All teen and kid member reviews for Anything But Typical

Teen, 15 years old Written bybookwormwriter August 21, 2011

Awesome Book

I loved this book! I can relate to Jason a lot, and I kept thinking, 'Exactly!' and 'I thought I was the only one!' I really liked this book. It was a lot better than some of Baskin's other books, and I will almost definitely read it again. I recommend it for kids 10 and up, because some younger kids have a hard time understanding autism, and it can kind of scare them sometimes. The only thing that I thought was kind of weird was that Jason told his friends that PheonixBird was his girlfriend, and she had never agreed to that. That would be kind of weird, if I were in her place, and I would get mad. Other than that, I really, really loved this book! Happy reading! :)
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2011

I had to do this for Summer reading... and liked it!

A very interesting story. It will help kids understand autism and how every has a different way of seeing the world. I put it a "on for 11 and up" because kids have to be mature enough to understand all of this. It also has a lot of good advice for writers. : D
Kid, 10 years old October 8, 2009

but I think its for 12 and up ages

great book!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymani1029 January 10, 2011
I Love this book because it teaches kids how to learn more about other kids around them and also in their life
Kid, 12 years old October 27, 2009

girls or boys will like it

This book was one of my favorites!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnnbelle May September 14, 2015

Amazing!

It is ALWAYS important to be teaching kids about the themes and issues that arise in this book - I read this book in 2 hours and it is inspirational. If you enjoyed "Wonder" then I would definitely recommend this book, as they have many aspects that are similar.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypondo February 20, 2012

the mind of a twleve year old with autism

the best fictional book i have read with an autistic main character, i (since i am autistic) found myself realating to him alot, and really enjoyed the book, that being said, the ending seemed quite rush, other then that, a brillant book, that really dwelves into the mind of an autistic tween, and gets almost pefectly, so in fact, you would think the author herself was autistic, it will also help you understand autism, a good read.
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2011

GREAT BOOK

I love this book I had to read it for a book club and I love it usually these books r boring but this was awesome Jason is such a great role model he teaches lessons in his own way it's very eduicational because it teaches about plots and writing
Teen, 13 years old Written bycujoandjiff September 3, 2010

great for tweens and teens

Very educational with out trying to be.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycasey :) September 13, 2011

Wonderful Book.

This was such a great book. It almost made me cry. I stopped and relized "wow, kids like this actually think about other people." All he wanted was friends. And I hope one day the school kids wake up and realize what a great person Jason is.