Parent reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Sweet, funny summer vacation tale in 4th installment.

Adult Written byscarlettthedrag... September 18, 2020

everyone summer going great well nearly everyone summer

as the third favourite in the series this one a good read too not as great as cabin fever and long haul but still good all Greg was to do for summer is play video games but his mum has other ideas also the book teaches you that when you get a new dog never send the worst speller to get the name on the bowl
Adult Written byJulian C. November 1, 2016

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days

Parents need to know this book is a pretty good book for there children. This book shows the story in Greg's diary written as his own way. The story will take place in summer vacation. Find out why in the story Greg's mom struggles with Greg about playing video games all summer. Greg had a different idea from his mom. Greg gets a crush on a high school senior and follows her around and tries to help her to get her attention, but does he success in getting her? This book is overall funny and children will enjoy this book as they will laugh.

Adult Written byev202822 April 29, 2016

edgers review

This book is good for children it has entertainment comedy and humor in this book it does not have any any drinking or violence in it it was a book that was made for children it expresses what a kids summer vacation is planed to be like.
Adult Written byAe247700school March 1, 2016

This book... Eeehhh. Funny but not the best

In Dog Days, Greg expects to stay home all summer and do nothing but play video games. His mom urges him to try to get out of the house, but he doesn't want to because from his experience.
When he and Rowley go to Rowley's country club, they bring a girl, Trista, along, but then she starts talking to some lifeguard and ignores the people who took her there. One unlucky day, Rowley's dad shows up at Greg's house and expects Greg to pay for all the smoothies he's ordered at the country club. Greg and Rowley start a lawn mowing business. A customer shows up and Greg gives her bad quality lawn mowing. Then his dad comes and finishes the job, but the lady now despises Greg. All these fortunate events make him more want to stay home for the rest of the summer. But as with all his plans, everything goes exactly the opposite. There a lot of unfortunate events happening to Greg but you have to read it to believe it!

This book was a really entertaining book but was it the best book in the world? No.
I would recommend this book to 3rd graders only because the cheesy humor Jeff Kinney, the author, puts in. Also I would want to let others know that this book has some great value because it's very common for kids to be lazy during the summer, like Greg, but it does show that Greg put in an effort of trying to do something productive while having fun.

Adult Written bythis.girl.love.cats February 29, 2016

It was good and funny but not my type of book

Greg who is in meddle school is having trouble trying to stay out of trouble. His dad threatens him to send him away. But then a new family member was added with caused Greg a lot of trouble. Greg has a situation with his dad where any he did he dad got him in trouble, but of coarse they both have different point of view to one another. This book shows a lot of educational value because he( Greg) makes mistakes but when another thing comes his way he know what to do and what not to do. Why i chose that grade level? Well because an older person at age 13 wouldn't really read it but will see it as a book that not much interesting. I choose 3 stars because yea i guess ill recommend my relatives but not my uncles or anuts.

