Kid reviews for A Court of Mist and Fury: A Court of Thorns and Roses, Book 2

Dark faery romance sequel filled with sex, gore, magic.

Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2017

Amazing!

I am 11 and I adored this book.The sex was rather graphic, but the lovey dovey bits were really sweet and romantic.The main characters were willing to do anything for who they loved.
Kid, 12 years old September 22, 2016

MY FAVORITE BOOK EVERY

if you think your 15 year old can't read this because its to inappropriate chances are she/he have done worse so stop and let people read what they want

Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2019

NO ONE UNDER 15!

First up I just want to say that this book was incredible, but sex was disgusting. Feyre has sex with Tamlin within the first 20 pages, and then later on in the book she does it with Rhysand too. AND Feyre gives Rhys a bj which just should NOT be in any YA book. And Rhys licks Feyre everywhere. When I say everywhere I mean EVERYWHERE...even in her... And someone trys to grab Rhys' pe*is. It's just disgusting, but other than the sex I really like the book.

Teen, 16 years old Written by[email protected] June 7, 2016

16-17, disgustingly graphic

I have read other Sarah J. Maas books, and they are pretty tame. But upon reading the first book in this series I noticed and slight change, I didn't really mind, It wasn't that bad. But this second book was worse than GOT, and Commonsense gave that 17+. Feyre does it ALL with Rhysand, so I do not recommend your younger teenagers reading this. It made me uncomfortable and I am 15, the sex scences were frequent and lasted for chapters. It seemed as though the plot was an afterthought, it goes into graphic descriptions. This book is just not YA, and I was very disgusted by it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnimeBabe178 June 7, 2021

Sheeeesh :O

Great Plot!! I learned so many things, some of which were not the greatest but were still very helpful. The social dynamic was interesting like the ages and family trees. Also WINGSPAN. thank you for teaching the aspects of sex :)

Teen, 16 years old Written byElissia.rosie.may February 24, 2020

So riveting

Loved the character development SO MUCH! I- there are just no words, I fell in love with each character- their pain, struggle happiness was so exquisitely communicated. Her writing style is impeccable with her vivid imagery that paints incredible settings. The plot was intricate and had a satisfying twist- a must read!

Teen, 13 years old Written bymissblue2807 December 27, 2017

Violence and Sex Scenes: The Truth

ACOMAF is a book that really searches deep down and talks about some things that we don't see a lot of, and that a lot of people around the world suffer with on the inside. PTSD and depression. Now, I recommend this for mature teens because if you can't handle some of these scenes, then they can come out as "inappropriate" or "frightening" if not read with meaning. Even though this is fantasy, it really changed my perspective on a lot of things. Yes, there is violence. This is something we see in movies all the time, so quite frankly, I don't know why so many people are saying that this stuff is too inappropriate. We aren't watching this on a screen, so we all picture scenes in a book differently. Another thing is the sex content in this book. This is a fantasy romance, so you can definitely expect some things to happen. What I did was when I saw that there was a scene coming on, I would skip ahead to the point where it stopped and just kept reading. Scenes like these are most likely not going to give out any important information that we need to know in the future while reading. Again, this gets a lot of feedback from teens and parents, and I believe it depends on your comfort level. I haven't read the scenes (but I did kind of have to skim through it so I could see where they ended), but the concept is the same. Read at your own risk. Again, it's not like we're SEEING what is happening, it is just visualization. I'm not trying to blame parents and other teens about their opinions, that's what they think, but I think it is important to put out there that it's pretty easy to skip over a scene and be done with it. No big deal. For the parents out there that don't think they can trust their kids to take the initiative and skip over violent scenes or sex scenes, then that kid shouldn't be reading a mature book.

I definitely would rate this 6 stars if I could! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Teen, 14 years old Written byamelieteych_ July 20, 2019

Depends on the child.

I read A Court Of Mist and Fury when I was 12, and I was not 'mind-scarred' as some people are claiming their children will be if they reaad this book. Yes, there are sex scenes that are fairly graphic, but in the big scheme of things, the did not make up the majority of the story. Instead, it develops the world introduced in the first book, and continues to develop the plot. The relationships between characters, both romantically and platonically are well developed, and the protaginist, Feyre is a good role model for teen girls, as she cares for her loved ones, and stands up for herself. Sarah J Maas is an incredible writer and this book is no exception. You know your child, and their maturity levels, and if your child is relativly mature, they should be fine reading this as a young teen.

Kid, 12 years old September 29, 2017

AMAZING

I read this book at the age of 12, and it is amazing. I'm not insanely mature or stone cold like our dear Amren here, but it is fairly easy to handle the sex scenes, and even gush at them (they are so cute together). And the sex scenes do not overtake the plot. Are you crazy!!! Way more action than sex anyways. Think of it as a romantic action YA novel that tends to get a bit . . . handsy, for you people who say 16+. And think of Feyre's great message!! Girls should be empowered. That was the plot!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byabbie.hallc August 17, 2016

BEST. BOOK. EVER!

Ms. Maas builds her characters extraordinarily well and I was just blown away by this book. So much emotion and cleverly written sentences in this book, scenes making me cry and laugh at the same time. This may possibly be the best book I've ever read (trust me, I've read plenty!). So, for fantasy, awesome romance and adventure fans, this book is precisely what you need to distract you from the petty matters of reality. (Seriously, who doesn't need a break?!) Feyre is an amazing and strong protagonist, and I look forward to reading more about her and her adventures. While there is quite a lot of graphic scenes, they add to the appeal of this fabulous book. Everything tugged on my heartstrings, and I await with bated breath for the next installment in the series!

