Kid reviews for Crank

Crank Poster Image

Well written

This book is perfect for a mature teenage audience. I think it educates well about how you can get addicted off your first time using. I think that before you read this book you should get a trigger warning because it could resurface unwanted trauma. But overall it is a great book with a great storyline. I think that Ellen Hopkins did an amazing job writhing this from her daughter's perspective. She truely captured what it's like to be so addicted that you would do anything for more. I was never a big reader but when I found this book I was completely sucked into Bree's world. I loved the format and found myself looking for the symbolism in each line. I think that this is the perfect book for a mature audience that has the background knowledge that this is a true story and is meant to educate on drug awareness.

Amazing book - Realistic, Exciting, Scary

Great book - lets young teens know about the cosiquences of using drugs and making bad decisions. Ok for mature 13 year olds.

Beautifully Written

This is a beautifully written book about love, loss, family, distrust, and finding a path through life when you're a teenager. This book is all about addiction and has many sexual scenes. I myself am a high level reader with maturity unlike most of my peers so I found this book highly captivating. Of course, other children and teens might not be ready for this read. It is laced with cussing, sexually explicit scenes, and drugs, mainly meth, also known as "crank."

Great book, Lucy in the Sky is better

So this book speaks VERY graphically of drug abuse, including weed, and cocaine. It has strong language, graphic sexual content, violence, implied/threats of rape, and much more. Its a very good book for older teens to read, but not anyone under the age of 15 or 16. Even 15 is iffy. Another really good book on drug abuse is Lucy in the Sky, which is written in the style of Go Ask Alice, and is a fantastic book.

Intriguing and Intelligent

I love this book. I feel that, being a teenager, I understand the pressure of society around the main character. Kristina has reasons for her decisions. She's alone. I do, on the other hand, understand how parents would feel uncomfortable with the explicit content displayed in this novel. Although the main character faces no consequences, the reader knows what the possibilities are. For me at least, this book showed how severe drugs and drinking can be, and to never put myself in these types of situations.

Descriptive

It shows what drugs can do to a great life with in depth descriptions of the high and withdrawal.

amazing

I just finished the entire series, crank totally hooked me. loved it.

amazing

I just finished the entire series, crank totally hooked me. loved it.

Brutally honest but captivating read about teenage drug addict

Crank tells the story of 17 year old Kristina Snow. She was a gifted student and a model daughter before she was introduced to the "monster" crank, soon developing another personality called Bree. This book is a cautionary tale, and warns readers the horror of drugs. Sure, there's mature content (breifly described sex scenes, swearing, cutting, and drugs), but a teen older than 13 can probably handle it.