All teen and kid member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Teen, 15 years old Written byLoveMegCabot February 13, 2011

This book isnt bad. Honestly my parents dont know what I read so........ Yeah : D

..........................All the reviewers are 12 O_e I personally dont like the Twilight series. Its VERY poorly written. The last book revolves around Bella and her want for sex. Jacob and his need to have sex with Bellas newborn. Edwards controling,as usual. And around 200 pages of it is them talking about a war. Another 100 is about a war that doesnt happen. And about 300 describing how sexy Edward is. I bet most younger kids wouldnt even understand what was going on. I hardly did : /
Kid, 11 years old March 27, 2011

If your mature it's fine

Okay, everyone says that this book is like, "Super inappropriate" or something, but it's really not. I'm 11 and I've read it and they don't go into detail with, you know. But there is a very bloody violent scene in which Bella gives birth to a vampire baby. I would still say a mature 11 year old could read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhitehorse13 September 1, 2011

Teen Book with adult moments

Breaking Dawn is a great conclusion to the Twilight series. I couldn't put the book down! There are some inappropriate moments between Edward and Bella. She gets married and has a baby at 18 which is a mature subject for kids. I would definitely recommend it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

i love the twilight series

this series is enormously popular with teen and older tween girls. The main characters -- Bella, 18, mortal, and Edward, vampire -- have sex after they're married. Little is described in detail except that broken furniture and bruises are found on the next day (thanks to vampire super-strength). The goriest part of the book is a supernatural birth scene with lots and lots of blood, cracking bones, and near death. Vampires spend half the book fearing for their lives and the lives of family and friends.
Kid, 12 years old February 11, 2011

Review from a teenager's point-of-view

Well, I read it with my parent's permission. I loved the overall plot, was a little long and didn't really need a few descriptions. a few steamy sex scenes throughout the book however, if your child is relatively mature i think it would be okay. A little bit of overall money use and some violent fighting scenes as well references to previous violence and a few descriptive instances where pain was thoroughly described as well as a bloody laborious birth scene.
Teen, 15 years old Written byallthatglitter November 22, 2011

Appropriate for Middle School

Breaking Dawn is an appropriate book for any child middle school and up. By the time a child reaches 6th grade most children know about sex and foul language. This book is nothing more than things they would see on television, or hear other kids talk about in school. This book also teaches abstinence because Edward and Bella do not have sex until they are married and pro life because though the baby is killing her, Rosalie convinces Bella to keep the baby because it is a living being from the moment of conception.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylali123 January 1, 2012

Issues

I totally disagree with anyone who has even IMPLIED that the birth scene is too gory, etc etc. Apart from some of the occurences during the honeymoon, I feel that the book is great. It's my second favorite after Twilight. Edward has abondoned his macho act and appears to be more sympathetic towards Bella and her desires. Some might see the abortion message as an issue. However, I beleive that Bella did the right thing because you cant kill a living thing! that would be immoral and unhumane! the anti-abortion message is actually a positive one and I totally agree with it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMileyBB January 6, 2009

WOW ....I REALLY WANT TO !

Please somebody answer this question ..do you think it is appropriate for my daughter ? She's 11 and she kind of knows all about sex surprisingly but would it be okay for her ? I'm almost positive it would be but I think I should get some other people's opinion. Thanks I hope that you can be a big help..Please respond !
Kid, 11 years old September 24, 2011

ITS FINE!!!!

I have read the entire twilight series and there is nothing super inappropriate in any of the books. Parents just prejudge the book because it is a vampire romance novel. There is one bloody birthscene that kids shouldn't read if they are very sensitive. (just that part not the whole book.) They do have sex but not until they are married and the author doesn't go into detail about their honeymoon. This book is fine for a mature 11 year old.
Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2011

Good book but...

I loved it but there was alot of sex and in my opinoin it's a tad bit creepy how Jacob falls in love with Bella's new born daught... pedophilia, mabey? Well, that's for you to decide... Also all the talk of death and the fighting...
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2013

I say…...

I say its not that bad. Everything depends on individual maturity. There is sex but its postmatrial. There is a war in question. A very violent birth and jacob imprints on an infant(STALKER). If you have a brain 10-11 if you don't 14 or later.
Kid, 10 years old April 25, 2011

very bad

I HATE IT! Very gross. Most parts are very bad and show bad things in a good light.
Teen, 13 years old Written byVamprincez March 23, 2011

Age

haha, I read this when I was 10... my parents don't check what I read but I bet they probably would have thought 3 times about this.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySiennaBellaRose January 3, 2009

Bella is awesome, better than Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Matithias, and Nathaniel all together

The best book you will read for a while. I think it was a long shot to talk about what she did in a tween book but it is still an amazing book. Any mature person could read it.
Kid, 11 years old April 17, 2012

Best one

Ya, there is sex, not described, birth scene is..... Disturbing, great book though, (spoiler) when Bella turns into a vampire, it was awesome, usually that would have ruined it for me, but she was better as a vampire, I liked her better
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2010

Good for older children

I liked it, I thought that anyone under the age of 10 can't really read it but as I'm 10 I think that it's OK for me to read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMktheReviewer June 24, 2010
The thing you should know if you are going to read this book is, the sex is NOT descriptive, in any shape or form. So, let your breath out. With that said, I think it is wise that the Mormon author waited til the characters where married before they decided to do this. Overall, cool BOOK :)!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBraveGleek November 17, 2011

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that the Twilight Saga is a very good saga for kids that understand everything in the books and it is my favorite series next to harry potter
Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2012