Kid reviews for 3 Willows

3 Willows Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

THE REVIEW

Once again, Ann Brashares has written a breathtaking story that will blow readers away and have them begging for more of Ama, Jo, and Polly. The main focus of 3 Willows is how three best friends have grown apart after four years of friendship and have fallen into different groups that don't involve the other two. Leaving them to wonder that even though they have been through so much together, do they really need each other again? As you can see, this is a big departure from Brashares The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants which focused on four girls who have been best friends since the womb. I really liked how 3 Willows was different in this aspect from the original Sisterhood because it was a interesting and cute storyline. Also, I felt that if it had been about a couple of best friends who have been with one another for forever I would have thought Ann was just trying to cash out the whole Sisterhood franchise and couldn't write anything else. One of my favorites parts on 3 Willows were Ama, Jo, and Polly. Ann proved that she can write likable and three-dimensional characters that I personally think most girls can relate to in many ways. Also, they were fun to read about and kept the pages turning. The only problem I had with 3 Willows was in the first 30 or so pages, the original Sisterhood was mentioned. It felt that Ann had kind of wanted to remind us that " I am still the author of the #1 bestselling Sisterhood series." Though, it was still kind of cool to hear how Lena, Bridget, Carmon, and Tibby were doing which overruled the annoying factor. Overall, 3 Willows was an excellent book that I suggest to people who loved The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series or anyone looking for a great read.

Great read for tweens!

decent read about friendship for young teens +. I don't think it's appropriate for tweens, unless you're a mature reader like me. A little bit of romance, not a lot.

I am a die-hard sisterhood fan so this book kind of annoyed me. These characters didn't have any of the same charm as Tibby, Lena, Bridget, or Carmen. I'm the same age but I couldn't really relate to any of the events in the story. I also thought that making out with a random stranger on the bus was pretty irrational behavior for 14 year olds, most of the people I know would never do that. It wasn't anything special really, but it wasn't too bad.

A Pretty Good Book

I did enjoy this book, but some parts were a little slow. The letters were all flashbacks and kind of confusing at times. Basically, if you can watch PG-13 movies, there won't be anything in this book you haven't seen or heard before.