Kid reviews for Best Nerds Forever

Best Nerds Forever Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Loved the book, but..

I feel that this book was a total worth of time reading, but don’t get me wrong when i say the epilogue ruined EVERYTHING. For me, i love to be satisfied with the stories i read, so when a book ends in a happy and understanding way. i’m okay, but at the end of this book- if flipped ALL switches. why? Because now i’m confused. Is Izzy alive? it was she just Finn’s guide of his “coma” OR was he even in a coma? Was Izzy even real? Was it all a dream? I was pretty okay with knowing that when they nothing went cliff diving into the water together, that they reached the afterlife, but now i’m just full of questions. (which o hope will be answered in book #2 if they make one) Besides that, GREAT book i’ve read it x2 since I purchased it at Barnes & Noble. :) 🤍

3 people found this helpful.

Love the book, but the epilogue destroys everything

SPOILER ALERT Everything up until the epilogue is good. I think the best part of this book for me is the ending(except for the epilogue which I will explain later)It is one of those endings and is the only one for me where it just leaves me completely and totally satisfied. I am the kind of person who is never satisfied with the ending. For me it’s because I know there is something more to the story, I don’t even care if it’s boring, but I know there’s something more. But with this ending there was literally nothing more to the story so I can be perfectly at peace with how it ends. And then the Epilogue destroys everything. It is a perfect example of the extremely old and tired “it all the dream ending” because now they have left me with The knowledge that this was all a dream, he didn’t die but they don’t elaborate on that. For example in his dream he doesn’t know who his Isabella is. She’s just a girl so not even special to him but when he wakes up there is Isabella and we don’t know who she is, we don’t know why she was in his dream or how he knows her. So we don’t know anything about her. This book is amazing and a talks about death and at time grief in a really lovely way, until they ruin it with the epilogue making it all completely pointless. It ruins the feeling of satisfaction for me. the only time I have ever been perfectly satisfied with an ending is when I was reading this book’s ending and then the epilogue came and just destroyed that feeling. By all means read this book just rip out the pages labeled epilogue and burn them because really this was an awful way to do an epilogue. Disclaimer: this was just trying to prove a point, please do not actually burn the pages of this book, it is not a good idea.

3 people found this helpful.