All teen and kid member reviews for Dear Bully: 70 Authors Tell Their Stories

Teen, 14 years old Written bynoveleater October 25, 2011

Sad book is overlong, but beautiful....

Dear Bully, 70 Authors Tell Their Stories, is overlong in places but at the center targets bullies and victims. The story is a collection of 70 stories that talk about being bullied and getting over it, and how to prevent it. The book has a good message. The one problem with the book is that each story was personal, but they all seemed to be the same. One story stood out to be in particular: Slivers of Purple Paper, by Cyn Balog gave me goosebumps. The language is harsh. be warned the C*** word is said. CSM? How did you miss that? Its in the first story, so if your a parent that doesn't like there kid reading bad words, I would skip the first story, but let your child read it, it has a fantastic message. The book also saids, b****, ska**, su**, sh** ect. The violence includes pushing, shoving, hitting, kicking ect. The story tells of some abuse related to sexual things. Otherwise, the book is so-so, but contains a great message repeated one to many times. I recommend it for kids who are being bullied, or who are the bullies, because you need to stop it now. You could save a life.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTiger_Girl267 January 3, 2016

Gets a bit intense; overall a great insight into schools

I just finished this book and I enjoyed it immensely. I do recommend it; however, it does touch on some sexual and very violent topics. Language is kind of scattered. Some stories have a lot of it, some have none at all. Parents, if you want your child to read this book but are unsure of if they can handle it, I would suggest reading it with them or reading it before them.