Kid reviews for Dear Sweet Pea

Dear Sweet Pea Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Loved it!

This is a great book by Julie Murphy. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this fabulous book. The characters are so relatable and funny. This was a breezy read and is perfect for middle graders and young adults.

Great Read!

Dear Sweet Pea by Julie Murphy is a great book with great messages! However, I strongly recommend kids from maybe 11+ instead of 8+. There are mentions of homophobia, divorce, and a little hint of Sex on two of the pages. Other than that it's a great read!

Great book, but more mature than is advertised

I have been a huge fan of Julie Murphy’s books in the past, because they are so relatable, funny, and I had re-read them several times. I was so delighted when I heard she was coming out with Dear Sweet Pea. This book deals with so many tough topics that kids today really are struggling with in a way that isn’t extremely triggering but still provides a lot of details, and doesn’t treat the reader like they’re too immature to handle it. This book just made me feel so good inside and it is probably my favorite Julie Murphy book. Would definitely recommend for middle grade readers or YA fans looking for something to read that will make you happy!