Kid reviews for Fake ID

Fast-paced tale of family in hiding is gripping, violent.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Based on 1 review
Teen, 14 years old Written byOpal W. June 24, 2017

Good but creepy teen thriller

This book was great. I read it all in almost one afternoon. It's a gripping, thrilling novel. When I finished it honestly scared me a little. There is violence in it. The most violent parts are in the beginning when the main character walks into a room where someone has slit their wrists. It's not very graphic but still chilling. The other fairly violent part is in the end when someone smashes someone else's head in. This is also not very graphic, but the mental image is pretty frightening. There's a small amount of sexual content, including but not limited to, a girl is pregnant and the father denies 'knocking her up', talk of how a boy brought a 'fine ass to the party', discussions of wanting to have sex in car but not wanting to pressure anyone, plenty of kissing, and descriptions of teen girls outfits (from male teens, not adults). This was a great book that I enjoyed a lot, but the violence is a little frightening to visual readers. Other than that there were no super bad parts to this book. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes suspenseful mysteries.