Kid reviews for Echo

Tales of injustice masterfully blend with a dash of magic.

Based on 1 review

Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2016

Echo is well beautiful

I loved echo. I finished it quicker than most books because it was so amazing. It is probably the best stand alone book I have ever read. Bonding the lives of 3 children with passions for music. It has some intense topics so I would say the grade 5th grade and up. And suggest this to anyone. Adults would probably enjoy this too.

Kid, 12 years old October 22, 2016

Very well written.

This book is very well written and keeps you turning the pages.It si very engaging.Loved it!

Kid, 9 years old December 16, 2016
Echo is a great book! It's about kids who face big challenges and overcome them. Although I recommend this book to children I do believe you need to be old enough to understand the issues that each character goes through.

Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2018

Another Wonderful Story

I love the books I've read by Pam Munoz Ryan, and "Echo" is another great story. Both my mom and I read this book independently, and both loved it. It is about the journey of one harmonica, traveling from one child to the next. Each child has their own story, and each story is unique and hard to stop reading. "Echo" is a novel about music, with some historical fiction and fantasy twisted in. I'd recommend this for kids in 6th grade and up.

Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2017

A masterpeice

Echo is a beautifully crafted novel that you will adore entwined into a perfect orchestra of a story.

Kid, 10 years old August 30, 2017

MUSICAL MAGIC

It was an amazing story about these kids who had to struggle through hardships with the help of music. It was beautiful and had many good morals. Echo shows that kids are powerful and the kids in the book were very responsible.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheAnonymous1 December 13, 2018

Whenever I read it, I read start to finish in less than a day

I just can never put it down.

Teen, 13 years old Written byallycat1 September 5, 2018

OMG THE BEST

the best book ever but its kinda sad about that german kid's face

Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2018

Echo review

It's a really good book which gives you a taste of life during the holoucast and war. I like the link to music in this book because it strings all the characters together. When I only saw the cover online I didn't expect it to be a long and thick as it was when I got it from the library. The only bad part of the book was some parts could get boring but after working through a few pages you could reengage and begin to enjoy it again. The cliff hangers at the end of each part left you wanting to read through the others so that by the end you could discover how there journies ended. 4/5 from me.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBlueKylie April 9, 2018

Read it when I was really young and LOVED it

I read this when I was 8 and I didn’t have any problem understanding it and it had an awesome plot, good characters, and it was set in a time that complimented the stories

Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2017
Echo was an astounding book! It offered many great views on important times in our history, and what happened to those people (like Ivy's story). This book is perfect for all ages, but might have some things that might be too hard for younger readers to understand. Ryan combines fictional and historical into one amazing masterpiece.