Kid reviews for Counting on Grace

Counting on Grace Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Good Book

Very interesting, true, sad, and intriguing book. Okay for ages 9 and up, younger may be fine for some children but iffy for others. It's a great book, I would recommend it.

I hated it, and it was very suckish!

Great Book for History Lovers ages 11+

This realistically fascinating book is an eye-opener to a part of American history that can be quite appalling. A time where children like Grace and her friend, Arthur, were pulled out of school illegally to work grueling hours on machines; or where storekeepers were able to cheat their customers because of their illiteracy. Through the voice and broken English of fictional Grace Forcier, Elizabeth Winthrop weaves an endearing tale about the financial and family hardships an average mill-working family would have faced, while hinting a better future for the restless protagonist. Though some people may think this book harshly accurate, it informs readers about a history we all should know.
not rated for age

DO NOT READ THIS BOOK!

If this book it reccomended for 10 year olds, the person who decided that must be completely crazy. Only a totally phyco person could ever say that a book including content like this could be a good book for 10 year olds. The fact that this book is based on real life and true facts makes it even less appealing- if that's possible. And to think that any one could even think to call this book "COMPELLING" or "APPROPRIATE".