Kid reviews for Eliza and Her Monsters

Fame and fandom collide with privacy in engaging tale.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 13 years old Written bySALLY JO October 28, 2017

"There are monsters in the sea."

I LOVE THIS BOOK! Coming from a huge YA reader who mainly enjoys fantasy novels, this contemporary book was so amazing and was a most-welcome break from epic plot twists and character betrayals. The characters were so relatable and you just can't help but adore them. Being able to journey with Eliza as she untangles the lines between her life online and off was such a pleasure, and wasn't stressful to read at all. Plus, the comic strips and art that show up every once in a while is so fabulous! While reading this, I thought about how a parent might interpret this book; maybe the way Eliza's parents finally see how the internet is not such a bad place- at least for Eliza herself. Parents might just see that (no matter off or online) getting to know your child (teen) while still giving them room to grow and learn for themselves is okay. This is definitely a great book for teenagers all around. I guarantee this read will make parents and students see the world/their peers in a different way, if only a little bit.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysb830 September 14, 2017

Teen, 13 years old Written byrainmaker September 9, 2017

Online Secrecy

I just finished reading this book and its AMAZING!! Its inspirational, touching and relatable for teens. There is some swearing/inappropriate topics but the novel is about a senior, so there usually is going to be some of that. Overall, awesome book (I finished it in two days). Oh, and my username is a username of someone famous on the webcomic forums from the books♡

Teen, 13 years old Written byLeaih January 20, 2019
This is a great book it has so many ideas and i relate to them, it shows that sometimes parents make mistakes and aren't perfect. It's also one of my favorite books

Teen, 13 years old Written bysmolteen October 11, 2018

A Very Realistic Representation of Being "Stuck in Your Head/Online"

There are may intriguing aspects to this book, and to be completely honest I think that it portrays introverted-ness very accurately. Maybe not for all people, but I personally related to Eliza very much. I may not have an online alter-ego, but there are plenty relatable things about her character. This really drew me into the book, and maybe you'll find a relatable aspect too. :)

Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2018

this book was amazing

Teen, 13 years old Written byIndigo14 May 22, 2018

Amazing book!

Eliza and her Monsters is one of my favorite books of all time. It is incredibly interesting and you won’t be able to put it down. I recommend it for any teen.