices about how our personal information is used and shared.
Young people are now the most tracked and surveilled generation, having lived their entire lives online. Kids' privacy is essential to their safety and well-being, which is why we advocate for comprehensive data privacy and security protections for all consumers, especially our kids.
Read more about why privacy matters for kids.
And read more about our comparisons of global privacy, platform accountability, and healthy design laws in our Global Policy Comparative Report 2021.
- Behavioral Advertising Harms Brief for Policymakers and Parents (March 2022)
- COPPA 2.0 Fact Sheet 2021
- Kids Act Fact Sheet 2021
- Coalition Urges Congress to Include Privacy Funding in Build Back Better (September 2021)
- Op-ed from Ariel Fox Johnson in the New York Daily News on 'Building a better internet for kids' (September 2021)
- Common Sense Media Advocates for 50% Increase in FTC Budget for 2022 (June 2021)
- AdTech and Kids: Behavioral Ads Need a Time-Out
- Safe and Secure VR: Policy Issues Impacting Kids' Use of Immersive Tech
- A Day In The Life: Your Privacy Matters
- Families’ Guide to Privacy Rights
- California Consumer Privacy Act: Do Not Sell Request Forms
- Kids' Privacy Zone
- Privacy Matters: Protecting Digital Privacy for Parents and Kids
- COPPA 2.0