All parent member reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Parent of a 9 year old Written byJoeFuentes November 10, 2009

Excellent Follow up to the series!

One more in the series and Tripp just LOVED it! He read it cove to cover in a day and then read it again. My only concern is the same that I have with many books and Movies - is that we are no longer teaching out kids to be GREAT, but just to be mediocre. It' s an over simplification, i know. But while I would include more take-away life lessons, I still liked the humor and how Tripp was all over it
Adult Written byjose parra October 23, 2011

DIARY OF A WIMPY KID IS AWESOME

that diary of a wimpy kid doesnt have violent language and its pretty funny and cool!!! so let your kids read it because its cool by jeff kinney
Educator Written byMychemicalstinkpants April 25, 2011
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byCojack17 April 24, 2011
My kids have the whole series
Parent of a 10 year old Written byBeavBeavpop October 25, 2010

Hi

I love Diary of a wimpy kid because they just crack me up.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byeldetee October 15, 2009
I'm 13. It's not as good as the first book. The dog is not in it enough. It's pretty funny. Greg makes some really funny decisions.
Adult Written byKnowler March 10, 2012

This sequel is indicating of Greg's teenage life and possibly may not be suitable for kids under 12 years old.

Sure parents always do what's best for their kids and that is why they are always misunderstood by their own kids thinking this isn't fair. Look at Greg. He'll have nightmares of that mud hand after watching a horror movie. Besides the funny (actually disgusting) scenes of men in showers, Greg is still "cheating" as he goes for Holly Hills's sister, Heather. However, it never lasts and thank goodness for Greg to realise that his relationship with Heather will never work out. Hopefully Greg would treat Rowley with respect in the future works of this diary. This book is still a great read for anyone who is looking for humour whether in a crazy or a nonsense way as Greg's shortcut to happiness backfires.
Parent Written byT.O. Parent October 20, 2009

Looking forward to number 4!

My nine year old loved the other books in this series and can't wait to get his hands on this one. I hear there is a movie in the works, too.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byHighPlainsMom October 16, 2009

Let's Hear it For The Wimpy Kid!

My children cannot get enough of the "Wimpy Kid" series....teachers are fans as well...great books to engage young boys (often a hard audience to grab!) My 9-year-old and 12-year-old had to play rock-paper-scissors to see who got to read the new book first!
Parent Written byTheUltimateDad December 28, 2010

Very nice book. I bought the whole collection for my kids.
Parent of a 16 and 17 year old Written byla_sombra1121 March 15, 2010
I think this book is very good for kid because its funny and good. =) :-)
Educator and Parent of a 9 year old Written bychichi39 May 18, 2010

PERECT FOR RELUCTANT READERS!!

The entire Wimpy Kid series is recommended - my son, who can read with no problem but doesnt like to/refuses to ate this entire series up!
Parent of a 1, 3, 8, and 10 year old Written byJacobyShaddix32 November 27, 2009

good book

good book for kids
Parent of a 4, 9, and 14 year old Written byitsmehere October 20, 2009

Loved all 4!!

Our 9 year has read and enjoyed them all. She was so excited to learn number 4 was coming from her school book order that she reread the first 3 to get ready. She would often laugh out load and read sections to us.
Parent Written bytreat02 December 27, 2012

:) very good

Good. Quite good. Greg is dishonest at times, and isn't a good role model (since when was he ever?). Still mild things they say (jerk, moron). Greg has a mild crush on a high school girl, but, of course he doesn't capture any of her attention nor does he really think about kissing her. He is afraid to go through the men's shower room at the "town's pool", because he doesn't like to see grown men bathing (he likes his own privacy as well). He never says WHAT exactly BOTHERS him, so that's useful. (This story takes place in the summer.) I liked this one, and I think it was very good.
Adult Written byash220 October 8, 2010
Not the best book, but still funny!!
Parent of a 11 year old Written bycool one July 30, 2010
my kid loves it
Parent of a 13 and 17 year old Written byReni July 1, 2010
boring, but my daughter loved it
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byironman2 May 17, 2010

Good for 8

Good book but to many flirts
Adult Written byJulian C. November 1, 2016

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days

Parents need to know this book is a pretty good book for there children. This book shows the story in Greg's diary written as his own way. The story will take place in summer vacation. Find out why in the story Greg's mom struggles with Greg about playing video games all summer. Greg had a different idea from his mom. Greg gets a crush on a high school senior and follows her around and tries to help her to get her attention, but does he success in getting her? This book is overall funny and children will enjoy this book as they will laugh.