Kid reviews for Better Off Friends

Better Off Friends Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Book review - C.Ramirez

The book “Better off Friends” by Elizabeth Eulberg, tells a story, it follows a young girl and boy who become best friends, and end up falling in love with each other. This book’s targeted audience are young adults, and its purpose is to entertain. I found this book to be enjoyable, and very easy to relate to since most of the characters involved are around my age. The storyline is mainly what provided me with a sense of suspense which kept me hooked because I desired to find out whether or not the main characters, Macallan and Levi, would end up together. After reading the book, I would say that the main argument presented would have to be, if it is possible for a girl and a boy to be best friends or not. Eulberg supports her argument fairly well through the book mentioning several times how close friends the two are, so much in fact that outside parties see it as well “Does anybody ever have any clue what you two go on and on about?”, she uses this to imply how close Macallan and Levi are. There are also instances where Eulberg uses phrases such as, “allows me some insights” as well as when they think of each other as “part of the family”, when referring to how long Macallan and Levi have known each other. Aside from showing us that Macallan and Levi can be best friends, despite being of the opposite sex, Eulberg also wants to take her audience on a love filled trip. Eulberg successfully does this by providing her audience with lots of descriptive imagery, and emotion. The emotion that was expressed in the book felt very real, not forced, Eulberg used subtle ways to show emotion such as “the tears stung my eyes”, “Macallan (she) is home to me”, “shattered my heart”, these and more contributed to the plot and the sense of reality that made me feel as if I had lived through this. I would definitely recommend this book to other people because I feel as if this book took my on the same journey that Macallan and Levi had. I felt as if I was apart of the drama, suspense, and the wonderful memories they shared as the story progressed. Eulberg, successfully reached her intended audience because of her ability to relate to and understand how to manipulate the story in order to appeal to young adults. All in all, I would rate this book ⅘ water droplets.

Best book ever

I read 'better off friends' this year, I am 12, and I absolutely loved this book! After finishing it I told my 11 year old friend to read it and she loves it too! Yeah it may seem cheesy, but it's not! This book is so well-written and it has an awesome structure to it! Now because me and my friend read this book, we were inspired to write our own! I loved this book and highly reccomend it!

Loved It!

This book was so cute. I loved the message that boys and girls can be friends and I loved how the author captured all of the drama that comes with bus and girls being friends. This book has an amazing ending and it was so good. I wish there was a sequel. This book has mild kissing and good messages. Please read this book!