Parent Written byhybridauth_user 371 November 25, 2015

Dog Days

Greg have summer vacation but, he always stay inside playing video games. The mom always told him he had to go outside. The mom wanted the family to go out to this place Greg didn't like to go. Something changed his mind and he wanted to go to that place he hated. He passed all his summer with some bad things happening to him. Greg struggles against his mom about him not wanting to pass his summer outside with the family. The mom wanted Greg to go outside on a sunny day but, Greg was inside the house playing video games with the curtain closed and the lights off.
One of the central themes of the book is that not always staying inside the house is a good idea and sometimes you should go outside and have some fun. Greg always wanted to stay inside but, this girl that he liked and that was in that place he hated changed his mind of always staying inside the house. I think this book is good because it shows that playing video games or staying inside isn't always a good idea. Also going outside can help you stayed relaxed and playing video games isn't that good for you. I think this book is good.
I will recommend this book to other people because this shows that playing video games can be really bad for you. Also, the book might convince people to stop playing video games. Video games can also ruin your vision. I will recommend this book to other people. I chose 4 stars because the shows things that people should do and not do. Also, because it didn't show a lot of how people should not stay inside all the time. Also, the people are trying to tell Greg to go out and have some fun outside and sometimes Greg doesn't do what his family says. That is why I give the book 4 stars.
I chose the age 13 year old because those people are the ones who play a lot of video games. Those people don't like to go outside in summer and be with their family. Those people just feel it's better to be inside. Those people think its the best to stay inside playing video games. That is why I think it is for 13 year old.
I chose great messages because it gives a message that people should go outside instead of being inside playing video games. Also, gives a message that you should never trust a friend that never helps you or puts you in trouble. I chose great role models because the parents of Greg and the role models. They are the role models because they make rules of not watching scary movies. Also, they are trying to get their kids to spend time together and go outside. I chose too much sex because Greg has a crush on this girl. The girl is a teenager and that is what changed his mind of going to that horrible place which is the town pool.
I didn't chose educational value or too much violence or too much swearing or too much consumerism or too much drinking/drugs/smoking because it didn't have nothing of that. It didn't show nothing of those and the book did't have any of that. The books show somethings that are good and not bad things like that. The book showed positive things and didn't have things that are inappropriate. That is why I didn't chose any of those boxes.

Parent Written bytreat02 December 27, 2012

:) very good

Good. Quite good. Greg is dishonest at times, and isn't a good role model (since when was he ever?). Still mild things they say (jerk, moron). Greg has a mild crush on a high school girl, but, of course he doesn't capture any of her attention nor does he really think about kissing her. He is afraid to go through the men's shower room at the "town's pool", because he doesn't like to see grown men bathing (he likes his own privacy as well). He never says WHAT exactly BOTHERS him, so that's useful. (This story takes place in the summer.) I liked this one, and I think it was very good.
Adult Written byKnowler March 10, 2012

This sequel is indicating of Greg's teenage life and possibly may not be suitable for kids under 12 years old.

Sure parents always do what's best for their kids and that is why they are always misunderstood by their own kids thinking this isn't fair. Look at Greg. He'll have nightmares of that mud hand after watching a horror movie. Besides the funny (actually disgusting) scenes of men in showers, Greg is still "cheating" as he goes for Holly Hills's sister, Heather. However, it never lasts and thank goodness for Greg to realise that his relationship with Heather will never work out. Hopefully Greg would treat Rowley with respect in the future works of this diary. This book is still a great read for anyone who is looking for humour whether in a crazy or a nonsense way as Greg's shortcut to happiness backfires.

Adult Written byjose parra October 23, 2011

DIARY OF A WIMPY KID IS AWESOME

that diary of a wimpy kid doesnt have violent language and its pretty funny and cool!!! so let your kids read it because its cool by jeff kinney

Adult Written byMychemicalstinkpants April 25, 2011
Parent of a 6 and 11-year-old Written byCojack17 April 24, 2011
My kids have the whole series

Parent Written byTheUltimateDad December 28, 2010

Very nice book. I bought the whole collection for my kids.

Parent of a 10-year-old Written byBeavBeavpop October 25, 2010

Hi

I love Diary of a wimpy kid because they just crack me up.

Adult Written byash220 October 8, 2010
Not the best book, but still funny!!
Parent of a 11-year-old Written bycool one July 30, 2010
my kid loves it

Parent of a 13 and 17-year-old Written byReni July 1, 2010
boring, but my daughter loved it
Parent of a 9-year-old Written bychichi39 May 18, 2010

PERECT FOR RELUCTANT READERS!!

The entire Wimpy Kid series is recommended - my son, who can read with no problem but doesnt like to/refuses to ate this entire series up!
Parent of a 4 and 9-year-old Written byironman2 May 17, 2010

Good for 8

Good book but to many flirts

Parent of a 16 and 17-year-old Written byla_sombra1121 March 15, 2010
I think this book is very good for kid because its funny and good. =) :-)

Parent of a 1, 3, 8, and 10-year-old Written byJacobyShaddix32 November 27, 2009

good book