All parent member reviews for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bypleeoh October 24, 2010

Educator Written bysb34chick November 21, 2009

Sweet Story

A classic story, recently transformed into a 3-D animation by Sony Pictures, this story is quite unique. In the pleasant town of Chewandswallow, the story opens up with Grandpa in black and white, detailed pen sketch illustrations. While the town has been blessed with food raining from the sky to provide the residents of Chewandswallow with great meals, recently terrible things have occured. As each page progresses, the colors draw brighter and the food gets worse and worse, from the Spaghetti tie-up to a pea soup fog, the folks of Chewandswallow don't know what to think of this strange weather. A wall illustrated book and humorous storyline will connect with readers of all ages. As the residents leave Chewandswallow on a piece of dry bread, to a town where they now have to get used to buying food, more like today's world, young readers will wonder for a moment if this story could have been true. A "sweet" tale with a sure mystery as to what the community of Chewandswallow will do with their "sour" predicament.
Adult Written byfr0stedshad0w April 9, 2008

Educator and Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bySouthernPhoenix June 11, 2009

Grew up with this book

This is one of my all time favorite books and I am so excited that it is going to be a movie later this year! My kids never get tired of listening to it. Maybe a younger class would have been more into the book though.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byJamie and James March 15, 2010

My 7-year-old recommends it!

I think that my son really learned a good lesson in the book. It's in a way educational, and he really loves it! He has just finished reading it twice, and he even brought it in for show and tell-once! But I think he really enjoys that it is told from a story point of view-James loves to tell stories. He also likes the fact that food comes from the sky. I had to explain this to him-he was confused about this. I think I did a bad job with it- he is under the impression that a pancake will close his school! Really, great fantasy book!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byfoodwarrior May 24, 2013

Read aloud for lunch to your kid(s).

I read this story to my son when he was four years old (he is five now) and he really enjoyed it. I think the idea of weather expressed as food and how it drove the city's people from their home really appealed to his imagination.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 23, 2012

cloudy chance meatballs

bones could easily have come from a spaceship. Families can talk about weird weather. What's the strangest weather you've ever experienced? If weather really was food, what foods would you want to have appear?