Kid reviews for Behemoth: Leviathan Trilogy, Book 2

Sci-fi stand-out with high adventure, great characters.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 14 years old Written bynoveleater September 22, 2011

Interesting sequel to award-winning Leviathan....

Behemoth is much better than Leviathan, but the pace is sometimes so slow, its hard to continue reading. The highlights of the story would be the wonderfully well planned sequel, and the stunning illustrations that accompany the often times annoying voice of Scott Westerfeild. I hate to say this, but the action wasn't even close to being great, and I warn readers, re-read Leviathan to fully understand the plot and the characters. That being said, the violence is still there, and gruesome, but not gory, or gross, which I enjoyed about that part. The story is very educational, including landmarks, and important people in the textbooks. There is one girl- on- girl kiss played for laughs, which I did find a little humor in. The writing is not perfect, but still enjoyable for the most part. The violence includes spices thrown in eyes, lightning striking ships, beast hitting people and ships, kids are shot at, and the death of many animals, not described, just obviously there. The language includes slang words, dang, d***, su**, hell, and thats it. I recommend the book for fans of Leviathan, or new comers that love war- driven- books. Enjoy!

Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2011

Great Sequel!!!

I loved this! An awesome sequel to Leviathan, Behemoth is funny, fast-paced, and cleverly, if not well, written. The characters are all very brave and strong. Deryn continues her masquerade as a boy, but is found out by at least two people. I found it disappointing, however that she still won't tell Alek because she doesn't trust him enough. This was, to me, a serious character flaw of hers. Besides this Deryn is brave, strong, loyal, and clever, doing everything in her power to help her friends and country. Alek is bright and loyal and works hard to save his companions. Behemoth is set in an alternate WWI and has many facts buried into the story. The overall message is of loyalty and friendship, and seems to imply that between friends there should be trust- definitely more than Deryn has for Alek. The story is intended so that both boys and girls will enjoy it, but seems to be written in a style aimed at boys.

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written byskwished3 January 5, 2011

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it a lot. Historically based and all. It's not SCI-FI! It is something much better called STEAMPUNK.

Educational Value