All parent member reviews for Almost Alice

Parent Written byRob79 May 23, 2009

Alice Series

Because this series extends over such a long period of the main character's life, parents need to be cautious which book in the series their kids are reading and when. My 10-year-old daughter discovered the "prequel" books (when Alice is in elementary school)and liked them. I thought they were fine, but she quickly read along into the older Alice books and I was shocked to pick one up one day to discover Alice had turned 16 and was considering having sex with her boyfriend! Not a negative about the books themselves, but definitely something to be aware of if your child is preteen.
Adult Written bylaughingbear. July 18, 2009

:]

I liked it.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 15, 2012

almost alice

Families can talk about the pregnant teen in this book. What do you think of the way the author handled this plot point? Did it seem realistic to you? Parents may want to look at our advice for talking to kids about teen pregnancy for some ideas. Also, parents may want to talk about coming-of-age stories. What marks this book as part of that genre? Young Adult books have changed a lot in recent years -- but their characters still seem to be struggling with questions of their own identity. How would this book have been different if it had been written 20 years ago? How would it have been the same?