Kid reviews for Cleopatra's Moon

Cleopatra's Moon Poster Image

Got Me Interested in Egypt!

This book is the epitome of historical fiction. The author, Vicky Alvear Shecter is so accurate with all historical bits and extremely detailed about being both an Egyptian princess and a Roman hostage. This book in captivating and enthralling from the beginning. A must read!

Interesting Book

Has good view of how egyptians thought of romans at the time. Has words such as whore and slut. But overall great book.

Amazing mature story of Cleopatra's daughter

This is an amazing story of Cleopatra's daughter. The story has rape, and 2 involving a young child. The others are young women. I counted 4 rapes overall, mostly in the first half. The second half is mostly romance sex type stuff. There is plenty of passionate kisses, and some almost sex, though Selene stops it before it goes too far. There's also sexual name calling referring to Cleopatra like whore, slut. Mentions of Prostitues and concubines throughout. There's also violence, and it's fairly graphic, but it's only the scene of Marcus Antonius's suicide that is graphic, with 10 or 11 year old Selene watching. That's the worst it gets.Theres also a bit of drinking, but not awful amounts, and it's not glorified. I enjoyed this book and I think it's ok for 13 and up, 12 if you are mature.