Parent reviews for Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus

Silliness that appeals to preschoolers.

Adult Written bykolobok April 9, 2008

Every 3 year old should read this book!

This is a fun book for your young children to read. It gives them a chance to finally say NO to something. This book works miracles in restaurants for my 2 3/4 year old. Whenever she is in a grumpy mood, I need to pull this book out and start reading it. She is all smiles after that!They only thing I didn't like about the book is they use the word HEY....
Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008

Very cute book!

My 4 yo son loves how silly this book is. The author and illustrator have CLEARLY spent significant time with preschoolers 'cause they've captured kid's expressions of frustration and their desire to negotiate perfectly.
Parent Written by[email protected] March 3, 2015

awsome

I think this story is a really good one.

Parent Written byneens_b January 28, 2013

Great read!

This is a cute story that my 2 year old loves to read!

Parent of a 5 year old Written byKOhaver March 12, 2013

Silly, fun, laugh-out-loud

My son (now almost 6) and I LOVE Mo Willems' books! We were a little late in our discovery of Mo Willems. This book was our first, borrowed from the library on a whim when he was 4. We liked it so much and laughed every time we read it......and we read it over and over until we had to turn it back in! We ended up purchasing our own copy, which led to the discovery of other Mo Willems funny, silly stories. We highly recommend [Willems] Elephant and Piggie series. One of our favorites is "We Are In A Book". Whenever we have a down day we pick up a Pigeon or Elephant/Piggie book and it perks us right up. Perfectly fun for everyone - yes, even mom and dad! And while they are silly, they do include positive messages (sharing, caring, patience, etc.). The illustrations and dialogue on each page are simple so one does not detract from the other. My son has just started reading and this book, as well as Elephant/Piggie, have become great ways for him to begin reading his favorite stories. The sentences are easy enough for him to read and the larger print is helpful. Because of the minimalist style of the illustrations, there is not a lot of distraction to take away my son's concentration on reading. And because the stories are fun, my son finds reading practice less stressful (he can get overwhelmed when there are a lot of unrecognizable words).

Parent of a 12 and 12 year old Written byResponibleParentOf2 September 15, 2012

Great story!

Teaches children not to drive buses! Supporter of SOPA and ranter of evil school children like ImagineIt of Scratch, ResponibleParentOf2 signing out!
Parent of a 1, 3, 4, 13, 13, and 16 year old Written byrachelinbar October 25, 2009

Fun to read, beyond the printed words.

Fun to read WITH the kids - they love to participate. My 4-yo knows the whole book by heart & the kids quote it often.
Adult Written bySaulgood January 6, 2018

Parent Written byBeverly R. December 29, 2017

Family and child favorite

One of our all time children and bed time favs. Mo Willems brings classic children’s storytelling into the 21st century with a long overdue cheekiness that all parents need through the bedtime reading stages. Not only for 2 and up. This is a great one to start with. Parents will not grow tired of this one.

Adult Written byMrs. C. B. August 13, 2017

Parent Written bygracia0819 August 20, 2015

Not everything you want you can have

This one is a really funny story. And no wonder why kids will interact on this. It is a funny and silly way to let the children the perception of no. Best job Mo Williams

Adult Written byladybug01 January 27, 2011

Perfect for preschoolers, not really for older children

I think that it is a good book because its fun and gets the child involved in the story.