Parent and Kid Reviews on

Dork Diaries 10: Tales from a Not-So-Perfect Pet Sitter Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 13 kid reviews

Sort by:

We have to much problems and now this ?

Don’t get fooled by this book with it’s beautiful pink cover. It is nothing but dumb. It has to much drama and boy talk. And I hate Brandon. Don’t read this. Make sure you dump it in the bin before you give it to your child. Read Narwhal and Jelly instead.
1 person found this helpful.

It could promote lying, as Nikki and her friends sneak behind adults' backs to hide seven dogs without her parents' permission. This is not a heroic gesture but a very irresponsible and risky challenge. It's not even very fun to read about either.

Dork Diaries-Not-So Perfect Pet Sitter

Dork diaries is improving in every book, expect the 7th. I mean I thought this was a good book, I recommend this one!

Worst Book in the Series

Usually, the books beat you over the head with cringe. But the funny stuff make up for it. But this book isn't funny, and even more cringy than normal. Something I couldn't fathom possible.

One of The Most Problematic Book Series You Can Let Your Kids Read

I read this series when I was younger, and looking back, I got a lot of negative messages from these books. The only things that are important in life according to these books are popularity, appearance, social status, etc. This book does not teach kids to be happy in life and focus on things that really matter: family/friends, passions, etc. Nikki is such a pessimist. She thinks she has the worst life ever when she has a kind family, good friends, enough money, etc. This book stigmatizes mental health conditions, using phrases like, "mentally ill weirdo", portraying all of the characters with mental health conditions as physically unattractive losers who no one likes, etc. The image Nikki portrays of how a girl should be is very problematic, she only cares about appearances and popularity, she is super dramatic and makes a big fit about small things, and she says, "OMG" so much that it gets annoying. All of the characters are pretty flat and not at all unique. Nikki and MacKenzie are always creating drama, which kinda portrays messages that you should pit women against women. DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS READ THIS BOOK.

TOO MUCH DRAMA AND KINDA DUMB!!

First of I don't think that the author realized what a dork meant because throughout the book she calls herself a dork and act's like it's a good thing. Secondly, this whole book is filled to the brim with drama and nonsense to the point were it's ridiculous, her every thought is about Brandon and does very stupid and cliche stuff to get him to notice. The whole book revolves around the drama and tension between Nikki, Brandon and Mackenzie. For a bunch of High Schoolers Mackenzie, Nikki and Nikki's friend's are completely obsessed with boys and being popular. I would have enjoyed this more if it was about a girl trying to be herself and is getting bullied for it but perseveres and isn't bothered. This book had the potential to end up like that but instead it went down the road of High school drama clicheness and made me completely bored and unentertained like a real book should. This book also makes Nikki really negative towards her sister and parents valuing a phone and some new clothes over them. She left her sister once to go and hang out with her friends and the author tries to cover her irresponsibility by trying to make the whole thing funny(she failed at that BTW). All in all I give this two stars and I honestly think you could buy a rock, play with it and be more entertained than when you read this garbage.

TOO MUCH DRAMA AND KINDA DUMB!!

Great book

Wow! Great realistic fiction book for tweens. Totally worth reading.

another fun book of Rachel

I am a total fan of dork diaries series. Apart from Mackenzie there is no mean character. All the characters are funny ,friendly and nice. The newly introduced character seems nice too.

Pretty Good Book

This book was pretty great. Im a teen myself, but I think that this book would appeal to kids grades 6+. It has an intersting plot and amazing characters that we can all relate to. Especially Nikki, we all gotta love her!