Kid reviews for A Court of Mist and Fury: A Court of Thorns and Roses, Book 2

Dark faery romance sequel filled with sex, gore, magic.

Kid, 12 years old September 22, 2016

MY FAVORITE BOOK EVERY

if you think your 15 year old can't read this because its to inappropriate chances are she/he have done worse so stop and let people read what they want

Teen, 16 years old Written by[email protected] June 7, 2016

16-17, disgustingly graphic

I have read other Sarah J. Maas books, and they are pretty tame. But upon reading the first book in this series I noticed and slight change, I didn't really mind, It wasn't that bad. But this second book was worse than GOT, and Commonsense gave that 17+. Feyre does it ALL with Rhysand, so I do not recommend your younger teenagers reading this. It made me uncomfortable and I am 15, the sex scences were frequent and lasted for chapters. It seemed as though the plot was an afterthought, it goes into graphic descriptions. This book is just not YA, and I was very disgusted by it.
Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2017

Amazing!

I am 11 and I adored this book.The sex was rather graphic, but the lovey dovey bits were really sweet and romantic.The main characters were willing to do anything for who they loved.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySw1mm1ng July 12, 2016
I thought this book was amazing and I never wanted to finish it. It does contain stronger language and more sexual scenes than the first book but I really can't wait for the final book. The book is about a human turned faerie called Feyre who is trying to figure out her new life whilst battling the guilt of what she had to do to free herself and the whole of Prythian from the evil queen Amarantha. The person she thought she loved (Tamlin) is suffering under the same guilt as her and becomes really protective of her so she goes to live with Rhysand the most powerful and 'dangerous' high Lord. Whilst living with him she finds out that they are 'mates' a bond stronger than any marriage. Together they find out that to save the world as they know it they have to battle Hybern and that Feyre is the only one who can stop them... A real page turner that I would recommend to anyone over 14. Go and buy it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byabbie.hallc August 17, 2016

BEST. BOOK. EVER!

Ms. Maas builds her characters extraordinarily well and I was just blown away by this book. So much emotion and cleverly written sentences in this book, scenes making me cry and laugh at the same time. This may possibly be the best book I've ever read (trust me, I've read plenty!). So, for fantasy, awesome romance and adventure fans, this book is precisely what you need to distract you from the petty matters of reality. (Seriously, who doesn't need a break?!) Feyre is an amazing and strong protagonist, and I look forward to reading more about her and her adventures. While there is quite a lot of graphic scenes, they add to the appeal of this fabulous book. Everything tugged on my heartstrings, and I await with bated breath for the next installment in the series! Another amazing point to add on to why this is a great book, is that it includes very real problems that teens and adults alike suffer from. Some of these problems include clinical depression, suicidal thoughts, relationship troubles, love-turned-wrong, and more. I highly recommend this book, though you must be mature (mentally). This book is amazing and I recommend it to anyone that can read. :) Enjoy yourselves, and hopefully everyone cries as much as me in the end from all of the emotion! 10/10!

Teen, 15 years old Written by21CenturyTeen December 6, 2016

Depends on your maturity level

It was an amazing book. The plot was unique, action-filled, and an overall wonderful experience. The sex scenes were pretty graphic though. I personally didn't mind, and I know many teens nowadays have seen or read scenes just as bad or worse, so I just recommend viewer discretion. If you don't feel comfortable with reading descriptive sex scenes then I would advise you avoid this book.
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2017

ACOMAf

Okay so ACOMAf(A Court of Mist and Fury) wasn't bad. Some say it had too graphic sex, language, violence, but thats their opinion. Read the series yourself and rate it yourself. I would say its fine for mature people in general, I read it when i was eleven and It is so inspiring! If your kid/teen is wanting to read it, talk to them about what they know. I would totally suggest this book to everyone who loves sexy/violent/action/comedy books! SJM is the queen and you must bow down ;D

Teen, 14 years old Written bymackensiee February 26, 2017

Good Sequel

There were many sex scenes in this book. Many. There is a bit of information about relationships. The main character gets out of an unhealthy relationship. There is more empowerment of women than in the first book.

Teen, 17 years old Written byAilisMMD November 14, 2016

The kids I babysit have read it!

This book is an amazing story about Feyre trying to save her land and a messed up love triangle between Rhysand, Feyre, and Tamlin (or so they think...) I love this book and I read it right when it came out (I was 16 then). All the kids I babysit have read it, and they love it. Most of these kids are 12, and one of them is even 11. Let your kids read it! After they read the first book of course, it's amazing and they will love it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byToasterStroodles March 6, 2017

Steamy, but really amazing.

