Kid reviews for Anne of Green Gables

Anne of Green Gables Poster Image

I must admit that this was actually a pretty good book. This characters were well developed, it was very well written, and the story was great!

Great Book with Awesome Message

Anne of Green Gables is a great book about a little girl struggling through her adoption and new family life. Although it was written in 1907 and is set in the 1890's, there are many moral values and life lessons that are still applicable. Not only does it give you an insight into what life was like before modern technology and culture, it also shows that a family doesn't have to be perfect and look a certain way. It also encourages people to use their imagination and be confident about their looks and personality. The only reason I put the age rating a little high is because of the wording. The long monologues given by Anne, as well as few pieces of the plot, could be a bit hard to follow. However, I would recommend this book and I will be continuing to read the series.

AmAziNg

This book is so whimsical and imaginative! I love that it made me use my imagination and inspired me to write more short stories!

Amazing book!

This is a great story, I highly recommend it! I have read the whole series, and I am in the middle of reading it again. Very, very good. It does have a lot of big words, so it is probably not best for younger kids. : ) Anne is super fun to read about, and you never know what kind of trouble she will get into next! : ) Matthew smokes sometimes, and Anne accidently makes Diana get drunk.

This book made me melt!

This is such an amazing book! I love the time that it was set in! The characters are so awesome, and I loved Anne's personality! I rate it 10+ because of some more old-fashioned words that younger kids might not understand, but it's definitely appropriate for kids of younger ages. The descriptions were my favorite part of this book. I could create a whole fandom over the descriptions on Avonlea! I want to live at Green Gables, and I think that anyone else who reads this book would. I can't wait to read the next book!

Pretty good!

Anne of Green Gables was a very fun book to read! I recommend being the age of 11 or up to fully understand the purity and jokes made in the book. Honestly, if a 9-year-old kid were to read it, they wouldn't understand how good the book really is! Keep in mind that this is just a recommendation. I would say that the BEAR MINIMUM age to read this book would be at 8. I really doubt they'd even enjoy it. Even if they DO enjoy the book, I really doubt they'd enjoy it to its full extent. Thank you for reading my review, Nyxrating

Relatable, Spunky, and Imaginative Classic

Let me be frank. I watched Anne With An E (the TV adaptation of this book) before I read the book. And I know some of you must be screaming at me right now... and yes, I must admit the most of the time the book is better. However, this wasn't the case for Anne of Green Gables. I know it's a classic. I know it's beloved. I know it was written in 1908 and thus has very little diversity and the like. This is why I like the TV show better-- it's much more relatable to what's going on in society today. But let's say I can't compare the book to the TV show. In that case, Anne of Green Gables is amazing! It's spunky and funny and relatable and tear-jerking in a way that spans generations. It must have made waves when it was published. What revolutionary ideas! How unusual! So I guess that's some of the charm of reading this book. Not to mention that L. M. Montgomery was a phenomenal writer. As a young writer myself, L. M. Montgomery has become a role model . That's how I found myself searching for more books by her. And that's how I found Emily Byrd Starr. Emily of New Moon, to be exact. She's everything Anne is and more. Many people say Anne is so relatable. And she is. In a way. But the thing is, later in the series, she starts to loose her spunk and ambition. And that hurts me. Where did the little girl we all know and love go? Emily, however, sticks with it. We see her evolve and change and grow. Both as a writer and as a person. A friend. And why am I writing this all here, you may ask. Because Emily and Anne have shifted and warped and become one in my brain. When I think of Anne, I think of Emily. I think of L.M. Montgomery. I think of what it means to be a writer. And I think of the same imagination and spunk and fire and spirit and emotion these two girls have. They are my friends and role models and family. So when you read Anne of Green Gables, give Emily a chance, too. That's all.

A classic

If someone was to ask me what one of the best parts of my childhood was, I'd say that 'Anne of Green Gables' was one of them. Imaginative and adventurous, full of friendships and heart-warming family moments, and a little romance. Very good literature. I couldn't get my hands on the whole series, I think I only managed to get the first two books in my school library. A must-read!

Definitely for little kids!

I know lots of people said it was for older kids, but personally I read this book when I was 8 or 9, and understood it. However, I was a more advanced reader, so if kids aren’t ready for this slower paced novel with bigger vocabulary, try something else or read it aloud as a family. Be ready to explain some of the bigger words! If your kid is more advanced then they can totally read it in 3rd grade or older, there’s nothing inappropriate and Anne teaches kids to learn from their mistakes (with a lot of laughs). Also, I suggest the 1986 Anne if Green Gables movie. Very good version of the book, the best in my opinion.

It’s A Classic For A Reason

Many people assume Anne of Green Gables is just a goody two shoes but she makes mistakes (a lot of them) and has flaws and is a truly relatable protagonist. It has incredible descriptions of nature and characters. This story deserves to be told. It’s pretty clean, but Anne goes through crushes and dramatic adventures like any teen.