Kid reviews for Pocket God

Torture and kill cartoon characters. Teens and up only.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 14 years old Written byBrainChild101 June 2, 2011

Fun Game, Just Not Right For Everyone

Pocket God is a game for the adventurous preteen (or teen, or, yes, adult) who would sometimes like to mess around with the lives of a few little guys who aren't going to fight back. Available on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Android, it provides a good way to waste the time away. While some may argue that the violence made easily available as a turn-off and pass the game off as torture, there are also funny and just plain wacky things the pygmies can do, not just kill. They can dance, fish, use the outhouse (door closed of course), belch, fix their hair, and perform for the engaged player. Kids can draw double rainbows, collect trophies in fun challenges, play minigames galore (including tie-ins from other popular apps Doodle Jump and the Moron Test), and even transform their pygmies into zombies and ghosts (all in a nonviolent fashion!) Pygmies are playful, adorable, and completely entertaining. All but one (Charlie, who turns into a tiger) get along in harmony, and even in death, there is no gore or blood, and let's face it, what is better entertainment than feeding a Pygmy to a shark or volcano or tornado or giant ape every once in a while? Pocket God is actually less violent than many other games geared at preteens. Not for the faint of heart, but Pocket God offers a world to explore for the fun-loving gamer, and at only $.99, Pocket God is affordable and provides hours of fun (at the expense of a few animated, lovable little cavemen).
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2011

BEST APP EVER CREATED!

Funny app! But if you make an earthquake and the people fall down the crack. They land in a lava place. So I think it's-- you know what I mean!

Kid, 11 years old June 7, 2010

:D

If you have an iphone or a ipod touch. You should totally get this. sure there is violence but its all very cartoony and nothing you should worry about
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

Common Sense has it wrong...

This app is great! You can drag you finger across the screen right under the cavemen to make them fall right through Hell. Then they are chased by lava. You can make own cartoons, play a remix of The Original 1981 Donkey Kong, and more!
Kid, 10 years old April 17, 2011

Great 4 ALL ages

This is a great app. I love it and play it ALL THE TIME! It's really addicting. I'd totally get it if I were you. Everything they say about it being too violent and it only being for teens, it's totally false. It's fine for younger kids.
Kid, 11 years old August 18, 2013

Um, CSM, I think you're wrong about this one...

Common Sense Media just has it wrong about the age and/or quality at times...and this? This is one of those times! This is a great app! You should get it! It seems as if CSM has only played that game 5 or 6 times...
Teen, 13 years old Written byChamo123 August 17, 2011

Pocket God, Pocket No-good... (See What I did there? LOL)

I think this game is not for younger children. This is a hilarious game, and my 9 year old brother loves this game! He loves the updates and knows all the tricks to it. When I first got the game, I was really surprised at how gruesome some of the clips are... I wouldn't introduce this to your younger siblings, but it may be fun for you! The game has parts where you rip Pygmy's apart or have monkeys pull the faces of the little men inside out. A little cruel, and not for the light-hearted...

Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2015

Not nice

This app encourages bullying: they make fun of nerds, "gingers" and old people. How can people rate this 5 stars because it is fun? Answer: They simply don't find emotional scars an issue as long as it is on others. If a whole app was created against you, how would you feel? Hated? Well, that is exactly how nerds and gingers (Elders probably won't care) would feel. The full review explains everything, so I am just sharing my opinion. I rated it iffy for teenagers because teens have been emulating what they see in technology. I did not leave out "Easy to play/use" in the "What should other families think about this?" because I dislike this game: you can easily do something you didn't mean to when you tap somewhere.

Teen, 13 years old Written by35 hockey January 4, 2011
Kid, 9 years old June 1, 2012

Pocket God by Bolt Creative, Inc.

Hi, this is GamerQuinn. I have to say, ONLY let 9 and up play this. It also kind of has the same type of Vi_l__c_ (kind of) in Portal 2, but this app is meant rated about e10+.

Ease of Play
Privacy & Safety
Kid, 10 years old January 2, 2012

Really csm

If they can understand it they can play it.
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2011

Cool game.

The only flaw in the game is that it gets boring, sometimes. The whole game is about violence, you being the god of the little pygmies. You can control them, mess with them, and play with them. Though it's not for little kids. You can buy stuff, but if you don't you can disable it in App Purchases. I haven't seen the pygmies swear, yet. It's safe. But there are so many ways to kill your pygmies. (Did I spell that right?)

Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2011
it's so funn to kill the machu pichu people or whatever they're called

Kid, 10 years old November 22, 2016

The game is violent but good!

OK, so there's violence. Who cares!? It's an amazing game! Pocket God is NOT rated 14+!! Pocket God is a game in which there is an island with pigmies on it. You can do whatever you want with the pigmies. You can kill them and torture them. But when you kill them, there's no blood. It includes stabbing, limbs getting bitten off, etc. But don't let that make you think it's not appropriate, it is. Trust me on this one. Please.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDrayoc December 13, 2011

Great, original game

A fun game where you mainly torture/kill pygmies. There is no blood however and is not very graphic.
Kid, 7 years old July 10, 2011

Funny game

hahaha! this a funny game you can kill the gods with unicorins ages 7+

Educational Value
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2011
It's hilarious, and the pygmies always come back, so you don't have to worry all that much.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydinopop956 July 23, 2012

YOURE SO CONSERVATIVE

what?! teens and up? its rated 9+ on apple store! YOUR SO UNUNDERSTANDING OF MODERN SOCIETY!!!!
Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2011

Awesome app

The thing with pocket god is you don't have to kill your pygmies you can be nice to them by saving them from the bird and the shark and feeding them etc it is a way to take out your feelings if you want to kill someone kill your pygmies and dont punch your sibling another thing is there are only six different pygmies they all come back after they die if you look under tribe stats you can see who is who how they are feeling what there position in the tribe is and how many times you have sacrificed them and how many times you have given them gifts younger kids just won't get the point even if they can figure out how to make things happen
Kid, 11 years old August 6, 2013

AWESOME! GET IT RIGHT NOW! ONLY 99 CENTS!

This is a game that changed my life. It all started when my cousin got the app herself. It interested me, and once I got this iPad, i got it, and right off the bat, I loved it! You can rename your Pygmies to any name you like, make your own cartoons, there's a remake of Donkey Kong you can even play! Plus the fact that if you drag your finger across the ground, it creates a hole, and the fall through that hole until they hit hell. Then they are chased by lava. Well, whaddaya waitin' for?! Get the game already!!