All parent member reviews for Delirium

Parent of a 5 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 May 30, 2012

delirium

Families can talk about the resurgence in popularity of dystopian novels. Like Twilight launched many more vampire novels, the popularity of The Hunger Games, for example, gave this genre new life. Why do teens connect with these books? What do you think the next book fad will be? It's hard to find a fault in Alex, Lena's love interest. Why do you think the main male character in romantic novels is often drawn this way? Do characters like Alex shape teen's expectations about romance in any way?
Adult Written byjoysoccer April 12, 2011

Great Message!

Great book! It had a really good theme and message. I think that kids 14 and older can comprehend adequately that we need to have passion in life, and it is a great lesson to be learned.
Adult Written byIamAgirl October 26, 2015

11 and up!

It is a really good dystopian book so i really recommend it!!
Parent Written bymeliks January 2, 2012

Great Book for older teens

My 6th grade 11 1/2 year old daughter read this and loved it. I then read it and loved it - but there was some inappropriate language (though used appropriately and not gratuitously) and certainly more sexual activity than I felt comfortable with for my pre-teen. In hindsight, I would preferred that she waited a year or two before reading this book. This is a beautiful love story and I can't wait for the sequel. Certainly appropriate for teens.
Adult Written byalizec May 18, 2015

Incredible

One of my favorite books. A great dystopian novel with a fresh set of ideas.