Kid reviews for Classic Goosebumps: The Haunted Mask

Classic Goosebumps: The Haunted Mask Poster Image

AWSOME book

I remember I was in the first grade, all the cool kids read goosebumps so I went on This app called epic and read this book.it is a very good scary book, it’s ok for kids. But not for 5 year olds that have nightmare issues

AWSOME book

This deserves zero stars

The prologue is a little gross, like someone ripping their skin on their face off, just gross, I don't suggest

gruesome

A 5th grader gets punched on the bus bye a boy who has a evil soul and hates this female. Not to mention the girl attaks young children with a haunted mask she got for Halloween. The children also take after their parents by smoking and using weed. The mask also later in the book is cut of the girls face. Do not read if you are younger than 15 years old. It also uses cuss like B**** And D***.

Really fun (and scary) read!

The Haunted Mask is one of the "classic" Goosebumps books. Goosebumps only SEEMS really scary, but actually, it's mixed with humor! This is one of my favourites in the series. The story is about two girls, who are best best best friends: Carly Beth Caldwell and Sabrina Mason, two eleven-year-olds. The one girl, Carly Beth, hates how everyone tries to scare her. Her friends Sabrina, Chuck Greene, and Steve Boswell, as well as her eight-year-old brother Noah Caldwell are all out to get her. The last straw is when Steve scares and embarrasses her in the school auditorium. Carly Beth is livid and buys a really really really scary mask. She tries scaring Noah, and it works! Soon she terrorizes the neighbourhood, scaring and stealing candy from children. You can imagine how satisfied Carly Beth felt when she finally reached her goal of scaring Chuck and Steve. Sabrina, on the other hand, is confused. Carly Beth would NEVER do anything horrible like what she does that night! Nevertheless, Carly Beth and Sabrina go over to Sabrina's to check out their candy. However, it isn't long before Carly Beth finds out she can't take the mask off... because now--it's HER face. So basically, that's the plot. (Don't worry, I won't spoil the rest!) Now about how safe it is for kids. I put in Age 8 and up because the Goosebumps series is intended for ages 8 to 12. There's a bit of scary stuff, and the chapters always end on a scary note and then the next chapter clears it up or talks more about what's going on, at the beginning. Except for the last chapter, all the scenes at the end are explained. It's not very violent, but Carly Beth says and thinks threats like "I'm going to tear this woman apart!" (she didn't) or "I'll eat you up!" (she didn't do that, either). However (SPOILER ALERT) the story contains a moral about loving yourself who you are. When Carly Beth becomes what she is afraid of, she realizes she liked herself better as Carly Beth, rather than as The Haunted Mask. It takes her the whole book to find this out, but when she does, she realizes it was worth the wait. If you enjoyed the book, there are three sequels! They are: Goosebumps #36: The Haunted Mask II (not remade, as of 08/22/2016), Goosebumps Horrorland #4: The Scream of the Haunted Mask, and Goosebumps: WANTED The Haunted Mask. Also, The Haunted Mask and The Haunted Mask II have been adapted for the Goosebumps TV show.

I WILL NEVER WEAR A MASK AGAIN!!!!

In Halloween,this is the thing to bring you the creeps for a long time.Masks have been a great scare for a long time.And here he knew how to show us the real scream we want to see.Wow!No more words.

GooseBumps

It is not good. The books are scary. I don't like GOOSEBUMPS!!!

Great for kids and preteens who are into horror stories ~

This book has very efficient entertaining purposes and it's a fantastic book for kids/preteens who are just starting out with bone-chilling stories. The Haunted Mask didn't give me any scares at all but the last few scenes in the story made me feel quite tense. There is barely any violence in the book so it's fine for eight year olds and up. Overall, great book.

Worst books I have ever read

I am talking about the whole goosebumps series not only the haunted mask. These are books aimed at 12-14 year old, R.L Stine (author) said so in an interview. Yes, seriously. FOURTEEN. My three year old sister's Peppa Pig book was scarier (George FELL OVER! Argh! And yet still scarier) and more entertaining (well okay, Peppa is amazing, but Goosebumps is terrible). I rated this six only because around six years old I started reading them and I think I cried. They weren't tears of horror because of the 'scariness' of the book, they were tears of horror from the terrible writing and the blandness of the book. If a one year old was able to read they would be bored by this book, honestly horrifying and I mean in the sense that it's badly written and just not scary at all. Seriously people NOT FOR KIDS? Not for anybody who's not a toddler more like...

Shudder-worthy read

I sort of think this is NOT for kids who are easily scared! Carly Beth eats a worm, is attacked by a 'tarantula' (not what you think it is), and has evil thoughts while wearing the mask! Not to MENTION the cliff-hanger ending... The talking Plaster of Paris head... and The Unloved chasing her! I know a stronger or older reader will devour this! P.S.: There's a mention of Smurfs, for you consumerism-concerned people out there.