Another amazing point to add on to why this is a great book, is that it includes very real problems that teens and adults alike suffer from. Some of these problems include clinical depression, suicidal thoughts, relationship troubles, love-turned-wrong, and more. I highly recommend this book, though you must be mature (mentally).

This book is amazing and I recommend it to anyone that can read. :) Enjoy yourselves, and hopefully everyone cries as much as me in the end from all of the emotion! 10/10!

Teen, 13 years old Written byDuckyMcquack February 9, 2021

Amazing book!

Parents are acting as if children of this generation are not exposed to way more than we probably should be. Just skip chapter 55 if you have to. I read this when I was 11 and sure it’s gross but not traumatic. Also, I am firmly team Rhys! I like this book because you really get invested in the story and the characters. For example, my deep hatred for Tamlin is a sign that this book is engaging and it really makes you think.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPendantPants February 9, 2021

Great book, just a bit mature.

I think that this book is a great book, it is my favorite book series, and my favorite book in the series. I think that depending what you've been exposed to before makes the decision different, as I had read things much more graphic before I read this book, so it was not disturbing, but I would say that if you have never read something with graphic sex in it, then either know that this book does have graphic sex in it, or just don't read it. I love reading and writing romance stories, so this book was perfect for me, and I do not mind the graphic sex, but for some people it might be a bit much. Overall, decide yourself based on what you've read before.

Teen, 15 years old Written byfeyre darling January 27, 2021

LOVE

one of my favorite series! I love the characters and the banter. I have read this series over three times all the way through. There are two scenes that get pretty spic but they are easily skippable if necessary. Definitely would recommend.

Teen, 14 years old Written byRey21870 August 16, 2018

A Court of Mist and Fury

Acomaf is a book with an excellent story line. There is a little bit of violence but nothing too graphic. There are a few descriptive sex scenes that may not be appropriate for younger readers. There is lot of swearing from main characters and frequent profanities. For families concerned about drinking, there is a few scenes that involve characters getting drunk and main characters often gamble their money away.

Teen, 14 years old Written byfeyreherondalex February 21, 2018

Really depends on maturity level

I am 14 and really enjoyed this book, and I am certainly not “scarred for life” or anything like that. There was nothing in this book I did not understand, and think that it reallt depends on your level of understanding. If you are very conservative, then thats fine , but I think saying 18+ is a little OTT.

Teen, 15 years old Written by21CenturyTeen December 6, 2016

Depends on your maturity level

It was an amazing book. The plot was unique, action-filled, and an overall wonderful experience. The sex scenes were pretty graphic though. I personally didn't mind, and I know many teens nowadays have seen or read scenes just as bad or worse, so I just recommend viewer discretion. If you don't feel comfortable with reading descriptive sex scenes then I would advise you avoid this book.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAilisMMD November 14, 2016

The kids I babysit have read it!

This book is an amazing story about Feyre trying to save her land and a messed up love triangle between Rhysand, Feyre, and Tamlin (or so they think...) I love this book and I read it right when it came out (I was 16 then). All the kids I babysit have read it, and they love it. Most of these kids are 12, and one of them is even 11.
Let your kids read it! After they read the first book of course, it's amazing and they will love it.

Written byAnonymous October 22, 2016

This book is amazing

When it comes to books age rating is hard, many people can be more adult in their brain even though they are young. As for this book, there are detailed sex scenes and a large amount of violence, but i didn’t affect me. I have read books that I suppose is over my age, but if I feel uncomfortable then I would just stop the book and don’t finish it. But in this book there is great messages and a lot of great role models.
(spoiler alert) Many of the character has endured horrible things happen to them. For example, Rhysand, he was being held under the mountain, away from his friends. Plus, Amarantha sexually abuses him every night, and the night were he used to be free and be with his friends he had to "serve" her longer. But in the end of this book Rhysand has gotten over this and healed.
Feyre has had some stuff happen to her as well. She was in an abusive relationship, and she is still suffering from post-dramatic stress disorder. In the end she is healed and does not feel as much guilt as she did before, and she is happy in a new relationship (let’s ignore the last 50 or so pages).
Morigan, Rhysand cousin has also had a horrible past, so has Azriel and so has a lot of the other characters in this series. The importance of this is that they now have healed and are happy. It sends a message that you can heal when horrible stuff happens to you, you can get over it and live a happy life.
So even though there is a little sex, violence, swearing and drinking, is it not important that young adults can read and relate with characters and see that they healed, that they got out and that the reader can learn about this.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySw1mm1ng July 12, 2016
I thought this book was amazing and I never wanted to finish it. It does contain stronger language and more sexual scenes than the first book but I really can't wait for the final book. The book is about a human turned faerie called Feyre who is trying to figure out her new life whilst battling the guilt of what she had to do to free herself and the whole of Prythian from the evil queen Amarantha. The person she thought she loved (Tamlin) is suffering under the same guilt as her and becomes really protective of her so she goes to live with Rhysand the most powerful and 'dangerous' high Lord. Whilst living with him she finds out that they are 'mates' a bond stronger than any marriage. Together they find out that to save the world as they know it they have to battle Hybern and that Feyre is the only one who can stop them... A real page turner that I would recommend to anyone over 14. Go and buy it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bysolarviolet June 1, 2021

it's ok tbh

ok so i've heard lots of stuff abt this book and decided to give it a chance, and contrary to what ppl say, the sex scenes aren't even bad, like?? i don't understand pls what are they talking abt?? i'm pretty sure that ppl 12+ have read/seen worse stuff, alsoo don't tell your child to not read it, he/she/they WILL read it if you say that. any person above 10 can read it, millennials these days smh