Kid reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck Poster Image

Good book. I'm just disappointed that Greg didn't actually get hit by 8-balls.

Best of them all

Ive been reading DOWAK since I was 7 and i can agree this one is the best book of them all, it has everything from psychic power refrences to Childhood flashbacks :) YES FINALLY SOMETHING I CAN READ
1 person found this helpful.

Continuing from the last book, Abigail and Rowley are now a couple, leaving Greg out. When things get worse for him, Greg uses a magic 8-ball to make his decisions for him and turn his life around.

Eight books in and still good. Jeff Kinney is one of the most consistently funny writers/cartoonists working right now. Kinney has placed Greg Heffley in the same temporal suspension that all great cartoon characters suffer through. Like Charlie Brown or Eric Cartman, he will never grow older. And this is good, because that means Greg never needs to learn from his mistakes. And that means these books will always be funny. Charles Schulz’ famous rule about comics—it’s the art of doing the same thing over and over again without repeating yourself—is evident here. This book is the same as all the other ones—Greg misinterprets situations, tries to avoid doing work, hates school—but it is still all new and surprising. One of the great and consistently funny things in these books, and especially here, is how adults are portrayed. Grown-ups aren’t idiots and they’re not mean, they just don’t get it. In Hard Luck, there are things like the “Find a Friend” station in the school playground, the school’s “Hero Point” system for encouraging good behavior, and Greg’s mom’s stash of replacements of his old favorite stuffed animal. These are all hilariously misguided attempts to ease kids through emotional trauma--well-meaning, but entirely tone-deaf. I don’t know if the intended adolescent reader will ever see these books as laugh-out-loud funny as adults do. It’s too close to what they actually go through.

LITERALLY LIKE THE BEST BOOK IN HISORY

my fave DOAWK book so far :) so much exiting stuff happens!

Awesome book!

I love this series! There's nothing wrong with it except for one thing. I fell as though there are not enough female characters in these books. But the humor never gets old and there are great messages in it. Super funny. A work of art. Thank you for reading and I hope this was helpful!

The best book i've ever read.

Pretty good

Pretty good 9/10

I love it

I love the book. I read all 12 books & this is one of my favorite wimpy kid sieres

Funny and amazing

The book was the best one in the series but potty humor strikes again and younger kids should be careful but I still recommend to buy the book