Parent reviews for Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! Poster Image

Does not make any sense - educational value 0

Does not make any sense for us. From beginning to end, this tells about a pigeon (bird) who is refused to ride the bus. Maybe funny for smaller ones to yell "no" to the pigeon all the time (although my daugther and I felt sorry for the poor bird) but what is the learning? Just saying no without any reflection, understanding or research? No curiosity (Maybe the bird has a rationale?), no empathy. Promotes blind obedience without dialogue. Would not buy it.

Review from reading tutor

I have read this endearing and easy to read book with dozens of children and have never found a student who didn't want to read it over and over and over again...

Don't believe it

This is telling children to drive buses and thats not safe. My child has tried to drive my remote control bus.

Mo Willems at his best

Quite frankly all of Mo Willems books are incredible. They make parents laugh without including content that inappropriate for young readers. There’s a healthy dose of sarcasm with anything involving The Pigeon, and in this book especially, there are so many levels to enjoy.

Family and child favorite

One of our all time children and bed time favs. Mo Willems brings classic children’s storytelling into the 21st century with a long overdue cheekiness that all parents need through the bedtime reading stages. Not only for 2 and up. This is a great one to start with. Parents will not grow tired of this one.