Parent reviews for Beezus and Ramona

The first Ramona book is a treat for all ages.

Parent Written byhannah1991 July 15, 2020
This book is about a girl, Beatrice Quimby (Beezus for short) and her younger sister, Ramona. Beezus is confused by Ramona and has to teach her EVERYTHING, including that it's impolite to speak loudly at the library.

Educational Value
Adult Written byBella Nell September 12, 2019

BRAT

Ramona is a terrible brat.
Parent of a 2, 7, and 14-year-old Written byKalli K. August 16, 2016

Ramona Quimby...

This book is outdated, and it's starting to show as time goes on. For example, Ramona is 4, and can play in the park by herself or that parents are so gulliable. When my little girl's classmates mention a party to her, I call the parents to find out if they know about it. In this book, they just take Ramona's word for it and drop their kids off at the Quimby House.

Well done, though Beverly Cleary! This book is a wonderful book to represent sisterhood.
Adult Written by17 year old girl July 3, 2012

A great book

This book is really funny and also allows you to see a family situation from two very different points of view. Is a great book for all ages.

Educational Value
Parent of a 5 and 8-year-old Written bypbj February 15, 2010

Great book! Great series!

I love, love, love this book. I grew up reading and loving Ramona - and now my children love her too. The books are amazing. So innocent yet so true-to-life of how children think and feel. Beverly Cleary is wonderful. I read it to my class of first greaders - they loved it so much and laughed at Ramona's antics.