Parent reviews for Anne of Green Gables

Anne of Green Gables Poster Image

Best book series out there

I started reading this series at about 8 years old. I watched the movies and Avonlea TV show before I could read. I would say that these books are appropriate from about 7 years old although they may be a bit challenging for the average reader until about 12. These are a great series to start reading to your child or reading with your child when they are interested in chapter books. There is nothing in this book that could be considered offensive. It has so many good morals in it. It shows a young girl who gets into trouble unintentionally despite her best efforts to be good. It’s hilarious and is relatable. It’s still my favorite series as a young adult

The Absolute Classic

This is a book that no child should miss out on. Anne is a character that portrays several good attributes, such as determination to reach goals, willingness to always help or undying and healthy positivity. Not only is the book an amazing learning tool for children, it is also a way of relaxing for parents. Especially if you have read this book in your childhood, the memories it might bring will be pleasant and funny. If you are interested in a longer review that gives tips on what messages to take from the book and apply to your life, feel free to visit our MagicShop website: https://magicshop.235.sk/en/anne-of-green-gables-l-m-montgomery/

Eleven-year-old Anne Shirley, adopted from an "orphan asylum," is quite talkative! She never seems to stop chatting, and has never said a prayer in her life. Her adopted mother, Marilla, quickly puts a stop to this and teaches Anne to be a proper lady.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE BOOK

This my favorite book! It has great characters I was so sad when I reached the end, it was so interesting! It’s also a very funny book Anne is a great character so are the others as well. Overall a great book 10/10

We all know that the story is good, but the language used is too advanced for younger readers. My 11 year old really struggled to understand the story as she didn't understand the words and their meanings.

Best for Middle School and up

I think this story is fine to read aloud to younger kids (age 9) but I remember reading and loving it in Middle and High School. The story covers Anne's life during adolescence and into young adulthood so the content and her experiences are going to be more relevant for older kids. Furthermore, in the Accelerated Reader program, this is book level 7.3 which puts it at a 7th grade reading level. An advanced reader at a younger age might enjoy this but I think it's a better fit for older kids.

Christina's Review

You are Anne Shirley, an orphan girl with no place to go and your foster parents are considering whether or not to keep you. What would you do? Well Anne is a pretty unique girl who has a huge imagination, and she was also smart but the only problem was that she would get caught up in her imagination and he foster mother Marilla did not like it, things had to be real life for Marilla not thoughts. Anne tries everything to stay with her only family, she hopes that they would want to keep her but the times she tried to help, something bad would happen on accident. Anne knew to always get up and try again so she did then it all payed off but if you want to know what pays off, then you will have to read the book since I wouldn't want to spoil it for you. That said, I really learned something. I would recommend this book to people who like poetry because there are really nice sayings in there that actually has good feeling. The poetry had me amazed and it made me feel what the character was feeling. Here is one of my favorite sentence of poetry," My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes."

A Classic for Good Reasons

I can see why so many tourists flock to Anne Shirley country year after year, she truly is an inspiring character - brains, wit, and a vast scope of imagination!