All parent member reviews for Charlotte's Web

Parent of a 14 year old Written bynoorisusan October 10, 2010

5 ages an up

LOVE IT!
Educator and Parent Written byDadaNick45 January 28, 2011

be careful if your children have sensitivity toward animals

Wonderful book but be sure that your children are at an age where they understand the beginning and where Wilbur was almost killed. This could set the tone for a negative reading experience.
Parent Written byEdna Gerrity June 4, 2011

Charlotte's webb....Charlotte is my hero and role model and I am 43

I absolutely love this book... it has been an altime favorite of mine since childhood.... Charlotte still remains my hero and inspiration.... she is my role model and I am 43
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byhannahrose April 28, 2011

Perfect Read-Aloud

Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byJojano May 25, 2010

I read this book out loud to my kids when they were little, and the whole family enjoyed it. Beware: it WILL make you cry!
Adult Written byramonatime April 9, 2008

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bymcpinroc April 18, 2010

An instant favorite

A great first chapter book
Adult Written bydonnamsar April 9, 2008

A must read for every child, even the child in you.

This book has been a classic since it was first written. E. B. White did such a fantastic job there is no room for improvement. The critters and the people get along so well and they are so "real" you can easily imagine them. This is a book I recommend to any child, young or old, who wants some quiet time with their imaginations.
Adult Written bysara777 September 16, 2009

perfect for any age

this book is a touchstone for american literature. i believe that every child should have the chance to read it and enjoy it. they will learn many new words and have the chance to imagine and also learn some new things about the real world. i first read this book when i was 6 and it has been one of my absolute favorites. since then i have probably read it hundreds more but everytime i find something new and enjoyable about it. although it addresses the issue of death, its not a harsh reality of it. charlotte does die but in a peaceful way. anyone will love this book, and if you do not i hope you have the chance to appreciate it.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byLindy1 October 5, 2009

Parent of a 3, 3, and 6 year old Written bymagasalee November 7, 2009

great story my son couldn't wait to finish reading it.
Adult Written byamo2006 January 20, 2010

Perfect for everyone

This book is amazing. I have read it since I was able to read. Something I do not understand is how someone could think it is to violent or even has to much drug use in it. This book teaches kids so much about life and friendship that every person should read it at least once.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byarudek805 September 26, 2009

Adult Written bykaylard1 January 20, 2009

a class review

going over it with the kids
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byrachelernst.com September 13, 2009

On at 4 years old

We own it and my son started watching by the time he was 4 years old.
Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written byDogLover in DE November 11, 2011

Great book, but expect tears

I just finished reading this to my 6 1/2 year old. She really enjoyed it despite the very sad part when Charlotte dies. She and I both cried. Interestingly she had attended bug camp and knew that once spiders have babies they die, so she was somewhat prepared.
Adult Written byLhoza August 20, 2011

learning big through little.

you can tell your children a lot through this book. you ncan also learn to understand them better.
Parent Written byrivermom December 24, 2009

Perfect read-aloud chapter book

My five year old son loved this book. Every question he asked while we were reading was answered almost immediately in the text itself - as if the author anticipated exactly what kids would need to know. We both really enjoyed reading it together.
Parent Written bylisilove518 June 20, 2013

The Mesmerizing Qualities of Charlotte's Web

Charlotte’s Web is a classic because the book teaches young readers the importance of friendship, love, and how we as humans need to treat each other. These theme’s are universal because everyone, no matter the age, need to remember that the people we spend time with and care for shape the people they are and will be in the future. Our culture has strayed away from what friendship really means and that with friendship comes sacrifice. Charlotte’s Web will always be a timeless literary classic that will live in the hearts of millions of American’s for years and years to come.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byHalHorvath August 22, 2012

About the Best You'll Find for under 10 yrs old

While reading-to is valuable, and this is suitable starting at age 5, my own personal experience is even better. I read this because I was curious and saw it on a list of Best Books, when I was age 8 or so. While being read to is great, reading it on your own is even better. Because of finding some really great books at that age, I became a reader, and read a lot. Because of all the reading, my grades in school changed from Bs and Cs to straight A by 6th grade, but that is NOT the whole story. I continued reading a lot (and remember, Charlotte's Web was part of the sprark that started this), and aced my ACT scores (like SAT), with 99% in 3 of 4 categories. Sure, there were other factors, but looking back, reading a lot was by far the key factor. So, if you have a 7 yr old or 8 yr old that is reading, and hasn't heard or read this, it is a great opportunity, boy or girl.