All parent member reviews for Anne of Green Gables

Adult Written bySherlockian February 1, 2014

Great for all ages!

This is a children's book but I read it, and its sequels a little later, when I was 15-17 and I must say it still had all the charm. It is incredibly well written and was very funny. I only wish I had discovered it earlier.
Educator and Parent of a 3, 5, and 7 year old Written byChristy4 August 22, 2012

Always a favorite

This was a childhood favorite of mine and I recently read it to my seven year old. She liked it and was able to relate to the many "scrapes" Anne gets into. The prose can be long-winded at times, and the vocabulary if pretty advanced, so for independent reading it would be better for middle school.
Educator and Parent Written byErica K. October 1, 2015

Anne of Green Gables

Valuable lessons learned in this book. Anne learns to become the greatest person she could be.She was very lucky to have many great role models. Despite her crazy imagination, she learns to form friendships with many people in her community. Even though she struggles with fitting in and "family" problems, she learns to express her emotions, and young girls can really connect with her. Anne of Green Gables in an adventurous, eventful, and entertaining novel.