Look, all you 16 plus-ers! This sequel to a court of thorns and roses was effing amazing. People are raised differently, some kids know more about sex than others, but if you're being raised adequately than by 13 or 14 you should be aware of all the sex that goes on. Now, IF you have a weak stomach or look away during kisses in movies, than this is most certainly not the best choice. Sexy, violent, but a really amazing book that I recomend to all S.mass fans.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHanne2212 October 22, 2016

This book is amazing

When it comes to books age rating is hard, many people can be more adult in their brain even though they are young. As for this book, there are detailed sex scenes and a large amount of violence, but i didn’t affect me. I have read books that I suppose is over my age, but if I feel uncomfortable then I would just stop the book and don’t finish it. But in this book there is great messages and a lot of great role models. (spoiler alert) Many of the character has endured horrible things happen to them. For example, Rhysand, he was being held under the mountain, away from his friends. Plus, Amarantha sexually abuses him every night, and the night were he used to be free and be with his friends he had to "serve" her longer. But in the end of this book Rhysand has gotten over this and healed. Feyre has had some stuff happen to her as well. She was in an abusive relationship, and she is still suffering from post-dramatic stress disorder. In the end she is healed and does not feel as much guilt as she did before, and she is happy in a new relationship (let’s ignore the last 50 or so pages). Morigan, Rhysand cousin has also had a horrible past, so has Azriel and so has a lot of the other characters in this series. The importance of this is that they now have healed and are happy. It sends a message that you can heal when horrible stuff happens to you, you can get over it and live a happy life. So even though there is a little sex, violence, swearing and drinking, is it not important that young adults can read and relate with characters and see that they healed, that they got out and that the reader can learn about this.

Teen, 14 years old Written byfeyreherondalex February 21, 2018

Really depends on maturity level

I am 14 and really enjoyed this book, and I am certainly not “scarred for life” or anything like that. There was nothing in this book I did not understand, and think that it reallt depends on your level of understanding. If you are very conservative, then thats fine , but I think saying 18+ is a little OTT.

Teen, 16 years old Written byvictoriaro January 5, 2018

Not for younger teens.

Honestly, this depends on the individual. Many comment here about the graphic sex - though many YA books feel comfortable depicting graphic violence, and I personally don't see much of a difference. Society has made one acceptable and "natural" while the other is shown as taboo. I personally see no problem with the sex, if it is being read by mature teens on the older end of the spectrum. I am not going to pretend that this book did not go into extremely graphic depictions of sex with multiple individuals. I am 16, and reading this was a bit shocking, as I'd heard this series was YA. The first book did not raise my eyebrows, but the sequel was on a new level. Was it inappropriate for readers who have not yet entered high school? Definitely. To parents wondering whether or not their children should be allowed to read this book, I have this to say: if your child is mature and can handle strong depictions of both sex and violence, the story is brilliant and the writing is powerful. It truly was a wonderful book to read. It's up to you whether or not the activities within are appropriate or not. If you believe your child should not be exposed to the sex in these books, try talking to them about it first if they are hell bent on reading them. Overall, this book should be appropriate for sophomores in high school and beyond, enjoyable for all ages past, and classified more as NA (new adult) than as YA (young adult). Keep in mind, while many reviews focus solely on the sex and language (which is nothing worse than you hear in a high school hallway at any given time) the characters are compelling, the story works beautifully, and the messages within the writing are true to ones that can be used in a reader's life.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymagnus February 19, 2018

Graphic, but worth the read!

I love this book series!!! I finished the first book within a manner of days, I was so obsessed!! This book was actually my favorite of the series. Yes, this book was definitely graphic, more graphic than the first book. But in the end, it all comes down to the reader and how comfortable they are with it. I think if you're not comfortable with some sex, then avoid some parts of the book. But don't let the sex keep you from reading the series, because it's honestly so good. The characters are amazing, the plot line is captivating, and I swear you will not be able to put the book down!

Teen, 16 years old Written bybrieflytoostarfish October 23, 2017

YES you should read it!

I recently read this book and it is amazing. A very good continuation to the first one and it has easily become one of my favourite books. Yes the book contains swearing, violence and grafic sex, but I - a 16 year old - did not think that the book was in any way too vilent or grafic for someone my age. The book is a real page turner and I could not put it down. I would recomend it to anyone above the age of 15, but of course you can read it at a younger age if you feel mature enough.
Kid, 12 years old September 29, 2017

AMAZING

I read this book at the age of 12, and it is amazing. I'm not insanely mature or stone cold like our dear Amren here, but it is fairly easy to handle the sex scenes, and even gush at them (they are so cute together). And the sex scenes do not overtake the plot. Are you crazy!!! Way more action than sex anyways. Think of it as a romantic action YA novel that tends to get a bit . . . handsy, for you people who say 16+. And think of Feyre's great message!! Girls should be empowered. That was the plot!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byhbower16 December 10, 2018
Personally i loved this book series. They did have some scenes that were a lot but i already knew about that stuff so it want anything i didn't already know. Plus it was a big part of the theme with Feyre and Rhysands relationship.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPercyTheCat June 16, 2018

AWESOME! . . .But ask your parents first

Some parents will definitely not be happy with their children reading this, but if your parents give it a thumbs up, GO FOR IT!!!! This is an absolutely great book and... (SPOILER ALERT) You will grow to absolutely hate Tamlin the Tool but also pity him as he was only acting out of obsession whereas Rhys ( so hot! ) cares for Feyre a lot and would be sad but only wants her to be happy.

Teen, 16 years old Written byLydiaMae May 28, 2018

Do NOT give this to kids/teens

This book is NOT YA. Meaning it should not, under any circumstances, be given to children or teens below the age of 18. The sex in this book is too graphic and kinky--I can't even imagine adults reading this without feeling uncomfortable. Just no, reading at a young age is definitely not a good idea.

Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2017

My heart lies in this series

This series is the BEST. I know, there's a lot of sex, and many kids my age just can't handle it. Honestly–it didn't really bother me. I now even write fanfiction for this series and the Throne of Glass series.