Kid reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Teen, 16 years old Written byElissia.rosie.may February 24, 2020

Poor plot, yet lovable characters

The issue with this series is that I was so invested in the characters- could not tell you why. Each character held a place in my heart and I truly cared about them so when the plot was so prolonged and anticlimactic I was disappointed. The ending lacked resolution but her unfaltering love prevails so I suppose it is a ‘happy ending’.
However, what a questionable role model bella is! She gives up her life and sacrifices her family over a teenage romance- her first at that. She has a teenage pregnancy (there is nothing wrong with this but her lack of deliberation over it is worrying, it’s as if she doesn’t seem to recognise that her whole life is in front of her) and doesn’t care about her future or education- only her boyfriend.

Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2012
Teen, 15 years old Written byallthatglitter November 22, 2011

Appropriate for Middle School

Breaking Dawn is an appropriate book for any child middle school and up. By the time a child reaches 6th grade most children know about sex and foul language. This book is nothing more than things they would see on television, or hear other kids talk about in school. This book also teaches abstinence because Edward and Bella do not have sex until they are married and pro life because though the baby is killing her, Rosalie convinces Bella to keep the baby because it is a living being from the moment of conception.
Kid, 11 years old March 27, 2011

If your mature it's fine

Okay, everyone says that this book is like, "Super inappropriate" or something, but it's really not. I'm 11 and I've read it and they don't go into detail with, you know. But there is a very bloody violent scene in which Bella gives birth to a vampire baby. I would still say a mature 11 year old could read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byVamprincez March 23, 2011

Age

haha, I read this when I was 10... my parents don't check what I read but I bet they probably would have thought 3 times about this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLoveMegCabot February 13, 2011

This book isnt bad. Honestly my parents dont know what I read so........ Yeah : D

..........................All the reviewers are 12 O_e
I personally dont like the Twilight series.
Its VERY poorly written.
The last book revolves around Bella and her want for sex. Jacob and his need to have sex with Bellas newborn. Edwards controling,as usual. And around 200 pages of it is them talking about a war. Another 100 is about a war that doesnt happen. And about 300 describing how sexy Edward is.
I bet most younger kids wouldnt even understand what was going on. I hardly did : /
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2009

Was the best

That review was completly wrong. I'm 11 and I loved it! The intimate scenes were not horrible! We all do it someday! That review was written by an uptight mother whose kids are probably doing it!
Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2009

Best Book Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To Anonymous...

I am 11 also and think this is a must read. If you are concerned about the sex, then don't be. It doesn't get into much detail.. but before she reads this book she should read the rest. It goes in this order-

twilight
new moon
eclipse
breaking dawn

these are eccelent books and I highly reccomend them.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylilcheer March 3, 2009

I loved it!

I think it was great. They went a little over-the-top on saying there was lots of blood. the book does describe it, but not too bad. Loved it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySiennaBellaRose January 3, 2009

Bella is awesome, better than Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Matithias, and Nathaniel all together

The best book you will read for a while. I think it was a long shot to talk about what she did in a tween book but it is still an amazing book. Any mature person could read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDCFC133 December 9, 2008

It was really really good (there is kind of a spoiler here)

I loved the whole thing.I was a little bored by the Jacob section at first, but it really grew on me as I read, and I ended up really enjoying it. I disagree with the other reviewers who said that they didn't like the fact that Bella was still obsessed with Edward. Seriously, after three books of Bella being really obsessed with him, did you think it was going to stop once she became a vampire. i also did not think that it was as apparent as the other books, i mean all they really did was say that they really loved each other and could not be away from each other. Not a good model for love or romance, but really good. (and excessively corny)

P.S. Common sense, this book was not to long. You guys always seem to be hating on them, and I think it is because you take everything a little too seriously. If you guys were true twilight fans, you would be left wanting it to be a little bit longer.
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2008

I totally LOVED it!!!

Well, I'm only in 5th grade and most of the (unintelligent) kids in my class would
just giggle and not really understand the book. (Not exactly for kids my age) The book is great, but I wish it would keep on going! (Why does it have to be the end!?! Why!?!) Random Alert! I wonder how Nessie is going to look like when she's 10.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySarahxJx November 11, 2008
It is a great book. sure there are some debatable parts. But, as long as your kids understand that this book is a fantasy, they should be fine to read it. Bella gets married young, has ababy, and doesn't care about her future very much. But again it is fantasy and that is what makes the book good. So people need to calm down, even Stephanie Meyer the author says she doesn't agree with all the choices bella makes.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypbelleb May 24, 2021

loved it!

i loved the whole series of twilight. it is appropriate for mainly all ages but young kids would not understand. there is no graphic anything but just suggestive. but they were married when this took place.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLikeLora April 30, 2021
Kid, 11 years old April 14, 2021

Still really good but not as good

I still really like this book but less, starting at page 132 the story is told in Jacob Black’s perspective which I found was a very big change from the story being in Bella’s perspective. Something else in this book is the fact that after Bella and Edward get married they go swimming both naked and have sex three times after that.
Over all I still really enjoy this book.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymiraculous.stra... April 2, 2021

Good but for teens

I’d say 13 plus for this book but 12 plus for the rest. This book mainly focuses on Bella and Edward’s honeymoon which is sexy, but the book, unlike the movie, doesn’t go into detail. They just wake up the next morning and Bella has bruises from the vampire strength. For tweens under 13, maybe skip a couple pages. There’s much more violence in this book, like when Bella gives birth to Renesmee and her spin cracks, and it’s very bloody. I didn't enjoy those pages, but I read it anyways. That’s really the violence. Breaking Dawn is good, but maybe not for younger tweens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPeps_That_Anit_Prisy March 31, 2021

Really good...a little steamy

Okay, so the book is very good, the movies leave out important details. But a veary week point to get to. Very good dialog and should be 11+ to need, and watch the movies, in chapter Isle Esme, they to the nasty. and gets a little to muter for young viewers.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAcefoxx13846 February 27, 2021

Better than the others!

I reviewed the first book in the saga, Twilight. In my personal opinion, this book is the best out of all of the them. But, is for more mature audiences. Bella is finally positive about herself, and equal to Edward; but what she is willing to do to get there is slightly frightening. It has minor language; from Jacob’s point of view, and mentioned nudity. Bella and Edward have sex, but there is no detail. This is the best book, and really, read it! Also, the Cullens’ have multiple cars, mentioned by brand names. It has a good message at the end; happiness can come out of everything. Also, if you’re younger, like ten or so, and have read the others, you can feel read this.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byjlikesreading December 28, 2020

suggestive parts are omitted from the book

okay, a lot of parents are saying the honeymoon scenes are a little suggestive, and they are to a degree. Unlike the movies, the books omit the dirty parts (“and we started where my dream left off,” and then it skips to the morning). As for the birth scenes, the are a little graphic, but if that stuff doesn’t gross you out then it would be fine. And besides, Bella and Edward were married, so technically it would be fine. Edward was a good role model for telling Bella to wait until they were married to try. I say middle school and up. :)

Educational Value