All parent member reviews for Are You There God? It's Me Margaret.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 17, 2010
mild sexual behaviour
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 October 20, 2012

are you there god its me margaret

embarrassed by things like bra shopping. This book was written in 1970 -- do you think a lot has changed since then? Do you feel like you relate to Margaret? Margaret's friend Nancy spreads gossip about Laura -- she says that Laura lets boys feel her up and that even their teacher can't keep his eyes off her figure. What do you think it's like to be Laura? Do you think girls who develop early still get targeted in this way?
Parent Written byleekp June 3, 2013

Website reviewer got this one wrong.

I have a real issue with the reviewer for CSM - not a parent or kid, the actual website reviewer - for saying "this book presents a pretty realistic take on what it's like to be a sixth-grade girl (which means it's fine for girls a bit younger since they are always looking ahead)" - this is EXACTLY what I don't want; I want my daughter reading age appropriate books. As for this book, it's quite good for 12 year olds, not suitable for those "a bit younger."
Parent of a 17 year old Written byzainu March 13, 2011

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

ARE YOU THERE GOD, IT'S ME MARGARET mba online
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written bysassysas April 21, 2015

Love You Margaret!

I read this book before letting my daughter read it just to preview the content and I must say it is an excellent, informational, yet fictional book for tweens and young teens. The main character, Margaret, endures troubles with a new school, friends, boys, religion, and other realistic things girls might worry about. There is some sexual behavior and suggestions including bra and period talk, use of the magazine Playboy, mild kissing, crushing, and rumors of dating. However, Margaret doesn't encourage this behavior and is cautious when it comes to her body and physical interaction with boys. Older girls can learn much about what's to come, their growing bodies, and what troubles or worries they might face through this fun fictional story.
Adult Written byjaslinm February 6, 2015

Its Great

Its really helpful
Parent of a 11 year old Written bykimawalker April 27, 2013

Fun read

Good story to read with your daughters as they near puberty
Adult Written bylilmamaxd408 September 2, 2009
i think this book is just magnifecent. it shows how real pre-teens would act around their age. I remeber when i was a child and had my crushand felt left out. i felt like Laura Danker. she was a girl at school that all the girls didnt like, yet she had big boobs,nice body,and quite beautiful. im not trying to be concieted,but-haha- that was how it was for me. it relates to how kids were.
Adult Written byJediQueen April 9, 2008

Touching and taught me the facts of life.

Ver good for girls who are just reaching puberty. It helps them cope. i learned so much from this book, Judy Blume was my sex ed teacher.
Adult Written bycecilla2 April 9, 2008

I talk to my mother After every chapter! There werer a few things that we1

I t was a must read book for all 13 year olds.
Adult Written by8448 April 9, 2008

love it

great book
Parent of a 11 year old Written byvvfrn2 April 9, 2008
Parent Written byCode_Monkey November 4, 2015

Worth a read.

I read this when I was 10. Yes, i'm a man. But, it really gave me some perspective on the opposite sex. I'm glad i read it and it taught me some stuff that i'm glad i found out. It's worth a read. Although, parents should decide if they want their kids to read this book or not. : )
Adult Written byAmymvr April 6, 2015

Waiting until 12 is too late

Girls need this book when they are starting to worry about periods, bra stuffing, why boys want to see Playboy, and kissing games at boy girl parties, NOT after it happens. Parents, read this book when your daughter is 9, to see/remember (moms) what being a middle school girl is like. Give it to your daughter when you thinks she's ready and invite her to talk to you about it when she's done. If you can't do it, you need to find a woman in your daughter's life who can. Our family lives in a small town, away from any "big scary cities" and my 11 year old girl has dealt with a bully on the bus, a 10 year old friend getting her period in fifth grade, and a friend who says she hates herself and has been told by bullies that she should kill herself. She has come to me about all these things.
Adult Written bysamanthab September 24, 2014

my tells u its a good book

mom said it was a good book but I did not like it at all.i thought it was a good book in the beging but did not like
Educator and Parent of a 15 year old Written byMomBH March 24, 2010
I loved this book as a preteen and now as a student of young adult literature, I have found a new reason to esteem Blume as a wonderful writer. Having teenage sons, I have not felt the appropriateness to share this book with them. I would have absolutely no reservations of having a preteen daughter reading it. I would encourage it. The general messages of the book is that kids grow at different paces and that's okay, all religions have good aspects and boring ones and that you can't always judge a book by its cover (think girls with big chests and boy who are cute.) The way in which Blume covers puberty is one in which a young girl will relate without feeling embarrassed or disgusted. It's a really good and easy read.
Adult Written byrockstarhal February 24, 2010

Excellent Coming of Age Story

This book is a great story for preteen girls to read. It helps them to understand all the changes that they will be going through throughout their next few years. It is a must read for all girls.
Adult Written byPatty1 April 9, 2008
Parent of a 10 year old Written byssara May 16, 2011

superb message

I enjoy reading the article. Its good at least there are people who think about god.Dentist NYC